[When we last left our heroes the were at a strip club.]

Jennifer glanced from the blue haired woman to Ricardo and Nao, wondering at their responses.

Nao stirs in her seat. First shoved into such an uncomfortable environment, now faced with another predator...

Ricardo looks around. He didn't really want to get into a fight here of all places, and Nao looked uncomfortable. "Do you both want to head out?"

Nao sits up straight. "Yes. Please."

"Thats advisable." Jennifer says quietly. "Lets head outside and see if she follows us." She glances to the other woman, preparing to strum her blood if they were followed.

[Activate Auspex 1] Nao's senses sharpen to a fine point; the better to detect if they were walking into an ambush.

Ricardo leads them outside without looking at Jillian. Once they get outside he says "That was a mistake. I'm sorry."

"You live some, you learn some." She flashes her teeth in a smile. "Irony in our case."

Nao stares at a spot on the ground again, head hung low, while speaking. "I...didn't know Elysias were held in such...public...places."

Ricardo asked "Didn't you see the location the other one was held at? It was the same except the women dressing like that were not being paid."

He exaggerated a little of course, but Nao had to get used to how this city worked.

"First time I've been in a place like that. Not that it wasn't a good study in sociology." She looked back at the door, then glanced at the street around them. Searching for prying eyes or people paying too much attention to the trio. "We have to learn the role to play here." She says quietly. "The older residents seem comfortable here."

The conservative little girl shies away. "I try not to look at that stuff, so I didn't really notice."

"May I be bold, Miss Nao?" She inquires to the other predator. "Are you here with your...father or mother?" Outside, she would refrain from speaking of vampiric society.

Nao freezes. "I..." She meets Jennifer's gaze after stuttering a tad. "I-I'm here all alone. My sire sent me here after teaching me what he knew. He didn't think I needed an accompaniment." She lies. Should she tell them of her ties down south?

Ricardo was about to say something, but stopped as he heard Jen's question. He was curious about Nao as well.

"Welcome to the club." The Mexican replied, then continued "Were to now?"

"I don't have a Haven here, so I was planning on finding a hotel. In fact, that's how I ran into you three."

She weakly giggles.
Jennifer glanced to Ricardo, trying to catch his eye. Jennifer felt a kindred spirit in this other woman - who felt as young as she. What were Ricardo's thoughts, she wondered. "We can walk you somewhere you feel safer, Miss Nao. I think we should put on a mask of being more self assured than we are for the older residents. We need to make them think we are capable and not foot stools. How about we walk and look for somewhere you feel comfortable.'

The edges of Nao's mouth curl upward. "I'd like that."

Ricardo looked back at Jennifer. He noticed how she referenced things they had been talking about earlier. He agreed that Nao could be a useful addition to their new team. "I have a motel room that has been properly adapted for our kind. What about you Jennifer?" he asked.

"I have a small apartment." She said honestly. "I made some adaptions, but I'd like to hide my sleeping area better when I can afford the materials."

"I could help you put some of it together. That would save you the labor costs." Ricardo offered. He began to wonder, were would Nao sleep today?

"It's getting late and I don't know the area. Is it okay if I stay with you, Miss?"
I promise to find some way to pay you back!" She bows.

She looked to Ricardo and nodded. "I would appreciate that. I never learned the art of carpentry."The Nosferatu looked at the other woman for a long beat. "Of course you can stay with me, Miss. Nao. I find you a pleasant conversationalist. You have to promise to never tell another where we are or allow someone to follow you home."

Nao's eyes cast a red sheen for a split second, her Heightened Senses flaring up as she takes quick glances all around. In a hushed voice, "I promise to not tell anyone, and to not let anyone follow me."

She noticed the flare of the other woman's eyes and smiles, pleased that she was guarding the secret. The young Nosferatu brought out her Smartphone and brought up a map application. "I often spend about half an hour walking randomly around my home to ensure no ones following me. I don't have the benefit of your clever senses, so you can tell me when its safe to go home." She hesitated and looked to Ricardo. "Would you like to come discuss what we were discussing earlier? I... trust you would guard Miss Nao and my own location."

With a smile, Ricardo said "Of course I will guard you location. However, if you are going to be spending that much time walking around, I might have to ask to join you." He almost reveled that he used the bus for transportation. He watched Nao scan around. It will be nice to have a friend with the Sight. He says conversationally "I should really learn that some night."(13:48:39)

Nao makes a slight movement of her arm, as if she were going to raise it and ask how Jennifer noticed her Discipline, but backed-off at the last moment. [Nao's oblivious to her Auspex usage's cue]
"...!" Now Nao has a frightened look on her face.(13:49:33) MissMafia: Did I give it away?!

"Please join us. I feel safer with you in our company." At Nao's expression, Jennifer immediately turned outwards, glancing for attackers. "Are we O.K., Miss Nao?" She whispers.
Ah, ah, yes, we are. It's just- nevermind." She huddles next to the other girl. "I'm with you."

