Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

The sign on the door of the building says "Help needed for tech work." The building itself would be best described as Manically cheerful. Its windows are shiny and clean, with big block letters that seemed to proudly proclaim it as "Written in water." There looks to have been some new construction, as there is a shiny new bar filled with coffee supplies that would make any college students coffee dreams come true. Behind that is the book store, old books and new line the shelves up two stories and a large balcony. On one side of the shop though the carpets and hard wood floors meld away to white tile and tables set up. Some have computers, some done, and right now there are masses of wires everywhere.
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

PRE

Tech help, eh? Why not? Jack thinks. He's dressed in his usual street attire, today's shirt being a newer one displaying the logo of the latest game from his favorite game company. After some short consideration, Jack enters the newly renovated bookstore, noting the hazard of the computer area while looking around for anybody to speak to.

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.

So has he got mage sight up?

There is, seated on a stool behind the more book part of the counter a man of most likely middle aged, though with book store owners they always seemed to start that old so who knew. He has blond hair that is neatly trimmed but curly enough so that it look constantly in a state of mess, and a slightly pudgy frame. He looked up at you as you enter the store and clears his throat, looking you over much like a mother hen eying something come for her chicks. He sighs when he spots your shirt and pushes back his hair with well manicured hands. The actions was subtly fabulous an almost naturally fae action from the older man.

"The Computer lab is still close young sir. " he said, a slight accent coming out, it sounds like a British accent, fairly cultured. " I am sorry."
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.

PRE

Yes, Sybil's Sight.

"I can see that," Jack says. Turning a slightly smug grin, he continues with his Chicago-suburbian-style pace of speech while leaning lightly on the counter between them, "I think I can make it open up sooner. Your sign says you're lookin' for some technical help?"

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.

As you speak you spot sigils marking this place as a neutral zone behind him on the wall. They are well written, large and denote that no spells shall be cast on the premises. Below it, scratched in slightly less neat writing, is : ^Vulgar, which is then crossed out elegantly and replaced with "Any"

The blond haired man smiles widely, looking for all the world like someone told that they had won the lottery. He closes a book gentley and moves gracefully off the stool. He comes over to you.

"You know how to corral "rams"?" He laughs lightly at his own joke.
    Defense -5 Speed-10

PRE

Jack laughs along for the benefit of the man, "Yes, yes I can. Now, what kinds of hardware and software are you running or planning to run? Windows, Linux, Mac? Only web browsers, word processors, and any games that come built-in like Solitaire and Minesweeper, or do you want to also include a few of today's hit games?" he inquires.

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.

The man stares at him for a second then looks around for someone desperately then seems to be attempting to figure out what you just said.

"He will be wanting Windows, probably a few of the newer games. If you can find some working copies of old games to? " A voice, silky and soft. "I do like Star ship titanic. "
    Defense -5 Speed-10

PRE

Starship Titanic..? Is that some indie title, or something that fell through..? the Acanthus wonders, making a note to look it up just so he knows about it.

"Sounds good," Jack says. "Well, while I'm a man of my word, do you have a contract or something, or do you need to interview me first or what? And what all will you need me to do as your tech help?"

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.

"No no. I believe this is enough of an interview. I.. have a Feeling that we will work out just fine. As for a contract please come to the back room. I left it in there." He turns to lead you through the shop, back to the book part. You notice some of the books look nearly ancient. The shelves go up to the ceiling. Multiple ladders on movable wheels are place sporadically.
    There is a musty smell of old books but no mold as one would suspect.

"Well I will be honest I have no clue what happens with these machines. I mean Crowley always takes care of these things but he's even out of his depths. Your job will be to keep the system running well, up to date, and make sure the computers don't get sick with cookies and such. " The man waves his hand.
    Defense -5 Speed-10

PRE

Jack can't help but snerk at the cookie comment after following this man to the back. "Sorry," he apologizes. I guess it's somewhat better that he knows of cookies, but unfortunate that it's the wrong use... Also, neat trick with the cleanliness.

"Yeah, I should be able to handle that." And if not immediately, I can at least find the solution on the internet...
    he thinks after his verbal assessment. He then begins reading the contract (if presented it) for all the important stuff, hoping the Sybil picks up on anything 'hinky' even though he doesn't really suspect this person nor his business partner of trying to pull anything fast on him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread