Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1108) Ricardo and Martha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha looked up to see the intimidating Ricardo make his way over. Studying him closely to gauge his intent and motives. She leaned harder on her cane and smiled. Nodding at his polite request and trying to make sense of the geography of his accent. "Of course, sir! Do follow me, please!" she beckons to Ricardo to follow with a cheery hand gesture as she hobbles back into the meeting chamber. Her leg dragging badly as she blinks and makes her way back into the chamber.

The chamber is small and laid out for meetings. A table. Lots of sensible chairs. A flip chart board in one corner. A fire extinguisher close at hand. Martha smiles and, with a happy gesture and sweep of her simple cane, points to the table, as if inviting Ricardo to sit. "I do hope you come in peace, sir! Or...do you prefer senor? Have you travelled far this evening, sir? Do you have anywhere to stay?" she asks, clearly trying to be polite and friendly.

At this distance Ricardo might detect from her a strong aroma of minty toothpaste and lavender. Her clothes are neat, her leg stays stiff from hip to ankle.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

E
    Ebon Reaper

Accepting the offer, Ricardo takes a seat. Hearing someone speak in Spanish, Ricardo instantly changed languages. He enjoyed talking in his native tongue again.

"Mucho gusto Senora. Soy de Mexicali, Mexico. Es muy lejano de aqui, pero, creyo que hayan personas aqui de mas lejanos."

Translation

Seeing her making a little effort to follow, Ricardo moved back to English. Well, he thought, it was worth a try. He continues in English. "I have found a very cheap motel. It will do for accommodations for now. For our kind, the small windows are even a bonus."

After a moment, he continues with a bit of a jolt. "Lo siento, I did not introduce myself. I am Ricardo Rodriguez Reyes, a Lord. Would you like to hear my ancestry?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha had tried to pick up Spanish. It seemed the right thing to do in this part of the United States. Trying to follow his words she was glad he broke into English and nodded happily to hear of his ancestry. "Thank you, Senor Reyes...I should like that very much!" eyes wide she watched him sit. Her words seem sincere and eager. Watching also his powerful body and hands. Attentive to what he is doing and where he looks. She joined him at the table, resting her cane at her side as she eased herself onto a seat.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo smiled. He quickly glanced a Martha's cane and leg to see if she had a weapon or was just injured.

"My sire was a Father Luis Ortega, Priest of the Sanctified; in turn his sire was Beatriz Quadros Roca, a mortal decedent Moctezuma himself; she was sired by Vinicio Peralta de Mosquera who was a Colonial." I hope she knows the meaning of that term.

"If I may be so bold, may I ask about your family?" Lords compared their families all the time. However, since he didn't feel his Beast stir, he guessed she was not a Lord.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha bashfully notes his glance to her leg: which does not seem to conceal any obvious weapon. Her limp might be a side effect of an injury of some type or congential defect. Her cane appears, at first glance, to be a standard issue cane. The sort purchased for a few dollars at any medical supplies retailer. She smiled and listened attentively to the recited lineage. Eyes widen. Impressed at the mention of Moctezuma. "My family?" she asks, happily perplexed at this sudden query and giggled happily, "You are bold for asking, senor! My lineage is not as impressive as sharing any blood with the famous Moctezuma! My family would be tedious to repeat. Though my lineage is littered with Royal Dukes and others of rank and office. Some were heroes, some were out and out rogues!" a happy laugh, "I am interested, though senor, very interested in your homeland! Do you know much of the religions and ceremonies of the ancient peoples of Meso-America, senor? I am also interested in your plans for staying in the Domain of the Alder Prince! Are you travelling through, senor, or wishing to make a more permanent home?" tiny Martha smiled happily, one hand stays on the table, the other goes under the table to rub hard at her crippled hip.

E
    Ebon Reaper

"I did not mean to offend and sincerely apologize. Every family tree has its bad apples, my lady." Both for being too bold and for looking at her leg. Since she did not mention her Clan, he would not ask about it. He would guess Mekhet or Nosferatu, given that she did not cause his Beast to surge. He wondered if the leg might be her deformity. From this point on, he would try to ovoid looking at her leg.

