Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Midnight Mass

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Mariel and Alastair have been hard at work getting the church ready, both for the out of town visitors expected, and for the local Kindred population. This will be Father Black's first Mass as Bishop of Sacramento.

Mariel is getting nervous. Mother Superior is a force to be reckoned with, and Mariel is unsure whether she'll be in deep shit over her inability to get advance feeding rights for the expected visitors.

And I hate hate HATE this outfit! Mariel is wearing the long black rectangular head scarf of the novitiate, which covers up her silky red hair. One of my better features, she pouts.

[OOC- pic of Mariel to folllow]

F
    FreshCK

Bishop Black eagerly awaits the first Kindred who will attend tonight's mass. It wouldn't be his first time ever performing a mass, but his first in this domain and his first as Bishop. He feels somewhat strange in the back and violet vestments of Bishop, and certainly looks it to anybody used to his usual style. By God, you're the boss now, got to dress the part.

He's more than pleased with the job Mariel did cleaning up the place and it looks like she had some help getting things ready. He hopefully prepares himself to welcome some new blood.

[OOC: Mariel's outfit: Imagine with red instead of white. Photoshop is being uncooperative].

J
    Jak

Alastair has been working hard to help Mariel prepare for Mass: cleaning, dusting, and cleaning for his part. This is the first time he will witness a gathering of the Kindred he so recently joined. While he has not fully studied the Testament of Longinus, and is far from being a full member of the Lancea et Sanctum, he is learning each day and is curious to see what a religious service for the cursed undead will be like.

Alastair is wearing one of his better formal suits, tailored to his slim frame. A black shirt with charcoal pinstripes under a black jacket, dark dress pants, and black leather venetian-style shoes. His shoulder-length waves of golden-orange hair have been combed, but still look a bit unruly.

He notices that the normally carefree Mariel is acting somewhat distracted. He unleashes his smooth voice with its aristocratic coastal Southern accent: Is everything all right, Miss Mariel? It looks to me like we've done a fine job getting the place ready.

J
    Jak

((OOC: Sorry, I forgot these. I wish I could find one picture of the whole outfit, but you'll have to mentally assemble it yourself.))

Alastair's jacket, shirt, and shoes.

Kharn

Inquisitor Fenix arrives, and obfuscated suit of riot armor worn over his clothing, though this is completely unseen as the bodyarmor is Obfuscated, he arrives, standing at the doors of the church. He makes his way inside and takes a seat in the back, sitting with his hands crossed over his chest. His face shows no emotion, and he stands perfectly still, face and body unflinching, as he waits to see who all arrives and if any are hypocrits simply paying lip service.

He looks longingly at the the woman dressed in the sexy nun outfit, but only for a moment before realising that she must be this Mariel. He also sees the man dressed uncomfortably as a Bishop. Another he had been sent here to investigate.

He watches the both of them as they finish the preparations. He unconsciously checks his waist to feel the stake, and lower back to feel the large combat knife hidden by his vest. He hoped he had no reasons to punish any of the faithful here, or exact His Final Grace on them. It was a task he did not relish, but understood that it was often times a neccessity.

May the Dark Prophet look with favor on us... He thought, mentally shaking away the dark thoughts on his mind.

Kharn

Inquisitor Fenix, and what he wears tonight.

Regina Pia

PRE

Regina arrives in her church dress, demure, a slightly faded light blue, with matching gloves and handbag. She enters the church and sits in the second row, then looks around. A few she hadn't met yet, and Mariel and Bishop Black by the look of the robe.

Always late, every single place in the world, always a minute behind. But not here, oh no, never, not to Midnight Mass. Tonight was such a special occasion; not only was there a service to attend, but this was a whole new city. A city which needed guidance. A city which needed work. A city which needed the help of the Inquisitors.

Sacramento was where the work of the Dark Prophet Longinus had sent him. So here he was, Inquisitor David Smith of the Lancea et Sanctum. The inspection and reconstruction of the local Sanctum would come soon enough -- but this, Midnight Mass, was a holy time for all Damned to congregate to hear the Dark Prophet's word.

Stepping in the door, he spoke loudly enough for all inside to hear. "And then he said to the Monachus: “Teach your offspring to listen to my
    word, and tell them to teach their own offspring the same. -- Sanguinaria 1:9"
    It was clear this boy was used to public speaking, and even eager about it.

A quick scan of the church quickly revealed Inquisitor Fenix, someone who David had heard of and always wanted to meet. He had been told Fenix would be here along with the Mother Superior. This will be a glorious inquistion indeed... Approaching him, and giving a both confident and sly smile that only a 17 year old teenager could conjure up, he sat down. "Inquisitor Fenix, it's good to see you here for mass. And, let me just say, I love the outfit. Very nice. I tried to be as formal as I could." He laughs, a bit loudly, as he fiddles with his black tie for a moment.

What David is wearing, and what he looks like.

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

A few moments after David speaks to those gathered, enough to distance himself not just physically from that particular entrance, Arnoud wanders in making a slow and soft (muffled) tapping sound as he does so.

Arnoud's wearing remarkably fine black clothes with an unremarkable white shirt and black tie underneath. Arnoud is wearing shoes similar if not identical to the ones Alastair is wearing though Arn's shoes are more weathered and have obviously seen use before tonight. He walks with a cane in his hand -which produces the soft tapping- and tops it all off with a black bowler hat.

He takes careful note of the church and it's decor and atmosphere before giving an appreciative nod and seating himself on the second row, one seat removed from the aisle. He mentally takes out a notepad and pen and starts scribbling, his eyes slowly wandering over the scenery and resting almost only peripherally on the actors of interest. To outsiders it could look like Arnoud was waiting for the Mass to begin and was twiddling his thumbs in the interim.

Arnoud's look

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread