Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Gate Patrol (Open)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Fu
    Fu

PRE

The stone dog moves from his watching point. Having remained stationary for over a good hour he scares a couple that had chosen to laydown and watch the stars nearby. A muscular guy walking out of the shadows when you think your alone can do that. Taking a deep breath of their fear, sickly sweet, like a rotting pumpkin. Fu scratches off the gate's nickname as the taste of fear fades in his mind.

Giving the couple a toothy grin he turns and starts walking towards the next gate on his list. Stone fingers tapping lightly at his side as he hums a new song from work.

K
    Kazakin

Rook wasn't in the park for any particular reason. He just liked walking in the park sometimes; it let him clear his head a little, and the Metalflesh had found that lately, he needed it more often than not. It was almost disappointing, but he suspected it was partly that his playing had been pretty average lately. Since it mattered so much to him, it was probably bothering him more than it should have been. Pride could do that to a man. Even if that man was partly a chess piece.

Even if part of him insisted there was no place for pity on the chess board, only power and those too tactically dense to seize it.

He tucked his rigid hands into his suit pocket and walked, watching the cool breeze rustle through the trees beneath the bright stars. It was a bitch wearing sunglasses in the dark. He couldn't see a damn thing, and he felt pretty stupid besides, although the suit did at least add some credance to the image. Still, as long as he stuck to the path, he figured he'd be alright.

Perception failure

It wasn't the first time he'd been wrong, either. His steel kneecaps banged into the bench, and he swore more loudly than he'd meant to.

"Son of a bitch!"

Fu
    Fu

PRE

The curse causes Fu stop stop walking, a heart beat suddenly audible in his ears. Turning casually he looks towards the noise and sees Rook. Which is better than the hedge thing that had popped into his mind, om noming its way through the couple. Om nom? Right that picture that cute girl from work sent me. Something about cats and grass.

"Hey Rook" He calls to the sun glasses wearing at night man. While walking towards him with a grin. "You ever take those off?" Fu taps his temple where glasses would be if he wore them.

fear harvest roll

K
    Kazakin

Rook swore again, under his breath, limping just a little bit as he moved onto the path. He shook himself. The impact had been pretty damn hard. God, he was an idiot. He rubbed his temple, feeling a prickle of alert slide down his spine as someone approached, then relaxed when he heard the voice. Just Fu. Well, at least the whole Goddamn Summer Court wasn't here to witness him making a complete and total ass of himself in the middle of the night.

"Fu, evening," the Metalflesh Pianist replied, shaking his head with an expression of faint annoyance at the question. "I don't take them off, no. Trust me, I'm not doing this as a fashion statement. It's an absolute pain in the backside. I have an... eye... problem." The last two words came out stilted as his tongue twitched against the omission, making it obvious he was concealing something to anyone with half a braincell. "What're you doing out here at this time?"

Fu
    Fu

PRE

Fu looks at the sunglasses for a few moments then shrugs. "Eh alright, had to ask" He tucks the list into his back pocket. "I'm patrolling past each gate that I can remember. Been a while since I did and figured it was a good idea." He looks at the glasses again. "Sooo dark areas aren't your friends."

K
    Kazakin

Rook had the decency to look uncomfortable at the comment. Then again, his pride smarted at the idea of looking ridiculous, in public or otherwise. He'd much prefer not to ever look ridiculous, which was tragically impossible when you had to wear sunglasses at night.

"It's more a case of dark areas where someone might see me, if you get my drift," the Metalflesh struggled over the words, as his tongue tried desperately to tell the truth and his pride resisted every step of the way. His incomplete Mask was none of Fu's business, no matter what. "Need a hand?"

Fu
    Fu

PRE

Fu doesn't react to the uncomfortable look, though it doesn't look like he's ignoring it either. So there's a shrug. "Alright, ya sure I could use a hand. I don't know if anyone has checked out the gates while I was away. These things are scary." He nods towards the area of the gate, his last memories of the place causing his mantle to flare.

Idiots, shooting guns in public, we hide, we all do, we just handle it differently.

He rolls his shoulders as the mantle takes it up a notch. That had been a bad bad day.

K
    Kazakin

"Never met anyone who'd turn down back up when it comes to checking the gates yet," Rook said, his voice amicable as he glanced towards the gate. Because only a complete idiot would refuse back-up when it came to looking for Hedge Monsters that might at any time, start eating everyone in the city. His metal fists flexed comfortably as he prepared himself, just in case. "How bad is the Hedge in this city, anyway? Haven't really explored it. Too busy settling in."

m
    miniatureian

Night was a good time for a jog, no matter what people said. Like a moth to flame, Terra the Fairest-almost-darkling jogged nearly straight into the strong mantle. "There's a gate here? Good to know."

Fu
    Fu

PRE

Fu chuckles which turns into a low laugh. "Well I went in alone to hunt a guy down, the damn stuff caught me and made me one of its pets." He's laughing but its not a happy laugh. "They are also out there, last I heard. I don..." Fu is momentarily quieted by this new changeling, he..she? seemed rather hopped up. "Yes there is, though don't get too close."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread