Ended
Watch
161 - 164
DISPLAYED
Midnight Mass

Page 17 of 17 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
    J
    Jak

Alastair waits patiently as Staley and Mariel discuss their own affairs, and acknowledges Mariel's invitation to the meeting with a nod. The people she's meeting with sound like upper brass. Won't they mind the presence of a neonate not even an official member of the church? In Mariel he trusted.

He says his goodbye to Staley first.Goodbye, Mr. Staley. I'm very glad to have met you.

I probably will call him, when I get a chance. He seems a good man. I wonder what the lessons he spoke of are.

He turns back to Mariel, a bit surprised at the way she talked about the priest. Why should I need debriefing after talking to Father Black?

Because he's mistaken on several key points of doctrine, said Mariel answered Alastair quietly. And he's not the one charged with your care, so I want to make sure you get the information correctly and at the appropriate time.

J
    Jak

I understand. He hopes Father Black had not been "mistaken" on too many points, because the sermon and the conversation had really struck a chord with him. From her tone, Alastair assumes that this is not the appropriate time she spoke of, so he waits to follow Mariel's lead.

Mariel says I need to find something conservative to wear. Come help me pick!

She leads Alastair back to her bedroom, still holding his hand.

Page 17 of 17 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
Closed Thread