Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Getting Involved (ATTN: Glen)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall took the bus to the church where Glen worked. He was still a bit confused and disconcerted about the strange events at Avalon, and didn't know what to do, or who to talk to about it. The pictures were unlike anything he'd ever seen, and there was a sinking feeling he was In Trouble.

Not exactly a Wintery activity, making trouble, but it had found him.

Stepping off the bus, he made his way in and began looking for the King of Winter.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

The chapel is, quite simply, beautiful. It's odd, really. It's not huge, it's not an architectural wonder, there aren't any fancy mosaics or anything. The hardwood flooring lacks the stains and scuffs that you might expect in a public building, and the pews are polished to a gleeming luster, all pointing to the fact that someone cares enough about the place to keep it in tip top condition.

It's quiet, and late afternoon light streams in through the western stained glass windows, painting the room in a riot of reds, blues, greens and yellows.

pfft, squeek, squeek, squeek. pfft, squeek, squeek, squeek. pfft, squeek, squeek, squeek.

The only noise in the building is the sound of one young man at the top of a ladder, cleaning the eastern facing windows with a bottle of Windex and a rag.

pfft, squeek, squeek, squeek.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall liked the church. If you were going to do something, do it well. There was a Russian saying his mother used to declare: Beauty knows no pain.

Sure, OK, she usually said it in reference to the ridiculous shoes she wore -- the ones that chafed and blistered her feet -- but... it was applicable, in it's own way.

Nightfall approached the ladder, reaching out to tap on a pew, and then rolled his eyes at himself for forgetting.

"Hey, Glen," he said.

He'd let him climb down the ladder before he told him he had fucked up.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

"It's nice to see you again Nightfall. How's business?"

He continues cleaning, and you notice a bottle of Pledge wood polish and a rag sitting on the seat of the pew. The pew seems somewhat less polished than all the others.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Hrrrrrrm," said Nightfall, picking up the rag and Pledge.

"As a way to meet pretty girls with dreams of Ballet Russe or Julliard, fantastic," he expounded, beginning to polish the pew. The Contracts of Hours would probably work better, but that seemed almost... sacrilegious. Not that he was particularly religious, other than his parents being Jewish, but it was a matter of deference to the purpose of the building.

"And, as a way to keep myself busy and fed, a pleasure," he added. Despite his angst at the end of the month with bills, they always seemed to get paid.

All things considered, there wasn't much else to say about the business, despite what he had thought his original response would be.

So he continued to wipe.

"You have any Liquid Gold?" he asked.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

"No, the Pledge was donated, and I'm afraid the budget isn't what it used to be." Glen leans squints at the window and wipes away a smudge only he seems able to see. He climbs down the ladder and starts folding it up. "So what did you come to see me for? Unless you just wanted to visit and help, in which case I apologize for assuming the worst."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Ah, yeah," Nightfall answered, attention drawn from the bottle of Pledge he was reading.

"Some guy at a club took a picture of me," he said, pulling the phone out of his pocket, battery disconnected. "It kind of freaked me out, and I grabbed it," he said apologetically.

"Anyway," he rushed on, glossing over his rash action, "It looks like he was taking pictures of other people, and they're... weird. So I'm still kind of freaked out."

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Glen puts the battery back in the phone and looks through the pictures. "I've never heard of anything like this honestly. Where was this at?"

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"This place called Avalon," Nightfall answered. "It's kind of a pick-up joint," he added, blushing slightly.

"It's downtown, dance floor, bar, that sort of thing," he continued to elaborate, since Glen didn't look like the sort to frequent that type of establishment, and blushing more as he realized he was making a bit of an asshole assumption.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"So, I'll leave this here," Nightfall said. He laid the camera down on the now glowing pew.

"I gotta jet, I renamed the Dojo to Glissade and there's a bunch of crap to do. Signs, phone book listings, all that stuff. Thanks Glen, later," he explained before leaving.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread