Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Out and About (open)

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana waved to Martha and Ethan leaving.

Ariana turned back to Joseph and Josephine. “I am sure it was very traumatic for you. I was informed of what happened. It was a terrible thing.” She said in a rather serious tone for a moment before she segued a little. She then smiled softly as she briefly looked him over and her hand gestured up and down to him. “But it appears as if you are good as new. Your new way of thinking, was that because of your dreams?”

Her eyes in thought for a moment. “Not that I am begging to go through something as such, however, it is very curious. Are the dreams something people discuss at all?” She asked with gentle question, for it could be a delicate topic.

I
    Irina

"I imagine some people might," Josephine interjected gently, thinking of Anasztaz's propensity to get people to yak about it in meetings. She suppressed a shudder, but there was a brief flash of revulsion in her features, before the expression was pulled back. The apparent nonchalance resumed once more.

Maybe more people should check out the Lance's idea on coming to terms with that sort of thing. Makes a damn sight more sense than public humiliation, she grumbled internally.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph pauses for a moment before nodding in agreement with Josephine. "Some would yes, though I would guess that it would also depend on the dream itself." He shrugs and again enjoys the feeling of cloth on his shoulders. "Personally? No, they did not. I am fairly certain it was just how I had been pushed into the sleep. Though who knows." Joseph doesn't seem too concerned that he doesn't remember the dreams well, he is happy he doesn't from what he's read.

"My new outlook on life..heh.. is from what happened in general. I mean." He looks around quickly before stepping closer to the bench and drops to a squat. "None of these people around us could have possibly survived what I did, what we all can." Fingers drag across the ground for a moment at the end of which Joseph looks at them. "It was the final straw I guess, the ultimate reminder that we are not them anymore."

A
    Ariana Donovan

“You are right Mr. Hartman. They would not have and if so, many qualities of life would be gone.” Thinking back to her own experiences, she would not have survived if she was not already of the undead.

Ariana nodded to what Joseph said about the reminder. She too was learning that lately as well. “What will you be doing with this new outlook on, life?” Pausing at the word since they were in public. “Is there something that called to you while you were away?” She looked at Josephine. “Do you think we can still change after going through something profound?”

I
    Irina

"Of course we can," Josephine responded to the question, her voice firm and unwavering in the belief. "Anyone can change, if they're willing. And if they're not? They're lying to themselves. Events change people, whether they like it or consciously accept it or not."

She had changed; her current, vastly altering path showed that perhaps the clearest of all.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

"I have to agree." Joseph nods to Josephine in agreement. "Change is part of ..living." He smiles. "Even if people don't realize it." With one last pull at the ground Joseph rocks back on his feet and rises. "I plan on making up lost time." He looks at his hand for a moment before wiping it off with the other to his side.

"Honestly though, right now I need to apologize to our boss for missing work for so long. That sort of disappearing doesn't fit well with our families attitude towards things."
    He says it with a small grimace, not counting on anything working for him in this case.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Unfortunately some events do not change people in a good way.” Ariana nodded as she agreed with Josephine. “You are lucky to have that outlook Mr. Hartman.”

“I am fairly certain our boss will understand, considering the circumstances.” She said hoping that it was true. Although it would be interesting to see what happenes.

“I believe every family has their certain niche to follow. It is up to us if we fall prey to it or over come such attitudes.” She winked a little. “As Dr. Powell said, anyone can change.” And yet as she said that, there were some she was convinced would not change.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph shrugs a tad sadly. "I hope so. I am certainly willing to prove my worth if needed." He cracks his knuckles with a week smile. Joe looks around at the kine, feeling his beast pull towards them, knowing if he wanted he could go completely still and look dead.

After a long moment he looks back at Ariana. "Has anything big happened the last few months? Fox hunts and the like?"

I
    Irina

"A few things have happened, but I'll let Miss Donovan let you get up-to-date. She'll probably know more about the family nuances than I do," Josephine remarked as she rose to her feet. It seemed a polite thing to say, even if it appeared Mr. Hartman was more interested in hearing the Harpy speak anyway.

"I'll continue on my exploration of the city. Have a good evening,"
    the Doctor gave a restrained smile to the both of them. She walked away, taking the opposite path to the one Ethan and Martha had taken previously.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana nodded and waved as Josephine left. She turned to Joseph and spoke. “Unfortunately I do have a few things to do at work before it is too late. Perhaps we can chat at another time when we can speak more freely?” She asked kindly.

She rose and gave him a slight head nod. “Mr. Hartman, it has been a pleasure seeing you this evening. I do hope your new outlook brings you good fortune.” She smiled and adjusted her running shorts. “Have a good evening.”

Unless Joseph stops her, Ariana will depart.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.