Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1510) Asa and Josephine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

PRE

"Of course, Your Grace," Josephine replied, the words feeling strange as they left her mouth, so long had she spent avoiding pronouncing them. Alas, they could be avoided no longer.

"I had been desiring a moment of your time, as well, as it happens,"
    she continued, "but before I trouble you with such, how might I be of service to you?"

A light bow accompanied the question. Respectful, or intended to be. She always feared such gestures appeared as exceedingly servile, but alas, there was nothing to be done about it.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Someone...

Asa's eyes studiously fixed on the top of the raven haired head, examining the small whorl of hair at the crown.

really ought to tell her not to bow in that dress.

He didn't.

"Certainly, you may have your moment. As for myself, I wanted to ask your opinion,"
    Asa spoke, words falling in a more quiet tone. It was Court, and he knew full well there would be eavesdroppers, but that was all part of the Danse.

"Of my Laws."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

3. Likes Cayce liked this post

PRE

"You surprise me, Your Grace," Josephine replied, having arisen from the bow. "I would not have expected such a question on this eve, so I must confess, I am most curious as to what spurred this question. Alas, I am sure you are more interested in the satiation of your curiosity then mine. So I would simply say that your laws possess an elegance in their clarity. For instance, were one to examine Inconcessus, it is easy to understand why you do not desire meddling with the Kine in those professions, for those would be the Kine most likely to discover a breach of the Masquerade, and thus limited contact with them is demanded by your laws. Indeed, it is perfectly understandable that those laws are merely an extension of the law protecting the Masquerade."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Excellent."

Asa considered his Laws elegant, as well. And, as Josephine had grasped, more functional than vain. Unless one was... a Carthian.

"That makes my next question a bit easier, and brings us closer to satisfying your desires and curiosities."
    He'd never been one to shy away from innuendo, however unintentional is might have began or unlikely to gestate.

"Could you see yourself enforcing them, as Reeve?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

6. Likes SoraLow liked this post

PRE

One, two sudden blinks were directed at the Prince, followed by a moment of silence as Josephine considered what the Prince had said. There was nothing she had done, after all, to truly merit the offer of Reeve. Thus she must be the best of a limited number of options. Or, perhaps a set-up for some move in one of the Prince's puppet play. Of course, were that to be the case, she would never understand exactly what that move was unless she took the position.

Thus, she made her decision.

"You honor me with the question, your Grace, even were it merely to be hypothetical. In answer,"
    Josephine finally replied, "I would say that I could assuredly see myself as enforcing them. However, to say such, and to demonstrate it are entirely two different things. So please, allow me to make a request of you: grant me the right to challenge Marco Fernandez to Monomacy. He has insulted me, the Lancea et Sanctum, and your Seneschal. His temerity should not go unanswered. And, if I were to emerge victorious from such an affair, there would be a measure of proof that I could enforce your laws. Certainly you need more than a mere thug to investigate and uphold justice and security in your Domain, but I have no doubt that you would feel better served by one that could emerge from such a conflict should the need arise."

8. Likes SoraLow liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow arched upward, remaining for the duration of the mononym's monologue.

"Are you suggesting that seeking redress for an insult is a more worthy demonstration that being a 'mere thug'?"
    In all fairness, it could be. Korvin Angustri would probably have an opinion on that.

"Then I suppose I can only hope that you would defend my honor as vigorously as you would the honor of the Lancea et Sanctum."
    The brow slowly lowered, having been raised for that sole purpose given their recent conversation.

"If such grave offense has included my Seneschal, then I think it's only fitting that she be the one to grant or deny your claim. Would you agree?"

10. Likes SoraLow liked this post

PRE

"No, your Grace. I was suggesting that, though other qualities are necessary for a Reeve to perform their duties, a capability to do violence is necessary as well. By redressing this insult, I might demonstrate such a capacity," Josephine explained. "And assuredly, I would be prepared to defend your honor in a similar manner were it necessary. But, for the moment, yes, I would agree that the Seneschal herself would be a most fitting judge for this matter."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I assure you," Asa answered with a small smile, "That I do not doubt your capacity to do violence."

Or for any, within the confines of Court. They all had it, simmering below the surface. Even the ones that doubted their own dead sinew had to only slip the leash to remind themselves. Asa leaned forward, slowly, carefully, bringing his lips close to Josephine's ear.

"I once said something similar, and the Reeve who Deputized me told me that I was a Lord."

Asa straightened back up, and nodded.

"Then let us ask Seneschal Harding."
    The last two words came out slightly louder, conversational tones deepening into a firm summons as his eyes located Katya.

13. Likes Cayce liked this post
    s
    sumthingpositiv

once Katya had excused herself, she approached Asa and Josephine, preparing herself for what was most likely to be a weighted conversation, whether that be on philosophy or something pressing within the domain, that would require a careful choice of words. A poor choice of language would result in a verbal lashing from either of them and with style.

She bows her head first to Asa and says "Your Majesty, I heard you speak my name, what can I do for you this evening?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening, Seneschal Harding."

Annoyance at the state of Court fed into the sullen rage below that simmered and threatened to quicken into a boil as the beautiful Savage approached. The Kine of this era had a phrase, a beautiful, vicious turn of words...

Hate fuck.

That's what it was. Words which could only be done proper justice with the murderous stain of a Predator's intent. Eyes drifted over the chosen attire, a distraction, latching on to the odd though of adding a top hat.

Like the ringmaster of a circus.

A very deadly circus. Maybe some other evening he would ask -- if she was being... witty. Of the thoughts, nothing was offered but a polite smile.

"We were just having a conversation, and a request was made. Since you were also involved, I thought it would be appropriate for you to have the decision. I'll let Josephine elaborate..."

Asa gestured toward the other Ventrue.

16. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread