Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

The Lay of the Land

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Alex Broman sat down in the staff lounge at his new job. At the moment it was surprisingly empty... the hospital was busy. Alex was only resting because he wasn't working yet. He had just arrived in Sacramento last night, and the first thing he had done today after leaving his motel room was to check in and start finding out about the hospital and it's staff. He had a few days before he was officially "on board," so he figured he could use the time to find a home.

And others like him.

Standing, he straightened his suit coat and tie before leaving the lounge. Smiling and greeting some of the other doctors and nursing staff, he made his way towards the main hospital entrance. Walking outside into the warm air was something he'd need to adjust to... it tended to be warmer here than at his last hospital. Instinctively sniffing the air, he took a left and decided to find something for lunch.

Alex took off walking down the street at a leisurely pace, taking in his surroundings -- the sights, the smells, the people.

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

As Alex continues down the street, a businessman dressed smartly in a dark grey suit catches his eye. Almost immediately, Alex is hit with that indefinable scent that accompanies any werewolf, even in Hishu. The man turns, and walks directly toward him.

Moon is crescent.

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"No, Mandy, we can't afford it," said Cory into his cell phone, trying to be patient with Mandy. "Yeah, I know you had a good week with tips, but what if next week sucks?"

As he walked and talked, he was distracted enough that he didn't immediately notice the scent of the two well dressed men he passed on the sidewalk. Intuitively, Cory gave them space, though, as his faded jeans and worn flannel shirt set him in a different social strata. At least, that's how he saw it. For being such a large man, he seems to slip through the crowd with ease, avoiding notice from most passersby. His scent is on the air, however, and any Uratha can catch it.

Alex stops, making eye contact with the sharp dressed gentleman heading towards him.

"Afternoon, my good man," he says as the man nears him. "Lovely day, isn't it? A might warm though."

Noticing another distinctive scent, he offers a greeting to the lad on the cellphone. "Afternoon," is all he says, but Alex nods his head in accompaniment of the verbal greeting.

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

~ Randall Richardson, Ithaeur Iron Master ~
    Wisdom 3, Cunning 4

The man extends his hand in an offer to shake it. "Afternoon to you, too. I'm Randall Richardson. I take it you're new in town? Are you settling in well?"

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

“Mandy, I have to go,”said Cory, suddenly aware of the scent of others. He stops on the sidewalk, hangs up the phone, and looks around. He sees the two men he had just passed, and approached.

“Is this a private meeting?”he asked, putting on a friendly smile.

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

Randall flashes a grin. "Not so private that you can't join in. We can adjourn to my office, if you want. The two of might find it easier to talk there."

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

“Lead the way,”said Cory. “Call me Cory.”Cory’s shoulders released some tension he didn’t realize he was carrying, and his body language subtly spoke of anticipation. “Since you have an office, I take it you are not new to the area? Are you both locals?”

Alex shakes the offered hand. Responding to the questions, "Alex Broman, MD. I just got here from further North. I arrived last night. Job transfer, as it were. I think I'm settling in well, but it's a might difficult to tell after less than 24 hours in city. It's very nice to meet the two of you, I have to say," Alex responds. "Yes, after you Mr. Richardson."

Turning to Cory, he casually inquires, "so, is it safe to assume you're not from here, either?"

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

Randall takes off at a brisk pace. "The office is just one of the perks of being a business owner." He chuckles slightly.

After a few minutes of walking, he enters an office building, but no one seems to take note of Cory's farm boy appearance. He leads Alex and Cory to an elevator, and after travelling up several floors, leads them into an office and shuts the door. He then sits down at a computer and starts fiddling with it.

"Now, is there anything I can do to help you get situated?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last