Martha is patrolling Court. Wearing her neatly buttoned up black riding tunic, a long robust looking black skirt...her shiny knee length black boots are mostly hidden by her skirt's ankle length; a pair of neat black gloves and a silk black top hat which trails a long black silken scarf tied to the hat. Her attire is essentially that of an Edwardian lady out riding for a Sunday hack across the South Downs. Her hair tied into a neat bun. An aroma of minty toothpaste and lavender soap lingers but she is otherwise bare of cosmetics or other adornments.

Her walking cane is held tight as she limps heavily along...pausing to offer a friendly smile to those nearby.

Seeing that Herald Villiers is free Eric takes the opportunity. Readjusting his tie as he walks, Eric makes sure his suit is properly buttoned and that his appearance is flawless. He takes deliberate but not rushed steps. As he approaches the Herald he makes eye contact and offers his hand as he begins his introduction, "Herald Villiers, my name is Eric Price. Might I have a word?"

Martha smiles as she sees Eric approach. She notes his neat and handsome appearance and offers a friendly, probably sincere, smile as he offers his hand in greeting. She limps steadily closer to accept the offered hand. "Good evening, Mr Price!" she chirps happily, her English accent very noticeable, "I do hope you are well! How can I help you, sir?"

Seeing that he finally can speak to the Herald Eric sighs. "I am new to Sacramento, Herald Villiers. This is my second night in the city and my first night at court. I am seeking acknowledgement. The Prince is not present and neither is my Priscus. Harpy Donovan was kind enough to refer me to you. I hope you would grant me temporary acknowledgement." Eric looks at her with bright eyes as he presents his request. His tone is hopeful and friendly.

"Your second evening in the Domain!" she exclaims, happily. "I see! Goodness, where did you travel from, might I ask, please, Mr Price?" another smile, she leans on her cane now, taking an interest in Eric's body language.

Relaxing but not slouching, Eric loosens up. "Los Angeles," he grins, "My sire moved to the East Coast and I came to Sacramento as part of my job."

Intrigued by this, she hobbles closer still, "Ah! What then, might I ask, please, is your employment, sir?" she seems very interested in this, watching Eric's eyes now. At this distance he might be able to pick up the aroma of tiny Martha's mintiness and lavender soap.

"I work in politics as a campaign adviser. Its my job to help get men elected to public office." Then with a chuckle, "You'd be surprised how comfortable politicians are going to a late night meeting." Eric is careful not to laugh too much at his own joke. "The pay is good and I can typically make my own hours, save deadlines and such."

Martha listens, truly fascinated, leaning harder on her cane, "Goodness me! How very exciting! That is a remarkable career, sir! You must be quite a remarkable man! Might I ask, please: what is your greatest achievement to date, do you feel?" she seems very sincere in her query and clearly has a lot of questions brewing behind her bright, wide eyes.

It was rare that someone took such an interest in his profession when they weren't seeking his services. Eric couldn't help but feel a tad flattered. "When I lived in LA I was allowed to work on a former professor's campaign to the city council. I made three separate television ads for him. It was a tough election, but he did manage to win. Working for a friend and on a winning campaign has been the highlight of my career."

Martha is clearly amazed at this and nods as Eric talks. Sincere and interested, she gestures to Eric with her free hand to take a walk over to one of the seating areas away from the main Court atrium. "This is quite splendid! You clearly worked hard at that! All the more rewarding for a positive outcome for you and your client too, sir!" she chirps, leading Eric...if he joins her...in a limping walk to more privacy. "How does one go about creating a television advertisement, sir?" she asks, clearly interested in the answer as she shares her watchfulness for Eric and where she is putting her feet.

Following next to the Herald, Eric continues explaining the finer points of his career. His tone becomes less formal and more casual as he speaks. "The key any ad is the psychology behind it. If you are doing an ad for a specific issue, you want to make the message positive. Exalt the benefits of a candidate's stances. Now you don't want to be to general with an ad like that. There needs to be a core demographic or a profile for who you target with the ad. Even if the ad proves ineffective on some it can cause a strong reaction in others. That strong reaction is worth more than a malaise response from a blanket advertisement. You cannot be to singularly minded though. Any advertisement should target the logical and emotional aspects of your target demographic..." Eric's voice trails, "I'm rambling," he says apologetically.

Martha nods and with her free hand invites Eric to sit at one of the sofa seats as he talks, she doesn't seem to find him rambling. "Please do sit, sir! This is most fascinating, sir! I have an awful lot of queries about this!" she begins to try to sit too, if Eric does so. Her leg stiff from hip to ankle, she is carefully trying to sit with modesty and making use of her cane to help her. A shy smile.