Ricardo looks concerned as well. "It's been a long night. We could all use some rest." Maybe that would help diffuse the situation.

Jennifer relaxes, ceasing her mental preparation to unleash the snarling visage that had street toughs run from her. "O.k." She smooths Miss Nao's arm. "If someone does come, just stay behind us." She glances to Ricardo before resuming her path towards home.

Nao bristles a little at Jennifer's touch, but lets it go. She maintains her eyes-half-closed visage as they walk together

Ricardo feel a little emasculated from walking away from a possible flight. He just smiles and keeps walking with them.

After a short pause, he says "We'll do our best to protect you." Speaking to Nao, but looking at Jen.

Jennifer shortens her normal mazelike path for her companions and they arrive at a moderate sized apartment complex. Jennifer unlocks the lobby doors with a key and holds the door open for her guests. She quickly closes the door and it locks behind them. She glances at the street for several moments and leads the pair up a series of stairs. "I chose the highest floor." She explains. "Because people don't like to exert themselves. " Upon reaching door 110, she unlocks the apartment and steps inside, leaving the door open for her guests.

Nao scans her surroundings once more before entering.

Ricardo closes the door behind him. He is obviously glad to be inside. "That's good thinking Jennifer."

The apartment was compact- a main room and a kitchen were visible. You spot a box of cereal on the kitchen counter. A round table with three chairs presided over the kitchen, taking up most of the space. You spot a laptop there, charging. The main room held a moderate sized t.v. and a couch. "My humble abode." She smiles. "I know its not much."

Nao eyes the box of cereal. What could she possibly be doing with that? Victor said our kind don't eat anymore...

"This is better than my haven." Ricardo confesses. He looks around for windows. "I assume you have at least one room safe from El Sol."

Spotting where Nao's eyes rested, Jennifer explains. "I stock the pantry so that people think I am...alive." Perhaps it was stupid, but it was how she lulled meals to their comfort zone. "There's a bedroom." She nods. "I placed aluminum over the window and the closet has suitable locks. I sleep there." She pauses, looking to Miss Nao. "There's a bed if you prefer it."

"That is a nice deception. I often have to make the effort to drink when at bars. Otherwise people think I am being creepy if I am talking to a woman who is drinking." He hoped they would get why and not ask him to explain.

"Thank you, I appreciate this." She absent-mindedly combs her hair with her finger. "Would you be as so kind to tell me how you obtained this Haven?"

Jennifer nods, agreeing with Ricardo. "I've had to do that before. I prefer not to, to avoid the.. after effects.. but I don't like my well getting too low." She gestures to the couch. "Would you like to sit? It'd be nice to talk freely."

"I need to get a more permanent one for myself and would like some pointers."

"I... my Sire rented it. He has a ghoul with a real I.D. and he rented it in his name. I'm young enough that I have an I.D., but I prefer people not know my name."

"What's a ghoul?" she asks innocently.

"It makes me wonder if our sort can do identify theft... I know its stealing, which is distasteful, but we must eke out a living." At Nao's question, she sinks into the middle of her couch. "My sire... bent a human to his will. He is bound in the blood."

"I got a room that illegals rent out. They never ask for I.D." He looks at Nao was she really that innocent? "They gain extended life and some of the power from out Damnation in exchange for eternal servitude."

Nao stays completely still for a bit, eyes wide, and she just stares at Jennifer after hearing that. "...a...thrall?" Nao's head starts to ache as flashbacks of Victor enthralling her father overflow her. She whimpers like a puppy, falls to her knees, then starts to cry more openly. A trickle of blood falls from her eyes.

Nao cries harder upon hearing 'eternal servitude.'

"Miss Nao?" Jennifer kneels beside the young woman. She tentatively reaches a hand to her shoulder, recalling the woman's aversion to touch earlier. "Are you all right?"

Nao is hysterical; she lapses into Mandarin while crying, but the words "Papa" can be made out.

Ricardo whispers to Jen "I think we broke her." Then he kneels down with them and put on a comforting face.

"Something to do with her Papa?" She wonders to Ricardo, wrapping her arm around Nao. "It's O.K. Cry." Privately, she was amazed. Most displays of emotion in her Sire's household were punished.

She swats Jennifer's hand away as it reaches for her. "Don't touch me! Don't come near me!" She gets up and stumbles to the door. "I-I don't want to be associated with an enslaver!"

"Miss. Nao, wait." Jennifer remains on her knees on the floor. Not a threat. "I don't enslave in the blood. I... I can't influence my Sire.

Ricardo gets up after her. "Calm down. It's alright." If she didn't listen to Jen, maybe she would listen to him.

Dried blood stains in a vague lightning bolt pattern decorate her pale cheeks. She just glares at them.

Jennifer remains on the floor, staring up at Nao with an expression of surprise and sorrow.

"I don't have any slaves, and never did. You can tell me what's wrong." He says in his most soothing voice.

