Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Ariana saw Josephine look down the hallway and smiled at her. It had been a little while since they had spoken. Ariana had been watching the two out of towners proceed to have a discussion with Martha and she glanced at Conner for a moment.

Turning to John, Ariana politely spoke. “In the future, please be mindful of interrupting. I do not appreciate disrespect of that nature unless it is entirely urgent.” Folding her hands in front of her she continued in the same tone. “Now, may I help you with Mr. Mclean?”
    Ah fuck, John didn't mean to piss her off. He gives a deep bow.

"I'm so sorry Harpy Donovan, I meant no disrespect. This court has been a bit to interesting to say the least, I must have lost site of my manners. I just wanted to start by thanking you, for providing the job opportunity at the Bee. I just wanted to ask if there was anything more I could do, or anything I could do to repay your vote of confidence in me."

Johns words are grateful and sincere, he knew that is was probably nothing interesting to the Harpy, and would have here wondering why he interrupted her for something so trivial. This was definitely not he night.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

A
    Ariana Donovan

“The unexpected guests have put us all off a bit.” Ariana shook her head slightly, then turned her gaze to John. “Mr. Mclean the key is that as a good journalist, you have to be subtle at times. Out right speaking profanities at something you do not approve of is not the way to go about things. Sometimes journalists are approached by their interviewee. Bad news travels fast and you do not want to get noticed in the wrong way.” Ariana said in a polite tone.

The Lordess continued in a business voice while speaking to John. “Before I can trust you with any more tasks beyond what you currently do at the Bee, I need to know and see that you can be respectful towards others. Let us say that Mr. Elton was in in town for a concert. If they were to make a pass at you, would your words be as harsh?”

Gesturing her hand up slightly to make a point, Ariana continued in the same polite tone. “If you want to seriously work for me, you will need to begin earning my trust. You could start by apologizing to Mr. Rayner and anyone else you may have been unkind to this evening, please.” Ariana gestured to Lance and then looked back at John. “I will be watching you closely as I task you with the continuation of some information gathering. Is this clear to you Mr. Mclean?” Her tone did not raise above conversational level and remained refined as she spoke, in the charming way that Ariana does.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Why in Gods name does the Harpy have such an interest in how he acted around Lance. The guy is a Tool, in the worst sort of way. In a positive light maybe it was her intent to teach him something and to keep him out of a bad light, on the other hand maybe that little chat between her and Lance may hurt John's standing with the Harpy. Regardless he keeps his voice calm and respectful.

"Yes, I understand Harpy Donovan, I will speak to Lance. If I may be so bold as to ask, Perhaps you can show me at some point, how to approach issues like the one with Lance with more subtlety? I do wish to become a better Journalist, worthy to work with you."

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana smiled hearing that John understood. “I will let you know when you are worthy to work with me. You have a long way to go first. For now, just be patient and gather information as necessary. Please also take into consideration that I know many in the city and hear a great deal.” She said with a little bit of a wink.

Gesturing her head to the direction of Lance Rayner , she replied to his question. “The answer to approaching issues of that sort is as follows. Always remember that people have connections and that sometimes your words can have repercussions. Usually a response of ‘I am flattered, but not particularly interested’ works well. You must be careful of whom you may offend, you never know who their friends may be." Knowing first hand that some things said in Elysia could be heard anywhere.

"I will continue to observe and make a decision at a later date in regards to any sort of apprenticeship.” Ariana smiled at John, hoping he would make a valiant effort to learn more respectful ways.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John nods in understanding,

"I will take your words to heart, Harpy Donovan. Thank you for your time and advice, I must now ask for my leave, I still need to apologize to Lance."

John looks over in Lance's Direction and who he is talking to...Wait, who was he talking to? Could that be...Eric! Shit what is he doing here? Last time John saw him, he was still in LA.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Yes Mr. Mclean that would be very wise to do so now. Enjoy the rest of you evening.” Ariana said in a polite tone as he wandered away. She wondered why John made such a ruckus to interrupt two conversations to only leave the crescendo of the anticipation to plummet into oblivion. Hopefully he would take her advice into consideration.

Closed Thread