John found a nice little booth upon entering the Mix Downtown. It would be a good place for John and Alice to talk a little more freely with out every mortal in the club listening to them. John wore his typical casual get up, Nice button down, Khakis, and loafers. John felt somewhat nervous, this would be the first time Alice and John had meet out side of some sort of politically charged court like gathering.

John wondered,

God I hope she likes this, I have no idea what and Elder... let alone an Invictus Elder, would think of a Carthian Neonate's choice of setting.... Wow, Never thought I would see the day that I would be going on a date with an Invictus Elder...

aren't they supposed to look down at me and think of me as an uncouth barbarian or something, while I'm supposed to fight against them for the greater good of Kindred equality...

Calm down John, this is not L.A. anymore. Maybe things will be different, the Invictus have already shown that they aren't as big an assholes here as they are in other places. We have differing views, but maybe we can actually work together here. Wait...no to night is not about politics, just calm down and have fun.

With the usual elegance Alice walked into the the restaurant. She was quite late, but that was normal in their style of living. She wears a more casual attire, matching the colors of the Mix Downtown, as if she knew the place already. The Daeva liked the idea of a place not owned by Kindred, and with the intimate dance floor inside they didn't even have to end their evening with vomiting. Lets play little game, starting with a + 1 for a reasonable location.

After shaking off the waitress Alice finds the booth where John is. She stays standing next to the table while nodding with her head, 'Mister Mclean, a good evening.'

John stands up,

"Good evening Miss. Brown, how are you tonight? Would you like to have a seat?"

John smiles offers Alice a seat.

Alice is visibly a little more happy as he asks her the question. She nods. + 1 for following the right etiquette

'I would love to have a seat, thank you. At least when you're either in front or next to me, otherwise a restaurant... could be boring.' Her expression shows a playful grin. She didn't feel a lot for following etiquette herself, but she loved it John did so.

She sits down and looks at the wine card while she asks with sincere interest, 'You lived your life in the USA? California?'

John Chuckles,

"I would have to say, it would be about the same for me if you were not here."

John sits back down when Alice takes a seat. He didn't need to look at the menu, he already had an idea of what he would want, if nothing at all.

"yes to the both, I spent most of my life growing up in L.A., and went to Stanford for college. What about you? I take it that you are not originally from California."

Alice chuckles with her fellow Daeva. Are we going to spend the evening like two nervous teenagers? It certainly has its own charms. Maybe we should. Except for the fucking part of course. Although John needs at least 10 points to experience that, which sadly he doesn't know.

'Good, I love it here! And you're right. Though you first may choose a good Californian wine for the evening before I tell you my story.' She grins as she hands the cart over.

John Picks up the wine card and takes a look at the list. He had never been much of a wine Drinker. Also looking at the Prices he was not to found on the idea of buying something expsensive just to throw it back up later.

"Heres an Idea, why don't we dance instead, and if we are still interested in the wine we can talk to another patron... you know, to get their opinion."

John Laughs at the suggestion, it was meant to be a Joke...sort of.

"Unless, of course, we gain an appitite for something else."

Another smile which is slightly more suggestive than before.

Alice arches an eyebrow, 'mmm...' she sounds amused as she ponders what he said. - 1 for probably knowing shit about wine, but + 1 for finding an acceptable solution. In her mind Alice chuckles, she wasn't very serious with the point system but it was fun at least.

'Excellent, then we shall dance!' Alice raises from her seat and offers her arm to John. He should take her to the dance floor. 'And I have an inexhaustible appetite for many things, mister Mclean, from which some you may hope to find out tonight.' She returns a more than suggestive wink.

And some others hopefully not.

John Smiles and takes Alice's arm and leads her to the dance floor,

another Chuckle from John,

"Oh then I anxiously wait to find out more."

The song that was being played was one of the more popular songs of the week.

John recognizes the song and appreciates the Irony, two dead people dancing to a song about the "Good life".

'Oh you're so cute,' Alice chuckles. She still didn't know if men did or did not liked it if women found them cute. Maybe it was different with every person.

She lays her arms on his shoulder but keeps some distance between them. The song was easy to dance on. 'Show me what you've got mister handsome...'

"As you wish, Miss. Gorgeous."

John smiles,

Dance

John does not do anything spectacular, but he is able to start the dance with Alice off to a good start, with out tripping over himself.

Neither Alice does something special. She quickens their steps a bit though.

'Oh I could get used to that name.'

And she keeps looking John into the eyes, lust twinkling in her expression. 'Anyway, about me. You're dancing with an Britain lady here. One that was killed in France and later raised in Rouen, a city near Paris. The moment I was a full grown Miss. Gorgeous a young man stole my heart and we traveled through Europe, only to end our journey in Las Vegas. There he broke my heart, I almost put a stake in his... and now I'm here.'

Dance

John listens with interest,

"Well that's quite a story, it seems you have had quite an interesting life. Well To elaborate on my story, I was brought up in LA, Dad wanted me to go to an Ivy league college so I went to Stanford, graduated, Then my Party ended. I ended up having a witch of a mentor, who gives our whole family a bad name, who pretty much left me to my own devices, and would occasionally rob me of little I had. When she finally let me go, I got the hell out of there and came here. And to think, my story is only getting started, Who knows... perhaps some Young lady will steal my heart."

At the end of the last sentence she smiles playfully.

Alice shakes her head in a 'say what?!' kind of way, 'Just when I thought this old lady here was doing fine, you wanna trade me for a young girl.' The shaking of her head continues, although now a joking grin is added.

'Tell you what honey,' Alice comes closer to his ear to whisper, 'they can have every part of me except for the heart.'

John Chuckles at Alice's Joke about being an old lady. Aside from the beast slightly cowering in the corner of his mind, he had almost completely forgotten that Alice was twice his age. John assumed that was a good thing.

John whispers back into alice's ear,

"That's good, cause I would hate to see your heart going to someone else."

This was the moment Alice starts to feel some sort of guilty. He didn't know she was bound to the Prince, and that she had done it freely. She once believed in true love, and the world laughed at her. She believed in true love, and it delivered her a broken heart instead. She wasn't sure if she still believed, but even if she did it was too late. True love was for humans, and Alice was nearly human anymore. And John, he was so fresh from the egg.

She doesn't want to be the one responsible for him dropping dead on the ground because his wings don't work yet. 'Just know...' her voice was a little sadder than before, just a little, 'that includes you John.'

'I'm very good in having fun, but don't get to high expectations from either me or yourself...' She was still whispering, though John could swear he felt her tongue just a tiny moment. 'You're OK? On the bright side my definition of friend can vary a lot.'

Some where in John's mind the word "Friend Zone" in an almost mocking tone echoed.

But John smiles and bares it, John was never very happy about the fact that he had lost a lot of emotion when he was turned but right now he was glad that rejection was not hitting him as hard as it used to. Then again she could always change her mind, eternity is a pretty long time.

his response is soft and slow, with a bit of sadness in it, but it was sincere none the less.

"I understand, with folks like us... things are a bit different if not more complicated. I know I'm not old enough, or wise enough, or powerful enough to really help you out with whatever high end stuff you may be dealing with... but if you need someone to have a good night with or someone to chat with, I'm here."

John's face becomes a playful smile again,

"But hey we are supposed to be having fun, so why don't we live it up like tomorrow night will never come."

'Now that's the spirit!' Alice pulls her head back and starts to dance again, taking John with her into the good mood. She didn't want to react on what he said earlier, it could only confuse him further since she was a little confused.

One step back, a pull to his arm as she lets herself fall, only to roll herself back into his arms directly thereafter. 'Let's to the good night part now... and the nice chat later.' John will soon find out Alice has some nice moves to show him...

dance roll

John takes Alice into his arms and does a little spin with her,

"I was just about to suggest the same thing."

John says with a seductive grin.

Dance take 2