"I do intend to say in this domain for the long term, if that is acceptable to the Alder Prince. As for religions and ceremonies, I am quite familiar with the Mexica religion and many of it's practices. I am not so familiar with those from outside of the Aztec empire. Is there something in particular that you are interested in, Herald Villiers? I would be happy to share any information. In fact, a normal day of sacrifice is reproaching." Well, he would be willing to share anything but his forced participation in such sacrifices.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha raised her hands in friendly protest and reassurance. "Offended, senor? Not at all!" a happy smile. "I am not offended. I am facsinated by all aspects of the cultures of the Meso-American zone, senor! When time allows, you shall find me an attentive pupil to anything you wish to share! I shall relish it, in fact!" another happy and sincere smile, her words filled with enthusiasm. "Time is short tonight, however, senor. So, if I may, I daresay we should attend to the business at hand before talking of matters that might otherwise distract! While you were waiting outside, did you have an opportunity to study the Rules and Laws of the Domain?" another smile. Her hands return to their earlier postions and activity. Martha's eyes eagerly watching Ricardo now.

E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo let out a sigh of relief. "I agree we should look into the business at hand Herald Villiers. I have indde had a chance to review and ask questions about the Rules and Laws of the Domain. I would like to formally request Acknowledgment in the domain. " He let that sink in.

"It is a pity that time is so short tonight. Maybe we could meet to talk about culture and religion. When would you happen to be free?" He smiled. Maybe I could even get her to speak a bit more Spanish, he thought.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Smiling cheerfully Martha listened, nodded and fussed with her hat for a second. Thinking about the offer and the other things mentioned in the last few moments. "Goodness, senor! It would be a joy to hear you talk of such things! Truly! I hope, all things remaining equal, to be free later in the week. If you wish to return to this...one of the Elysia, I can usually be found here or on patrol elsewhere!" a smile. "Acknowledgement is founded on the principle of steadfast loyalty to the Praxis of the Alder Prince and to his appointed Officials. You may have seen some of the Officers of Court outside whilst you waited...the Reeve...the Harpy...the Deputies...There are Regents also, sir. If you wish to earn the right to Tenancy and Feeding in wider parts of the Domain beyond the communal Feeding zone, I urge you to seek out the Regants and come to some mutual arrangement and agreement with them regarding that. If that fails to satisfy, please do came back to me, senor! I would not hesitate to come to some mutual compact with you in that regard! Assuming, of course, you wish to cast your loyalty to the Alder Prince!" she smiles and gets out from a pocket of her black riding tunic a worn paper colour printout of a map of Sacramento. It is annotated with the zones of the Regents. Laying the map on the table so Ricardo can see it without any difficulty. There are no names, only colours showing maked out areas. Martha smiles as she shows Ricardo the map. "Here," she gently and carefully taps the map with a slim and delicate finger, "is the communal Feeding zone and the direct area of control of the Alder Prince...the others zones are under the direct control, in the absence of appointed Regents, of the Alder Prince. The Regents act as the direct representative of the Alder Prince. Now, I have no doubt you have many skills and qualities, senor. Your charm, cleverness and great physical power are immediately obvious to me. Aside form the noble Blood in you...I should wish to hear of your assessment of your greatest strength and corresponding weakness...if I may! The Domain is always looking to encourage prosperity and security for those within it. To ensure this, we all work closely and united in our efforts. I therefore place value in the understanding such questions can help provide, you see. I am taking nothing for granted and wish to understand you in more detail, senor...not just what I think I can guess." Martha leaned closer on her chair, as if to study Ricardo more closely. She wanted to get beyond the surface of the worldly and hardened facade. Fearsome he might be, but there were qualities that the Lords wanted: not just a capacity for violence. Another friendly smile is offered. Her hands return to the table and her leg. Leaving the map free. Her smile probably seems genuine. She had talked a while and was now only too happy to listen.

E
    Ebon Reaper

Martha has succeed in putting Ricardo at ease. "I am of course loyal to the office of the Alder Prince, and will obey any and all of his laws. As I have not yet even seen the Alder Prince, it would be a bit early to pledge to serve him directly." As soon as that came out of his mouth, Ricardo felt as though he had gone too far. He tried to continue as quickly as possible. "However, if his choice of regents and officials is any indication his is quite wise and fair." That was sincere, and the best he could honestly say about the Alder Prince."As you advised, I have spoken with an official and may be doing some work for him in the future. Depending on how that goes, I may or may not come back for some sort of arrangement. Although, I appreciate the consideration."

Ricardo leaned forward to look at the maps. Unlike the other ones, these were not labeled. Territory is another think that they keep close to the vest here, he thought."Thank you for your kind words. I would agree that I have been called strong, clever and charming before and do my best to keep those things going for me." His smile widens just a bit as he says charming."I have held positions where I lead small groups and I have had to rough up some unfortunate souls. Unfortunately, my Beast is quite strong. It yanks violently on my very soul." As so not to end with that, he continues. "Your powers of observation are quite good, my lady. I look forward to serving the domain."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread