Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Midnight Mass

Page 3 of 17 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

Showing up late, as usual, Taylor McCoy comes walking into the Midnight Mass halfway though Father Black's sermon. Dressed in his/her typical androgynous suit, Taylor scans the room and finally rests his/her eyes on the back of Arnoud's head. Honestly, Taylor almost overlooked him at first sweep. Approaching his pew, and sitting down next to him, Taylor whispers so he doesn't interrupt the mass.

"Hey Arnoud. I didn't expect to see you here, how are you?"

J
    Jak

Alastair had intended to sit with Mariel, but as he rose to follow her to the back row, he noticed the woman who also occupied it. He actually felt the blood in his body move toward his back, away from the impossibly old-looking woman, willing him to flee for his life. He has never a more intense sense of power in his short Requiem than that emanating from the elder, and he has the feeling he is unlikely to in the future. The feeling lessens slightly as he sees Mariel touch her hand in greeting--clearly she is an associate, if not friend, of his sire--but he still wants nothing more than to run.

Predator's Taint Roll

Alastair begins concentrating on controlling himself, to avoid embarrassing himself and the sire he owes so much. He nearly loses his focus, but manages to sit down in the first row again.

He listens carefully to Father Black, eager to learn more about the Lancea et Sanctum. After the sermon, he turns back to the woman in the second row. He smiles slightly at the formality of her introduction and drawls smoothly, Well, my Lady, it certainly means something to me. I haven't exactly been doing this for long. It was a nice change from the rantings one is likely to hear back home from those Southern Baptist preachers.

His elaboration and use of the title she gave is without mockery. He stands halfway at Father Black's invitation to Communion, and attempts to catch Mariel's eye with a questioning look. However, she seems distracted with observing the old nun next to her.

He looks back at Lady Regina, still half-standing, and continues. Not that my Catholic family ever subjected me to a service with one of them, or any other Protestants. My ancestors might have been Frenchmen in the Southern states, but they weren't Huguenots. Would you care to join me? He makes a small gesture towards the altar, where Father Black is preparing Communion.

Kharn

Fenix smiles at Mother Superior, an action that is actually hard for him to do because of his underlying fear of her power. He nods to David and Mariel.

"All is death and darkness, and Hunger walks through them. Torments 1:6, It is good to see that you have made it well on your travels Mother, I hope you find this evening to your tastes." He says looking at Mother Superior.

"I am most eager to bring a start to this Inquisition, while I hope I find nothing amiss, it is my sacred duty to bring punishment." He looks pointedly at Sister Mariel, having been informed previously that she had been the one to call and report of the falterings of the Lance's faith here.

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

The degree of fear Arnoud was experiencing was only exceeded by his God-damned curiosity.

It had started out nicely enough.

He'd shown up, wearing his impression of bygone fashions to give the Invictus some confusing imagery, and instead of the throng he'd half-expected to find there was but a single Invictus here. And the little lady of quality he'd almost decided to maybe eventually not-dislike was wearing a completely un-Invictus-ly modest thing.
    He now looked more outdated than the rest of those present. Damn that woman!
    Had she foreseen and even anticipated Arnoud's little ploy? Gathered information on which Invictus were attending and, when she figured out no-one was showing, took the risk of dressing as she did just to make a fool of Arnoud? Or was she sending him a message? Regardless, Regina wasn't to be trifled with. Not before he did some more digging.

Although galling, this wasn't nearly as bad as the other attendants. Several new Kindred were going about, calling each other "Inquisitor this" and "Inquisitor that". They didn't look or feel that old or Spanish but that was little consolation when they started talking about a 'Mother Superior', orders and work.

The most infuriatingly disgusting and toe-curdling part though was that someone entered. And Arnoud could feel her Beast would turning. He thought 'her' because of the responses of the others present. They were flocking to what was soon confirmed to be the Mother Superior. Arnoud prayed she wasn't taking up
    prolonged or even permanent residence in Sacramento, things that old shouldn't leave their home city. She'd best go back.

So by the time Taylor walked up and publicly informed Arnoud
    in the middle of the sermon he -incidentally the Myrmodin- had already made up his mind about Arnoud and that Arnoud was now displaying behavior unbefitting his preconceptions- Focus! He'd whispered so it wasn't all that bad... Not really. Only potentially. Only- FOCUS!

Even considering everything, Arnoud was more than happy to have the
    theoretical and at best marginal back-up Taylor provided.

"Myrmidon." Arnoud respectfully
    whispered in turn, going so far as to briefly stand and take of his bowler head. Although Arnoud did this with as little ado as could have been appropiate he did make a point of the respectful greeting. If the Sanctified took note of this all the better. Sure, Taylor had been late but at least the Carthians had someone of seeming import here. No other visiting Covenant could make such a claim.

"Please have a seat." Arnoud
    whispered, indicating the chair nearest the aisle, right next to himself. If not for the calculating glint in his eyes, Arnoud could have been accused of seeming genuinely chummy.

After Father Black finishes Arnoud gives the man a truly appreciative nod even though he did not move to take communion. That would be a bit too much, even for Arnoud's standards. Instead he finally answers Taylor, though he doesn't expect the other to even remember the non-question he answers truthfully."Dead. Curious."

"Religious, personal and/or political reasons to be here?" Arnoud asks in a breathless whisper that shouldn't carry beyond the two of them.

Mariel rises to take communion. As she passes Madame Sabri, she smiles a friendly invitation, but would not be surprised if the woman does not take her up on it.

She makes eye contact with Arnoud on the way, and nods briefly to the one with him.

Mariel goes to the front of the church, and gestures towards Alastair to join her, also smiling a welcome at Lady Regina Pia. She kneels at the rail, bows her head, and prays silently and fervently that something good will come of this less-than-stellar new beginning for the Lancea et Sanctum in Sacramento.

Narration:

The Mother Superior nods in acknowledgement of Mariel's greeting, and nods and greets Inquisitor Fenix and Inquisitor Smith by name in response to their greeting her, but otherwise she sits as still as a statue through Father Black's sermon. She says nothing, her expression impossible to read. After Mariel gets up to receive communion, she looks to both Inquisitors, stands up and goes forward to receive communion.

J
    Jak

Alastair sees Mariel beckoning, and turns from Regina with a smile. Excuse me, my Lady. He steps up to the altar and kneels next to Mariel. He closes his eyes and takes the opportunity to wonder what Communion at a church for the Damned undead would be like. He takes a quick look over at Mariel, who appears to be lost in concentration. He mentally chuckles again at her overly sexy outfit.

Then again... he thinks with a smile, standard church attire doesn't seem necessary among the Kindred. Just ask Mr. Joker-Poser.

Kharn

Inquisitor Fenix also rises, walking slowly and methodically, taking in all who are here. He kneels down beside Mariel, also saying a soft prayer.

"May the Dark Prophet watch over us all, and God, in his infinite wisdom, guide us. I will be as a Spear in His hand, the Mail about His fist, my Faith shall be my Shield and I will garb myself in Armor of Hatred for my enemies. This I swear, Lord." He can be heard to whisper softly.

He then rises allowing Mariel to drink first, before taking the chalice in his hands and drinking, letting the red, wine colored blood be consumed.

-- Inquisitor David Smith --

Inquisitor Smith is quick to follow behind Inquisitor Fenix and the Mother Superior. As he walks to the front he also stares at each and every kindred in attendance. Upon reaching the front of the church for communion, he stares long and hard at Father Black. The look goes on for several long seconds before he takes his turn at the front of the line for communion.

Before receiving his communion blood from Inquisitor Fenix ahead of him, David mutters under his breath. "I walk through the streets of the city like a beggar and a thief, shaking with hunger. -- Torments 2:3 "The blood from the chalice of the Dark Prophet was the most important part of mass to David, he relished the taste before standing back up to take his seat.

As he walked back, he looked over his shoulder one last time at Father Black before looking forward again.

-- Taylor McCoy --

This was mass and Myrmodin McCoy respected that, he/she assumed that's why the man didn't reply at first. All together, Taylor was impressed with Father Black's sermon. The Testamant was always an oddity to him/her, and hearing it was just as great; every single mass he/she had been to over the years always left Taylor with a different impression.

When the sermon ended and communion began, Taylor stood to get in line before answering Arnoud's question. He/she didn't quite understand why Arnoud was still whispering, at least now they could talk louder.
    "Very interesting." Taylor says simply, but before continuing he lowers his/her voice slightly. "I'm here to show my respect to the Second Estate, as Myrmodin it is prudent to make myself known and show my support for other Covenants' activities. I'm happy to see you came, they'll be sure to note the Carthian attendance."

Mariel drinks from the cup, and rises to take her leave. She sits next to Sabri Nidra and whispers in a friendly tone: It was good of you to come, Madame Nidra.

Page 3 of 17 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread