Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Out and About (open)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    I
    Irina

Doctor Powell had grabbed a quick bite to eat not long after sundown, lying in wait for the first unwitting jogger to pass by, as she flicked through the pages of the book that she was reading. A little later on in the evening, now sated quite nicely she had decided to remain out and take a stroll.

It was the first time she had really had a chance to take a moment to herself and see Sacramento. Moving through the city for a couple of hours, the Kindred noted a few show times at the theatre before carrying on. Perhaps she would catch a show at some point in the coming weeks, but for the moment she wasn’t in the mind to be surrounded by people, watching theatrics.

After a little while, Josephine found herself in the park. It seemed quiet enough, with only a couple of people walking dogs in the distance. It actually felt rather nice to people watch without an ulterior motive.

She sat back on the bench, and pulled a medical journal out of her pocket. She might not be practising anymore, but it was still nice to keep herself updated on recent developments. One never knew when it may next come in useful.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana has some free time before she needed to be at the paper. Her reasons for running were far different than they were in the Apple. In her purple tank top and black running shorts, she hit the track in the park. She so enjoyed the taste of runners as their blood seemed just a little more intoxicating than the bar goers.

With her headphones on she ran to the beat of Rachid Taha's, Garab to start out. Ariana enjoyed finding the paces of some of the runners in hopes to find just the right one for the evening. When she began to circle the track near the benches, she sensed a slightly more powerful beast near by. Nearly stopping and turning the other direction, she could not help but wonder who it could be as she rounded the corner.

I
    Irina

Josephine half raised her head as she felt the other Beast, and she scanned the passing runners to try and identify who it might be. It wasn't difficult, as it turned out. She hadn't had any in-depth conversations with Ariana, but she recognised the Harpy from the cumulative five minutes they had spent in each other's presence during her first evening at Court.

She lowered the medical journal, setting down in her lap as she raised a hand in a half-wave. It was clearly meant as a non-verbal communication that the good doctor wasn't so in depth in her reading that a chat was out of the question, if the other Kindred was inclined to come over.

A
    Ariana Donovan

As she came upon the benches, Ariana recognized Josephine. Ariana was rather watchful of people as they gathered in the depths of the Avalon and had see her from time to time. She saw the slight single that Josephine was not entirely engaged in her reading, and slowed her running to a stop. She was keeping up with a rather faster gentleman whose blood would have tasted rather delectable. Ariana was sure she would see him again, or there would be more to choose from another time.

There were a few mortals that ran passed the bench where Josephine was seated. Ariana appeared as if she was slightly out of breath from the run.

With a welcoming smile Ariana greeted Josephine. “Good evening Miss Powell. What a pleasant surprise on a lovely evening.” Looking to the bench and asking. “Would you mind if I joined you?”

I
    Irina

"I think the book can wait," Josephine responded mildly, and closed the journal, folded it over and slipped it into the inner pocket of her coat. She eyed the joggers as they passed by, oblivious in their exercise. Would it be terribly greedy to have another bite?

Probably. Ah well.

"I'm not interrupting your evening, I presume?" the Haunt questioned as she relaxed back on the wooden bench.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana smiled and took a seat as she watched another runner whisk by. "Not at all Miss Powell, there is always time." She said nodding to the mortals as they ran by. The hospital smell seeped into her nose for a moment and she blinked it away for a moment until it was a little more tolerable. "What brings you out to the park this evening?"

Even though she was still her proper self, Ariana looked more at ease than she usually was at Elysia. "Were you reading anything of particular interest?" Asking casually, in case it was not up for discussion. "I am always looking for something new to read." If not for her, perhaps another would be interested, she thought.

I
    Irina

"Ahh...I was feeling relaxed after seeing some of the sights, and wanted to make the feeling last as long as possible," Josephine replied, and gestured around the park. "And this is pretty serene." She glanced at another jogger. "That and I was grabbing a bite. I was actually hoping getting a little fresh air and relaxation would help me meditate."

Josephine gave a rueful smile. "It's not as easy as it looks. I was failing miserably." She tapped the book. "And this usually helps me relax too. A medical journal," the doctor explained. "Not everyone's idea of light reading, but..." The Haunt shrugged.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“A yes, this is a place I frequent for a good dinner.” Ariana whispered with a wink. “It is not often I take time to relax. I should begin that habit. How was sight seeing? Was there anything particular you enjoyed?” Asking with great interest, considering that was a bit of her department at the Bee.

“A medical journal? Well, sometimes we all have different tastes on what is to be considered light reading. Some read combat training manuals, while I myself read journalist techniques and updates on what may be the latest trend in entertainment.” Laughing softly. “Much to the dismay of others, my nose is not always in an etiquette book.” Smiling with an accidental wink to Josephine. The Lordess decided to leave out her prior addiction to romance novels while in New York, she was far too busy to read those any longer.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha, between time at the library, Ember and Avalon, was out on patrol. Certain that investigating the limits and alleyways of the Domain was important, Martha had decided to spend several weeks studying the city's Parks.

Her attentions were soon held by the joggers and roller skaters. Keen to experiment, Martha had tried to jog after a lady with an iPod and ponytail who made full use of her roller blades. Soon outpaced and feeling the pressure of the effort upon her, Martha had slowed to a humbled limp. Dressed in her long black gymslip, the hemline modestly to midcalf hinted at some black socks, straw boater hat with sensible shoes and satchel...heavy with notes, maps and useful items. Her twin tails bobbed in steady sympathy with her limping steps. Sensing the presence of another Beast, she had become alert and slowed almost to a halt. Seeing the purple top red hair and legs and feeling curious, she gripped at her thigh and cautiously hobbled over to investigate - studying tree tops and bushes for possible ambush. Trying to use any trees to conceal much of her approach. This was no hide-and-go-seek, but a steady and upright approach. Caution was paramount and she had no wish to draw undue attention to herself by sneaking about like a US Navy SEAL!

Relaxing as she sees the two Kindred conversing, Martha smiled, adjusted her hat and ensured her twin tails were neat. Martha made her way over. Trying in vain to walk with care and elegance. Offering a friendly wave to Ariana and Josephine as she approaches.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

I
    Irina

"So far? I'm just enjoying a bit of tranquility," Josephine admitted. "I haven't had the opportunity to actually contemplate going to the theater or anything until now. I grabbed a few flyers though." Currently they were being used as bookmarks in the journal that she had mentioned; so even if there was utter drivel playing in Sacramento at the moment, it wouldn't being leafleted wasn't a total waste!

The good doctor made as if to speak further, but hesitated the moment she felt the approaching Beast. Her own growled, trying to bully its way out of the cage, but she restrained it. The new techniques she had learned in the last week or so were clearly working.

She flashed a quick, polite smile and nodded as Martha approached. It felt somewhat strange, meeting both the Harpy and the Herald in such informal circumstances, but perhaps it was for the better. Perhaps in the relaxation of the park, conversation would be more relaxed than it might otherwise be.

"Good evening."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.