Eric positions himself comfortably and continues to speak. As he does his hands move, illustrating his points. "I worked for primarily liberal candidates, a habit acquired from my uncle. On the professor's campaign I did an immigration ad. There was the emotional aspect of immigrants coming and achieving the American Dream. Then to appeal to non-latino viewers I provided statistics about the contributions of immigrants. The fact that they generate millions of dollars of revenue in LA is a useful piece of information to use. Once you know what information you want to provide in the ad, it is simple enough to find some photos, music and video to play along with the information you wish to provide to prospective views. In my opinion designing the ad is the easiest part." As Eric speaks of the immigration ad, a hint of pride fills his voice.

Martha watches the hand gestures, listens carefully and nods often. She smiles cheerfully at the mention of the American Dream and sits, perched, on the seat. Cane at her side, hands folded neatly in her lap as she listens. "Goodness me! Well, I can see why you would find yourself in Sacramento, sir! This might sound elementary though, but...why, sir, do you not allow the candidate and politician to speak for themselves? Your advocacy is clearly valuable...vital, even! But, why are the candidates largely absent from what you describe?" she clearly means this as a genuine query, not a cynical taunt.

"It is by no means an elementary question," Eric says in a kind tone. "Most campaigns are so busy that a candidate cannot design ads, write speeches, attend fundraisers and mingle with voters. Within a campaign the candidate will meet with key advisers, outline what he wants and then tends to priorities. Councilman Douglass, always chose the topic of our ads and explained what he wanted to convey through them. It was my job to send that message in such a way that it increased the likelihood of him being elected." Then with more reserved, "There are of course candidates, whose elections are run by their advisers. Campaigns such as that are typically ill fated." Eric stresses the word typically so that the Herald takes note.

Tiny Martha nods and listens, attentive to the lesson. She rubs at her stiff knee a moment. Lost in thought as she absorbs Eric's words. "I see. I see. Well, it all seems very elaborate. I daresay you must be very clever and have great agility of mind to co-ordinate all these aspects, sir!" she offers the praise sincerely as she watches Eric and rubs at her knee again.

Eric smiles, "Thank you for the praise but I am a member of a team. I hardly coordinate the efforts." Then he gently points at Martha's knee. "Is you leg alright Herald Villiers?" His tone is curious but empathetic.

Martha liked the comment about the team, but she seems as if she has had a bit of a shock at his question, she looks to her leg, then Eric, then her leg again. "It...it...I shall not lie to you, sir. I confess it isn't, sir...it aches often and...well...suffice to say, it can be a dashed ugly inconvenience. I shan't let it defeat me though, sir!" she looks defiant for a moment, clenching her tiny hand into a fist and thumping her stiff knee briefly and firmly a moment to punctuate her defiance. His empathic tone seems to have won some comment from her. "I thank you for your concern though, sir...very kind of you to ask." she tries a happy smile as she looks to Eric carefully.

Meeting her smile with a small grin, Eric laughs. "I have no doubt, Herald Villiers, that a woman with your tenacity and vigor will have no problem besting something like leg pain." Then he composes himself. "Herald Villiers, I hate to be so direct. This has been a lovely conversation and I appreciate your interest in my career. However, I have been unable to feed these past two nights because of the move and I am terribly thirsty. Might we conclude our business? I would love to continue with our conversation another night." Eric's voice is genuine and has a twinge of regret for being so forward. He looks hopefully at the Herald, trying to appear friendly and not forceful.

Martha puts her hands to her mouth in a gesture to show she is shocked at something, taking her hands away in a friendly way, to allow herself to speak, she nods. "Goodness, sir! How dreadful! Here we are, talking of your work, and there are matters to attend to! Of course! Now, sir...are you familiar with the Rules of the Domain?" she asks, leaning close and rubbing at her knee again as she watches Eric with friendly eyes.

"Yes ma'am." Eric's smile returns at the Herald's warm response. "With regards to my feeding I won't be stalking any men or women in uniform."

Another happy smile. "Splendid! Are you familiar with the names of the Court, sir, and the ettiquete we expect to witness?" she asks, all bright and cheery. Her tone friendly, she has not shouted so far, she sets her hands in her lap again, clasping them tight together.

"I am familiar with the expected etiquette within Court Herald Villiers. When say names of the Court do you refer to the identities of the official?" Eric asks, "I do know the identities of a few members, though not all. I know of course of Alder Prince Clarke, your function as Herald and Keeper and of Harpy Donovan."

Martha smiles and nods. "Indeed..." releasing her hands from her lap she gestures to the Reeve and others, "You see the Reeve there, sir...his Deputies...Priscus Conner Greyson and Bishop Flores...the Alder Prince wishes to see bows and curtsies at Court when approaching the Courtiers...and wait to be addressed by the Alder Prince, he prefers to invite an encounter rather than have one thrust upon him!" she offers this last advice by leaning close to Eric, as if to confide the information carefully, with a nod. "Might I ask, please, your Covenant and Clan, sir?" a happy smile, her free hand now begins to rub at her stiff thigh.

Eric listens attentively and nods as Herald Villiers explains the finer points of court. When she asks his Clan and Covenant Eric responds just as friendly as before, "I am of Clan Daeva, though Unaligned."

Martha smiles, delighted at this news. "Ah! Ah! Well, Clan Daeva have a splendid Priscus, sir! Judex Priscus Twist! She is most elegant and delightful! I would advise you seek an audience with her at your earliest mutual convenience! She can be usually found at the Ballo Della Notte theatre, sir. I daresay you wish to be loyal to the Alder Prince?" she asks, clearly genuine in her question and seeking an honest reply. "We rely upon the teamwork you mentioned earlier, sir! To count on the loyalty of a gentleman of your obvious talents would be a fine thing indeed! You have a Haven secured for you stay too?"

Knowing that all the night's obstacles would soon be overcome Eric can't help but feel excited. Wanting to assure the Herald he answers her question earnestly, "I do wish to be loyal to the Alder Prince and look forward to meeting him in person at the next court. With regards to a haven, I have a small apartment a few miles from here." Eric thinks of the mountains of boxes and broken glass. Then returns to thoughts of business. "Thank you for letting me know where I can find my Priscus. That was information Harpy Donovan had not provided."

Martha listens and nods. "I see! Well, I hope your Haven is suitable! To dwell in certain areas of the Domain, sir, one must secure the right to do so from that zone's Regent. The Regent's hold the right of control of a municipal zone from the Alder Prince. They control the activity therein and award the right for Tenancy and Feeding as they see fit." to illustrate her point she shifts in her seat, it's an uncomfortable gesture as she adjusts her leg and posture to ensure she creates a little room between Eric and herself. From inside her tunic pocket she produces a neatly folded print out from a PDF. opening the print out between Eric and herself and spreading it neatly between them, she smiles to ensure he is watching as she begins to show the details of each Regents zones. They are pre-annotated on the map neatly and carefully, but not named...probably for security..."Here, you see, sir, is the Regency of Roxy Hart..." her slender finger traces the zone shown, "Here is the zone of Dr Erica Brady...she is most beautiful and most intelligent, sir! Here is the zone of Mr Nagaraj...a noble warrior. The others zones..." she traces those too with a finger, smiling to Eric, "are vacant of Regents, but they fall under the direct control of the Alder Prince, sir...and, I imagine, thereby extention, myself too!" a happy, friendly, smile. "Each Regent will make their own compact with you, should you elect to approach one of them for Tenancy and Feeding rights...by having Acknowledgement, sir, you are free to reside within the communal zone and Feed in these areas..." she outlines those as she talks. Smiling, she rubs at her thigh and falls quiet, allowing Eric to think about this and ask any questions.

Following along careful to watch where she points Eric finds the street of his apartment complex. "If I followed you correctly I live within the Alder Prince's domain," Eric says, "The Falls at Arden apartment complex is right here." He points at the location just North of the CSU. "Might I seek Tenancy and Feeding rights, Herald Villiers?"

Martha smiles and nods. "I see...well...the issuing of such rights is no light matter, sir. I see no reason why not though. I daresay we can count on your full co-operation to help with the teamwork for the overall benefit of the Domain, sir!" she seems to think highly of the teamwork notion Eric raised earlier. Smiling, she also seems very impressed again by Eric. A gentle nod. "If I can be certain of these things and conditions...and your compliance with the Praxis of the Alder Prince, I see no reason at all to deny you your request, Mr Price!" a happy smile and rub at her stiff knee. "You are hereby Acknowledged, Mr Price! I wish you well with your efforts in the Domain, sir! Do let me know if I can be of further assisstance, sir!"

At hearing her words, Eric grins even wider than he has all night. "You have no idea how happy I am to hear those words from you Herald Villiers. I promise not to let you or the Alder Prince down and will happily swear loyalty again in his presence. You have been most kind this evening." Then in a tone indicative of the end of a conversation he says,"Now Herald Villiers, if you would excuse me. I need to speak with Ms. Alice Brown, the Daeva Whip, so as to schedule a meeting with my Priscus. Then I will be off to feed. Thank you for offering you assistance and for the lovely conversation. I look forward to another." Eric offers Martha his hand once again and then with a friendly nod, "Good evening, Herald Villiers. Take care."

Martha accepts the offered hand, but seems genuinely sad that Eric has to go, but she nods in understanding, nodding again when she spies Alice not far away. She stays seated for a while, but struggles to her feet as their talk turns to parting. Making careful use of her cane to stand. "You are very welcome, Mr Price! I do very much look forward to our next meeting, sir, and hope it will be very soon! Good evening, sir!" she offers a happy smile, clearly pleased to have met Eric.