"I...I...!" Nao's voice gets louder and more labored with each utterance. "I came to this city...to-" She wipes away a few more tears. "I escaped to this city so I could find more Demons who would help me in breaking the Blood Slavery. I thought I found them in you. You were so kind, until you so casually spoke of reducing humans to servants!" Sob.
"I-I-I can't even talk about it without crying! Where are your hearts?!"

The Nosferatu slowly eases to a standing position, not wanting to alarm Nao. She remains still, hoping that Ricardo could talk to the upset woman. She had little experience with sorrow and hysterics. "There... are ways to break Blood Slavery. Please, come and sit, Nao. We won't be doing any enslaving. I find it terribly inhuman."

Looking at Nao he sees the little girl he saved from his sire all those years ago. Maybe this time things would be different. Maybe he could really save Nao. Ricardo looked like he would cry himself. "I knew many men who willingly chose to serve rather than die. Many of them later regretted it. There are so many people I wish I could help, but can't."

Jennifer looked to Ricardo with surprise. Most of the vampires she'd met delighted in being brash and commanding, forcing others to be subservient. She had been impressed by how he'd spoken to and deferred to the women's desires, even when they wanted to leave the Club. Others may have been annoyed to guide newcomers somewhere they wished to leave, but he'd actually apologized to them. Astounding. She looked to Nao with sorrow. "My Sire... is a bad man. He is a vampire who did depraved acts. One of these depraved acts was to make a guard who can exist in the sunlight. I... I don't know how to do that but I have seen how terrible the servitude is. "

Nao stops her restless movements after what seemed like to her an eternity. She relaxes her shoulders but her eyes are now locked in a wide gaze that is centered on Jennifer. "Break? How?! Tell me!"

"I will, " Jennifer promises. "But come sit down. You can't do it tonight. We aren't strong enough." She includes the word we, hoping to tell Nao that she symphatized with her plight. She glanced to Ricardo, trying to gauge his reaction.

"I've seen the Bond snap twice." She speaks from her seat on the couch. "There was an unfortunate, brash vampire in San Diego who committed a crime. When he was sentenced to Final Death and the sentence was carried out, I heard talk that his ... slave..." She paused, not wanting to add to Nao's pain. She picked her words carefully. "- was released of the binding."

Jennifer sees Ricardo angrily clutching his hands. "If we can help you we will." He sighed. It would be harder than Jen let on.

Nao kneels down on the floor the way a monk would. She contemplates the information given to her.

Nao seems to be in a different world. Her eyes turn red and her hair seems to float about as if in a nexus of power. With a stolid face, she uses a fang to cut her wrist. Out of her coat pocket she produces the vial she had from Elysium. The cap pops off, and Nao drips some blood into it...

Jennifer leans forward from her position on the couch, watching Nao with an expression of intrigue. This was another mystery of the vampiric condition to her, something mystical and a little bit frightening. She glances to Ricardo, trying to read his expression. Does he know what this is?

Ricardo tenses and as an old habit activates Resilience. "Why you little hipócrita!" He shouts.

"Ricardo," Jennifer chastises, afraid that his harsh words and tone would affect Nao negatively. "Give her a chance to explain." Or come back to our plane of existence. She wonders, cocking her head as she watches Nao's unique display.

As Nao's eyes go white and her mind slips off into the distance she sees him. Her first love drifting in and out of focus. He sits on something like throne looking rather bold. As he sits upon the throne a man stands off and too the left. It is Nao's Father, he, like the Prince, fades in and out of focus. For one moment the Father exists as a living man, then he looks as a standing corpse. Back and forth the vision goes. All the while Nao's Sire smiles and laughs a fang filled smile.

"If she grows a whip from that wrist, God help me, it is her last night on earth," he sneers back. He stays standing, but takes a step away form Nao.
The vision fills the vial in her hands. Her eyes are still shut, yet she knew. Somehow she knew. Her eyes slowly open, the vision dissipating. She turns her head up now. ".....so it's come to this."

Nao looks at Jennifer, then Ricardo.

"She is now my house mate, and you will treat her choice of...trances... with respect." Jennifer snarls back. "You were magnificent tonight. Try not to ruin it by terrifying us now." Nao speaks and she cocks her head at the woman, uncomprehending. "No...blood whips? It hasn't come to blood whips?" She offers hopefully.

"He's going to die if I don't do anything." She looks at Jennifer, then Ricardo. "Final Death breaks the bond? So be it..." Stern now, twin trails of blood stain the sides of her cheek and meet at her chin, little droplets spilling on her white dress shirt. "I have to sentence my maker.""...my Prince."

Ricardo still looks angry, but also a little afraid. He waits to make sure that there are no blood whips, then asks "What the Hell was that?"

"I'd like to remind you...we can't do that right now." Jennifer says quietly. " I can barely snarl and scare away mortals. "

The trio muse over the possibilities...