Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
(1107) Eternal Summer

Page 8 of 13 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last
    K
    Kazakin

"Sure," Rook said, and nodded to Marcus as he offered to get drinks. "I could use one. Whatever's going, I'm easy." He glanced back to Rea, not really wanting to get into a debate about the politics of Summer. Or mention that he'd had a long talk with Spartan about the same thing. Or mention that they'd boxed, and he'd knocked the Summer Sovereign cold. His tongue twitched, and he sharply bit down on the tip, forcing himself to think of something else until the obvious facial tics went away. He focussed on the memory of Laura, laughing. Just the sound, the way her eyes lit up and she tossed her head back.

Once the twitching stopped, he just nodded to Rea.

"I think he's the right man for the job. That's all that's important right now."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri laughed out loud, hard, and had to wipe away tears. "Whatever you do, don't tell Nightfall. He likes a bit of tail-tigging too."

After calming herself, Terri pinched one of the blackbird feathers and ran her fingers along its edge, smiling as she did so, a comforting movement that reminded her of not only her pledge as Blackbird Bishop but also of Rick. "Have you ever heard of the Blackbird Bishopric?" Terri asked.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Gianna takes the lemonade, thanking Yui before taking a sip and placing it nearby. "What year is it?" Gianna replied with a grin, obviously joking. Obviously... "Well, let's just say my hair wasn't quite as stark as it is now." At the question of her title, she frowned ever-so-slightly. "Oh, didn't you hear? The Amtrack Commons was closed and moved here. I am no longer the Keeper of the Commons, my dear."

Juno's eyes seemed to brighten and grow wider at the movement of Terri's finger along the edge of the feather. For the Manticoress, the movement had served as an eyecatch for her feline nature. It was a feather and her eyes instinctively followed everything that was going on with it. Fascinating.

"Oh!....Oh. I do know it's one of the Entitlement orders, and the name makes me think of some manner of religious order. Beyond that, not much. I know more about what's aligned with my Court, such as the Sartrapy of Pearls."

Juno resisted the urge to continue staring at The Feather.

"You would be the first Blackbird I have ever met outside of a quick overview. If it's not like the Freemasons or anything, is it okay to ask what it is that Bishops do?"

PRE

"As you say," Rea agreed simply, a twinkle in the corner of her eyes. "A drink would be lovely, indeed it would. Ah, perhaps we could toast, yay? I recently found a job, and there is a new king! The only better time to toast would be either in the morning, or at night when there's only half of the silver scintillating moon and adornment. Perhaps one of you would like to add to the toast?"

"I, I noticed. I'm curious to hear that story too, your a tough granny." Yui draws closer. "Was it HAL?" The question would be asked toward the move of the commons. But as Yui again consider the former Keeper's frailty.
    "What did he do?"

"Well," Terri began, trying to find the words. It wasn't exactly like she had any induction or anything, it just seemed to feel right. "We like to help out others when we can, and work those that are even more lost than usual, if you excuse the pun. Me, I've always been a personal trainer and even though I've left the fitness world now, I still like to help others however I can, even if its with a shoulder to cry on or an ear to bend, you know? I suppose that's why I opened the store, so people could drop by and find me for a chat and a Coke. Joining the Blackbirds was a natural step really."

Gianna shrugged, her bony shoulders raising up and down in one sharp motion. "HAL? I don't know specifically but I can understand whomever's decision it was. Why have a Commons so far away from the rest of the freehold? The 4 Seasons is a perfect venue, really, with plenty of space. I mean, only an absolute idiot would place the freehold's safe haven in such a busy train station." Gianna seems to look away for a moment, almost as if she's looking through a wall. Adjusting her glasses, she turns her eyes back to Yui. "Do you play cards, my dear?"

Sam Barkley

PRE

"To the brave," comes a wheedling voice from about a foot below the others, "an' to the cowards, aye, fer death comes to both houses." A glug glug of alcohol sloshing in a metal flask is heard before anyone else raises their glass, or in some cases, obtained them. "'ullo again, toots," Barkley winks up at Rea. "Marcus," he says, "Sam must be in the drink now, fer he sees two of yeh." The little man laughs bitterly, drunkenly, and smiles at his friend. "How goes it? Who's yer friend?" he asks, nodding to Rook. His own Mantle overtakes that of the young Summer courier, and the Winter's again, muting the rush of heat and the chill of winter with a disinterested darkness.

K
    Kazakin

"I'm Rook," Rook introduced himself, offering Sam one rigid, rivetted hand. The steel, castle-like features rearranged into a slight frown as he saw his Mantle fading into darkness. That was faintly uncomfortable; he was used to the shimmering haze that followed him. The grey-haired, sunglasses and suit-wearing 50 something year old shrugged it off. "Nice to meet you, anyway."

Page 8 of 13 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last
Closed Thread