Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

There is a nod of both agreement and approval to Doctor and Deacon. Dillon meant to stress that there was a particular strength in their varied backgrounds and points of view, and that was to be embraced, not ignored. But to press the matter would be redundant. He didn't have the words for it right now. The two Haunts either understood, or hopefully soon would.

"I wonder what the good news is." The Gangrel wonders aloud as he watches the events unfold around them: Max quietly pursuing the envoys out of Elysium, Martha's emergence and announcement, the new faces flocking to her office, Daniella Sage among them... and his grin kicks back up. "I guess we'll know sooner or later."
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"I wouldn't be so quick to declare it good, Brother Connery," Sidor said wryly, his shrouded expression dark. Child vampires were abominations in general; whoever had been so cruel as to create one should have been executed. And the child's attempt at intimidating the Court had reminded him of a rabid puppy. Dangerous if one let it bite them, but not particularly difficult to avoid. "It may simply be news." His gaze flickered to the grin, and he internally sighed. On some level, he wondered if it would be particularly terrible to get Dillon sterilised.

He had never met a Kindred who behaved quite so hormonally. Certainly, they were all tempted by a great variety of things, but there was temptation, and then there was actively seeking out a situation where one was going to suffer that temptation. A devout man quickly learnt to keep himself out of the situations that his resolve could not handle. Unfortunately, the Deacon was quickly starting to suspect that Dillon simply couldn't handle being around anyone who happened to be female and in possession of most of their limbs.

I
    Irina

"I've never seen a child Kindred before. I can't say it sits very well." As though being an adult and Kindred had always sat well with her? This though, was just... "I'd be interested to know what was going through the Sire's mind when they Embraced the kid, if they were an adult, of course. Could be a kid who Embraced a kid, everlasting friend, that kind of deal."

She smiled in a self-depracating way. "I doubt I'll get a chance to sate my curiousity though. I'm not exactly in the upper echelons of Kindred society, around to hear the secrets and stories of newcomers."

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor glanced up as a newcomer entered Court, and seeing that everyone else was occupied with more serious pursuits than an introduction, inclined his head politely.

"Duty calls. Please excuse me, Dr. Powell, Brother Connery. Enjoy your conversation,"
    the Deacon said politely, and stepped away.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon gives the back of Sidor's head a confused 'Are you serious?' look and a shake of his own. The mention of 'Good news' was obviously sarcasm, in his mind, but perhaps the Deacon had left his sense of humor in Russia. The Gangrel wouldn't push it, though.

Turning back to the Doctor after a dismissive shrug, Dillon resumes the friendly humor. "As Kindred, we can't truly have children. Maybe it was some fool's perverse attempt at such." A beat. "Even Hollywood has ran that into the ground."

And if recent previews in the movie theaters were to be believed, that dead horse was in for some vigorous kicking.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

I
    Irina

Josephine chuckled softly, glancing at Dillon as Sidor left. "You need to learn to appreciate the Russian sense of humour...or just, y'know, his," she suggested. "Maybe you should spend more time around him," she sounded rather amused.

It was a better thing to contemplate than the pint-sized monstrosity. As she was coming to the understanding that she was Damned forever, it was cruel to submit what had been a kid to that.

Josephine peered around at the Court, and felt faint disappointment as people began to disperse. "Looks like the evening's over."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon nods, adding a bounce of an eyebrow and sideways tilt of his head at the end, saying Yeah, you're probably right without actually saying it. He would surely be spending a great deal of time with Sidor Grigoriev, whether they could learn to appreciate each others sense of humor or not. As small of a knot as the Sacramento Sanctified was, they'd all have to learn to work together and show some solidarity.

"I guess we'd better get going going, before dawn catches us." Of course, if it did, the Gangrel could literally hit the dirt. "Thank you for the good conversation, Doctor Powell. I look forward to more. If there's anything you need, or anything else you should like to talk about, let me know." Here, he produces a card from his jacket pocket and hands it to Josephine. It is decent enough cardstock to look professional, but the information on it hasn't been printed. Rather, it seems to have been scratched in with a calligraphy pen, a number on one side and a small drawing on the other. Three stylized dog's heads, one centered and the others at an angle to the side.

"Good Evening." Dillon adds a polite dip of the chin, waiting for the Haunt to excuse him before actually moving away.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

I
    Irina

Josephine took the card and deposited it in the back pocket of her pants. "Will do. I'll see you around," she responded with a smile. "I'd offer a card, but..." she indicated her empty hands. "Have a good evening - what's left of it, anyway."

The Haunt moved toward the front door, feeling relatively fulfilled after the conversations of the evening. It had been enlightening, a personal character building moment. As it turned out, if she expected the worst, she would sometimes wind up being pleasantly surprised.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.