Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Open: Exploring the city

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

As Court concluded and the others drifted to their perspective Danses, the young Nosferatu stood on the street for a moment, letting her eyes wander along the city. Picking a direction at random, she started walking at a leisurely pace. She needed to navigate the city, to find where she could hide if anything happened to her apartment.

That used to be a game that her Sire would harass her with 'how would you survive without four walls, a roof, my ghouls...?"

She picked up the pace, waking briskly, Her head moves side to side, looking for empty buildings, areas of earth or homeless people. She had ideas for hiding in plain sight that she had never acted on under Joshua's thumb.

As she moved, she wondered if there were strict territories enforced in this city. Perhaps she should have asked someone instead of taking down the Whip's number alone. Now she started glancing for the best escape route if she encountered a grumpy native.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    E
    Ebon Reaper

As he waited for the bus, Ricardo saw a young woman in a green sweater and large scarf. He thought that he might of seen her entering Court as he was leaving. However, he was unsure, as he his Beast didn't even stir. Ricardo thought to himself "If she was Kindred, it might be good to get to know her. If not, I could use a snack." He waves at her and begins to approach. "Good evening madam, I can't help but think that I saw you at the same function a moment ago." Ricardo stressed the word 'function' just enough to imply something more serious, like court.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Oh!"

Jennifer drew in on herself, clutching her hands under her chin - and clasping them automatically to her scarf, drawing it closer around her neck. She stared at the stranger with eyes still wide from surprise. She regarded him for a moment, standing stark - still. No respiration or movement, as still as the corpse that she was.

As the surprise melted away and she processed his words, she lowered her hands to her side. Obviously he was a resident of Sacramento - and more polite than what her imagination had crafted in her short walk.
    "The same function," She agreed, stepping closer.

"It's my first night in town," She rasped. "-and I'm a little jumpy. I'm Jennifer Hazelton."

She extended a pale white hand to the man.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo took her hand and shook it normally, without squeezing. "I am Ricardo Rodriguez Reyes, mucho gusto. To be honest, it is only my third night in town. As for being jumpy, the Beast can put us all on edge." He knew that better than most. However, he felt more at ease because she was hiding her Beast.

He took note of her rasping voice, but would ask about her Clan rather than guess. It was too easy to offend someone by guessing wrong, especially if the guess was based at least partially on their weakness. He wouldn't like if someone asked "You seem crazy, are you a Ventrue?" "I am a Lord, may I ask about your family?"

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer's face relaxed somewhat, pulling her dead skin into a more relaxed smile. Knowing that he was also a newcomer did much to put her mind at ease.

"It's good to meet your acquaintance, Mr. Reyes."

She takes a minute to glance behind him - and then turned to glance behind herself. She listened for a beat for the shuffling feet of the homeless or the regular cadence of an approaching living citizen. When she was assured that they were alone, she replied quietly.
    " I agree that the Beast does its best to make us look like fools occasionally. I am Nosferatu; newly arrived from San Diego.

I have briefly met the one who guides the family at the Function we departed; yet he and yourself are my first introductions in the city." Her smile warms as her voice rises, becoming more comfortable with the subject.
    "Where do you hail from, Mr. Reyes?"
    "I expect not all are as polite as yourself.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo does his best to keep smiling as she calls him "Mr. Reyes." He really had to start introducing himself as "Ricardo Rodriguez if he wanted people to use his correct last name. "Please call me Ricardo." When she said Nosferatu, his smile shifted back to genuine. "It is good to meet a member of the other Conquistador Clan. You are the first of you family that I have had the pleasure of meeting here. In my home domain of Mexicali, Mexico our two Clans work closely together. Hopefully, that is true in this city as well.

To being called polite, he replies; "Thank you for your compliment. My lineage likes to pride themselves on being polite. However, I have met quite a few very polite individuals in my brief stay." He conspicuously did not reply to her saying that the Beast could make them look life fools, mostly because he did not want to think of himself that way.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

The young Nosferatu nodded her head.

"I'm very glad to hear that, Ricardo. You can call me Jennifer. I hope that our clans work well together." She shrugs her shoulders.
    "I've heard nothing about this city so far. No doubt the Herald shall tell me something tomorrow; but I hope to see whats going on with my own eyes." She hesitated before confiding.

"Its why I am out walking tonight. Every city has its odd hiccups and disturbances... I don't want to discover one when its coming after me in the dark."

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    E
    Ebon Reaper

"The Herald is a very pleasant person, but like all officials she is very busy. We can walk and talk if you like. I saw a map earlier and I was interested in touring the communal dinning locations. I could probably do a decent job of dealing with something coming at us." He was obviously talking about hunting grounds. He hoped that the offer of protection wouldn't sound patronizing.

He continued: "If you don't have permission, I would refrain from eating as well." Ricardo sighed in his mind. All of this double speak made his head spin. However, it was necessary not to spook the Kine.

E
    Ebon Reaper

"The Herald is a very pleasant person, but like all officials she is very busy. We can walk and talk if you like. I saw a map earlier and I was interested in touring the communal dinning locations. I could probably do a decent job of dealing with something coming at us." He was obviously talking about hunting grounds. He hoped that the offer of protection wouldn't sound patronizing.

He continued: "If you don't have permission, I would refrain from eating as well." Ricardo sighed in his mind. All of this double speak made his head spin. However, it was necessary not to spook the Kine.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I would appreciate your company." Jennifer smiled, genuinely pleased.
    "I haven't even found a map of communal areas." She said ruefully. "It'd be nice to get to know the communal area. I highly doubt I'll be invited to high functions with fancy snacks. I don't suppose you know if our Families have perspective favorite restaurants?"

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread