Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
(1107) Eternal Summer

Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last
    K
    Kazakin

"If it's not killed you yet, Sam, I'm pretty sure it'll be fine," Rook said amicably. "Besides, no one'd notice if I was cross-eyed or not. I'll start worrying when body parts drop off." He gestured to the sunglasses that hid the exposed metal of his eyes. He took the drink from Rea with a little, corner of the mouth, smile of appreciation.

"Thanks, Rea," he said, not particularly caring what it was. As long as it wasn't actually a shotglass full of jam, because... that made absolutely no sense. He was pretty sure the bartender wouldn't serve that though. Thank God. "Interests? Actually, I'm a musician, if you'd believe it."

PRE

"Yay, that seems to be true, Sam, the city is dangerous," Irea said sipping at her own drink. It's cranberry juice; perhaps the closest thing she could find to jam. "It's a bit ironic, since I fled here from a city full of many dangers. It seems that one cannot escape it, not one's like us, anyways, and thus I've decided to stay in Sacramento. It's as good a city as any, and the Freehold here seems strong enough to weather the storm. Thank you for the warning, though. So far Rook and I have been lending each other a hand," she stated simply, a light shrug following suite.

She frowned, and took another drink. "Interests? I'm not sure. I like to dance, but there's been many things going on as of late. The moon hasn't been right, either."

L

Rick doesn't really look to be in all that much better of a mood than Spartan as he left the throne room. Certainly not in as angry a mood as the Summer Sovereign; but withdrawn, contemplative, and troubled. Recent events are obviously weighing heavily on his mind. He still wasn't at all comfortable with the entire situation.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus places a hand on Sam's shoulder and raises his glass to Irea after she hands the drink to him.

"To friends... both new and old."

After Spartan strides out of the Throne Room with his furious Mantle then back in again to seat himself upon his new throne, Marcus casts a quick glance at Sam before cocking an eyebrow at Rook.

"I think that might be our cue."

Quaffing the rest of his drink, the metalflesh nods in thanks to Irea and hands her the empty glass before turning to join his newly-appointed king in the Throne Room.

Marcus exits the conversation

Marcus Evan

PRE

Following in the wake of his king's ferocious mantle, Marcus enters the Throne Room and gives Alice and Katrin respectful nods as he walks up to the throne. When he nods to Rick, he also gives the Autumn King an encouraging smile before halting in front of Spartan. With all of the gravity and respect due to the King of Summer and the Ascendant Sovereign of the freehold, Marcus bows to his brother-in-arms.

"Your Majesty. I am at your service."

Juno looked unsure for a moment.

Part of her wanted an answer....and the other half seemed to be equally determined to accept what she had done to herself; that there was a familiar comfort in misery and why attempt to break away from it really when all she was going to accomplish was to create another opening for more hurt?

Something was wrong when she could go through the motions of encouraging others to shape their Passions, but at the same time having placed such boundaries on herself walled off the ability to enjoy her own life. Even her Passion for her art was starting to feel the strain of the conflict. The blank paper and empty sketchbooks which she had set aside for the project that Alice had requested spoke volumes about her lack of focus.

"I....yes. I've reached the point where I can't work through this on my own. Maybe I am afraid of failure or...being alone...something, and all I've done is to create a trap I don't think I can get out of anymore. Stoicism and avoidance can't be a good answer."

Eternal Seasons will close on Tuesday so please wrap up any conversations before then. There will be a very short break in-between the next eternal season thread as I am currently in a very busy work period. A new one should be opened on Sunday.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

S
    Spartan

"Marcus, I appreciate your support." Spartan says as he gestures for the Constable to come closer, "Taking the throne this way was not how I wanted," Spartan's voice was calm and quiet so only Marcus can hear. "but now that I have it I will honor it and my court. Your assistance will be invaluable as we attempt to rebuild the image of our Court."

K
    Kazakin

Rook glanced up towards the Summer Sovereign and inclined his head to Sam and Rea. Marcus was right; that pretty much had been his cue to get his metallic ass on the metaphorical stage. He finished the drink that Rea had handed to him and passed the glass off as well.

"Friends, old and new," he echoed. "Please, excuse me." the Metalflesh stepped aside and followed Marcus.

K
    Kazakin

Rook headed into the Throne Room shortly after Marcus, his steel eyes scanning the area. He frowned a bit, as his gaze moved towards the Crown. The idea of an object ruling a Freehold didn't sit right with him. The idea of an object having a brain, period, didn't sit right with him. Made him think of distant, hazy forges, and those chittering metal things that had dragged the broken away from the chessboard to repair them. Made him think of how they'd taken away part of himself and sealed it inside his badge.

His rigid metal fingers gripped the slightly battered police shield inside his suit pocket as he stood a short distance away from the throne. He gave short, polite nods to the other three Sovereigns, feeling somewhat out of place, and a stiff half-bow to Spartan, but didn't approach close enough to hear anything.

Probably not the time to mention the Boxing Match,
    the Metalflesh thought, which instantly made his tongue twitch.

Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last
Closed Thread