Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max listens intently as the other Mekhet makes his report, giving one final nod as Conner finishes.* Good, good. Sounds like thing might have calmed down nicely around town...

Or all hell is about to break lose.
    *A small smile tugs up the corners of Max's mouth, but behind the mirth is a knowing wariness. He'd come to appreciate that, in Sacramento, silence wasn't so much golden as the sound of the enemy reloading.*

But, whatever comes next, we'll deal with it in turn. All quiet tonight?

C
    Conner Greyson

"Yes so far it has been a quiet night. Again more new arrivals but nothing we can't handle. The Danse continues." Conner explains to the Goofball Reeve "We do have word of a new designer drug hitting the streets but so far it does not look like a major issue. I will be keeping an eye on it."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Hmm, that could be trouble. If it trickles down from the well-to-do's; it could be a problem for everyone in the city. Any idea what it does to our kind if they indulge? *The slight smile disappears as Max thinks over the threat of a new drug on the street. A frenzied Kindred was dangerous enough, the 80's had taught him the extra level of danger cocaine added to the mix.*

C
    Conner Greyson

"Not as of yet, and without asking for a volunteer I don't forsee us finding out. I know that it gives a euphoric feeling to the Kine, among other things." Conner says with a nod to Max.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Hopefully everyone will be smart enough not to feed from any mortal that is acting strangely. *The tone of Max's voice made it clear he didn't think it would be long before they had their first "volunteer" for the effects of the drug. Hunger could make beggars out of creatures that should be choosers.*

If we're lucky, it'll be relegated to the upper classes; something more trendy than what is commonly available. If all you need is a fix, one drug is as good of the other, it's all a matter of cost for most people..
    . *The Reeve can only shake his head, he still did not understand the desire of humans to impair their abilities by indulging in drug use; nor the desire of some Kindred to feed on them while in that state. Max had always sought to increase his abilities, not diminish them.

Filing that little tidbit of information away for possible later use, Max nods to his fellow Mekhet.* Besides that, are there any other concerns you have, Deputy Greyson?

C
    Conner Greyson

"No other Concerns Reeve Heinz." Conner's head turns as he feels the beast enter, "Except them." Conner says looking to the two newcomers to court. The child and the Geisha.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max was about to speak when he senses the new arrival, turning from the conversation with the Deputy to face the entrance to Court. At first he is puzzled, he recognized the woman; assuming for a moment she had managed to catch the eye of one of Sacramento's less lively residents; but the snarl of the Beast assaulting his was far too powerful for her age. Then he spies the small form half hidden by the Ghoul; if he were still alive, a chill would have run down the Reeve's spine. Things had just become interesting.

Max hated interesting...

Turning back to Conner, Max tries to hide the revulsion he feels at the moment; doing his best to bring his usual self-assured smile back.* So I see. I suppose the gentlemanly thing to do would be to see if they need assistance. Care to join me?

C
    Conner Greyson

"I am at your service Reeve Heinz." Conner said and followed behind the Reeve, as a subordanate should.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*By the time Max has a chance to take a few strides towards the steps; a small crowd is on it's way to meet the petite vampire and her ... Pet? Cover story? Either way, the Reeve had no idea what the hell Flores thought he was doing, but at least nothing of value would be lost if it was all a trap. He turns back to Greyson, shaking his head a little.* Well, seems the welcome wagon is already on it's way over.

I'll go keep an eye on those two, on the off chance I'm needed. Go enjoy the rest of your night. But, keep an eye on everyone else; the last thing we need is someone losing their cool and making it upstairs... *With that, the Reeve moves closer; in just far enough to pick up the conversation between the unnerving female Kindred and the others.*

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner gives a small bow of his head, "Yes Sir." Conner said as he metaphysically smacks the predator within him to return to its cage.

Closed Thread