Prompt and on time, as requested by the Herald, Alice Brown enters Club Ember. When around Martha it was the only time she didn't feel the need to impress others with her clothes. She probably hasn't wore this much casual clothes openly since ages. It's jeans and a normal shirt. No, she didn't need to wear an impressive attire, that's why she does wear some stylish Valentino boots.

The Daeva wonders why Martha wanted to speak to her. Of course there was always time for socializing, certainly with a nice person as her, yet Alice had a feeling in her stomach, maybe even the hope that something else was coming. The woman is always full of surprises after all. And it has been a while...

Tiny Martha is waiting not far from the door. She is clearly waiting for Alice. Leaning on her cane, she offers a happy smile. Her smile hesitates a moment as she studies the boots and jeans...then back to the boots again. A smile to Alice as she limps closer. Her left leg stiff, it drags hard. Martha is dressed in her riding tunic, long riding skirt and her riding boots peek from the long hem of the dress. Black gloves hold her cane tight. Her top hat trails the usual long train of black silk. A bad of lipstick, a heavy aroma of lavender. "Ah," she begins happily, "Good evening, miss! I hope hope you are well! I do like your boots, miss! They look most splendid!" she eyes them once more before looking back to Alice. A gesture is made, a dainty and friendly one, as if to beckon Alice to follow her deeper into the club.

'Ah good evening Miss Villiers!' Alice sounds sincerely happy. It was good to see the Herald again. 'Oh thank you! Yes I thought this occasion needed something special. They're quite new.' And she stretches one leg in front of her to take a better look herself. She wasn't entirely sure if she liked them, price doesn't mean everything. At least they fitted perfectly.

Then while following Martha inside Alice says in a curious tone: 'Now I don't remember me telling you lavender was my favorite perfume?' and she sniffs some of the lovely odor from the air while chuckling.

Martha watches, wide eyed, as Alice stretches out a leg to admire the boots. Tiny Martha limps closer to inspect them too, biting at her bottom lip, then watching Alice with a shy smile and nod. "They seem a perfect fit, miss!" As she hobbles into the club, trying hard now, and in vian, to walk in the manner she sees Alice walk...Martha pauses to giggle at Alice's words. "Oh! I say! Well, I am glad: it is my favourite too!"

'I see! Excellent.' Alice tries to adapt the good tone in which Martha was speaking, maybe she could once cheer others up like the Herald did. For now Alice wrote a thing on a mental list: lavender perfume. Might she ever want to give Martha a gift, and shoes were simply were not enough, a perfume was always good.

'Was there someting particular you wished to see me for, Miss Villiers?' The moment Alice has to say miss she looks around to see if any kine are near.

Martha studies the boots once more, then looks cheerfully to Alice. She gestures up the stairs to the back rooms up in the next storey up. Nodding. "Indeed there is, miss! But, please let us get comfortable upstairs so we may converse in privacy!" she gestures for Alice to go up the stairs first... "Pause at the top, please...I shall show you the way once I am there." a hesitant and bashful smile as she readies her cane and posture for the ascent.

'A wise decision, Miss Villiers!' Alice nods and starts to ascent the stairs in a happy pace, however she stops halfway up. 'Is there any possible way I can help you, miss?' The Daeva turns around to extend her hand. It was strange to see a near immortal creature yet so weak.

Martha looks stunned, slightly embarassed even, as Alice turns mid way up. Martha had barely begun her ascent and was busy lifting her leg up to climb each stair with steady care. Each step requires that she amost has to haul up her stiff leg like a leaden weight. Looking wide eyed to Alice she is wide eyed. Looks to the offered extended hand and hobbles up to accept the offered hand with a polite, shy, nod of the head. "Thank you, miss." she squeaks. Daintily taking the hand, she tries to keep up with Alice. "What a dashed inconvenience! I am so sorry to slow you down!" she offers, as if humbled.

With a happy nod Alice helps Martha up. 'Oh please don't be sorry. I'm glad to help... how many opportunities do we get these nights to help someone? You make me a better person right away.' She chuckles at her own exaggeration. It was true Alice would build an elevator everywhere she came if she had such a bad limp, or at least find a handsome man to bring her up. But not everybody was like Alice apparently.

Once they arrive upstairs she holds Martha's hand a little longer to make sure the Herald was alright.

Martha was very quiet and seemed calmed in some way by Alice help and her holding her hand. She seemed a little reluctant to let it go once at the top of the stairs. "Thank you, miss." she offers again, softly and gently. Once her hand is released, she gestured to the small office, once occupied by Katrina, that was the nerve centre of the Ember. "I have the use of this office, miss...please do go in, sit where you wish..."

The office is a standard sort of lay out. Lots of CV's, accounting forms, computer manuals and such like everywhere...a few PC monitors flickering away on screen save mode. The place is busy, but not dirty.

'No problem and... please call me Alice?' Strangely enough she was patient tonight, she didn't mind helping Martha. Alice even took a moment to look at the whole club from upstairs. With a soft chuckle she took a longer moment to stare at the balcony. There were some good memories coming up by seeing that specific place. Memories she sadly couldn't share with Martha, at least, not that she was aware off. He wouldn't do that to her, would he? I probably never know.

Alice walks to the office and opens the door, thereafter she stands in the doorway to leave enough room for Martha to walk through but still hold the door open in an elegant way. 'After you.' Then she also enters the office and closes the door behind her. Once she sits down somewhere she gives the Herald an inviting look.

Martha chose to sit in a chair close to the main desk, alongside where she guess a guest may sit. Having moved several chairs there earlier. Taking care to sit with as much grace as her awkward movements allowed. Another dainty gestures. Her eyes watch Alice carefully, watching Alice's boots and then her eyes. Wide and attentive. "Thank you, miss!" she says at the door and waits quietly for Alice to join her. "Congratulations on your appointment as Whip, miss! It must be very exciting for you! Lots to arrange and such like!" she begins, genuine in her apparent joy at this. A free hand rubs hard at her stiff knee joint. "I appreciate you taking the time to see me, Miss Alice!" she offers a respectful nod.

Alice chuckles and shakes her head a little, 'Thank you Miss Villiers, there will indeed be some things I need to take care of once in a while, but I believe you have a far busier job. Taking care of Club Ember...' She uses her hands to indicate everything around them with a simple gesture. Alice herself would have chosen a downstairs private room, which would probably be a little more cosy. Then again, seats were the same anyhow. 'I should be thanking you for seeing me, Miss Villiers, Royal Herald and Keeper in the Domain of Sacramento.' That should suffice her intentions.

'But indeed, I'm excited.' She adds after a while with another chuckle.

Martha chuckles along. Watching Alice with wide eyes. She shares a bashful smile. Looks to Alice's boots and legs...back to Alice's angelic eyes. "Excitement and the Daeva! They go very much hand in hand, it seems!" she chirps. "You...you mentioned my role here...as manager of the Ember. It can be very exciting...rewarding too! The dancers...they have lives filled with turmoil! Some of them...some of them are very dear to me. So many of them to talk to...to try to help! You see, Miss Alice, I am now the manageress of this club. A role I have held since Miss Scherbotsky displeased the Alder Prince and he removed her from her post. I was co-manager, so to speak, in my role as Keeper!" a smile. "It is a position that is useful to the running of the club and overseeing the Elysia herein. A post I have no intention of conceding. However, as Keeper of here, and elsewhere, and, as you pointed out, also Herald...I am, as you correctly suggest, busy! Now...I shan't insult you, ma'am: I daresay you have little need of the money that accompanies the role...but...the post of manageress of an Elysia...well...surely such a thing, when one is working direct to the Alder Prince, can only be an advantage! Unless one squanders the advantages, as Miss Scherbotsky did." she frowns, rubs at her knee. "My first thought to replacing Katrina was, without hesitatio, yourself!" a happy, sincere, smile, "A lady of refinements...a lady familiar with all the very latest modes and...well...someone who's very presence inspires jollity, gaiety and much more besides!" she enthuses, all wide eyed, "With this in mind, and should you accept, the Alder Prince's arrangement with Miss Scherbotsky would transfer, in essence, to yourself!" a happy smile, "We can discuss details at another point. However, should you accept, it is vital that you keep him informed of your progress to stimulate and advance the prosperity of the club! The Alder Prince prizes highly the prosperity of this club. I am confident you will be discrete about this!" Martha nods meaningfully. She holds up her hands as if to playfully ward of denials or any confrontation, "Now...you may, of course, find the offer of no value and reject the invitation. If that is the case, I apologise for subjecting you to my ramble! However, if you feel the offer is worthwhile and to your liking..." her voice trails away, a happy, playfully conspiratorial, smile.

'You don't know half how much I live for excitement!' Alice grins but continues to listen without comment. Before the pause with a smile she had learned a few things already. The word manageress appeared to exist, the Alder Prince has a fine taste, and Club Ember has an amount of good employees. Once the second pause arrived Alice praises herself. She succeeded in giving the impression she was rich, and she managed to keep her relation with the Prince secret, otherwise Martha wouldn't have to point out working under him brought some advantages. While her mind tries to keep up with the endless stream of words, her own mouth falls open once Martha has reached the good news. She listens only with half attention after that. My turn now. And she isn't sure why there was such an ominous laugh in the back of her mind that accompanied the thought, but a guess is that her Beast finally feels rewarded.

'That is most a fantastic offer! Fortunately caused by a good streak of justifications. So don't be silly, of course I accept the invitation. Yes, I keep my self inquired in all fashions and yes, I will keep his Majesty informed.' Probably more than necessary. 'And when it comes to important matters I have no problems being discrete, Herald Villiers. I can assure you.' Alice chuckles after speaking in an exaggerated proud tone.

'Now, what exactly are those arrangements transferred to me?' She was hardly interested, it would already be fun to manage a dance club. A lot different from her previous job... at the Asylum.

Martha smiled. Clearly pleased. "Splendid, miss! Most splendid!" and she went into more detail...