Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
Slaying Saint George

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

"Back where I used to live there were all kinds of crazy stories, you're all sorcerers, you're all Diablerists, etcetera. I haven't seen any evidence for any of those. Am says you are after transcendence, that you want to take a knife to what makes us vampires and cut out the weaknesses, the bad and leave the good. She wouldn't say much more than that and she wouldn't provide anything to back it up. Herald Villiers didn't want to talk about what you do in public but she said I should speak with you about it. I haven't seen any evidence one way or another that the Ordo has cracked it though. The only thing I can tell you about the Ordo Dracul that's a fact is that you keep secrets." Lance returns the look as he speaks, arms loosely folded in front of him to keep them from swinging as he stands.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

Amelita stood like a mother hen next to Lance, mirroring his folded arms and shooting Anasztaz a look suggesting that jerking Lance around too much would make her very displeased.
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

S
    Steven

"Well Lance," Anasztaz says, "You will need a mentor who will accept you. Once that mentor decides you are ready you can become a full member of our order."

Anasztaz looks to Amelita and then back to Lance, "Amelita will not be allowed to mentor you. You must seek out Reeve Heinz or Sworn Hartman, Either of them would be a good candidate to mentor you."

"Hartman? Please..." Amelita muttered, stepping to Anasztaz's side. "Here's what I think, Annie," Amelita began, eyerolling at Anasztaz's suggestions. "I think that *you* should mentor Lance. Until *I* can mentor him. Yeah, I think that'd be in everybody's best interests."

S
    Steven

"Slave Cardoso, some respect please." Anasztaz says with a look to Amelita, tired of her undermining him. "But I think you may have a point there. I will think about taking Mister Rayner on as my student and let you know. Is that sufficiant?"

"Do you know how pathetic you are?" Amelita asked her Covenant leader. She took Lance's hand, needing support and knowing it'd fuck with Anasztaz. "You pleaded with me to return, to help you stay away from the bad old days. Now you know that's not happening and all you can do is wring out every last drop of authority out of all this ugliness."

She glared at Anasztaz.

"Call me that again and I'll tell the whole world about bathtime. It's not like that's all I've got."

S
    Steven

"If you want my assistance with the Dragons you will cooperate with me and show me the proper respect. Our... personal issues are not related to this Miss Cardoso." Anastaz’s lips twitched to a smirk for a moment. Realizing there was dirt to ash him, he replied. "Very well. I will mentor Mister Rayner until you’re ready and when I deem you ready."

"But First. Mister Rayner, will you leave us alone for a moment. I need to speak with Miss Cardoso."

When Anasztaz says he'll think about mentoring him, Lance opens his mouth to say something, but Am speaks right over him. His half-open mouth threatened to fully open into one of shock but he wipes the face into a cool mask before he can embarrass himself. After the back and forth between the pair he nods at Anasztaz. "Of course sir." He places a hand on Am's shoulder. "I'll wait outside for you, but please calm down Am."

Then he leaves the chapterhouse and crosses the road to lean against the wall, content to wait with the stillness of the dead in the shadow of a doorway while he waits for Am.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

S
    Steven

The door closes and that is the last that Lance hears from Amelita that night. If Lance Chooses to wait he can wait only so long because of the pressing Dawn.

Anasztaz called Lance later that evening and tells him that, if he still wants to join the Club, come back tomorrow night and they will begin.

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread