Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1108) Hot for Harpy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Looking up from her computer, seeing a dashing man in her doorway Ariana got up from her desk. "Good evening, may I help you?" She eyed the man’s shirt for a moment. “That is a very interesting shirt for…co,” Her eyes widened for a moment at her realization. “Ah, you must be Mr. Rayner.” She laughed.

“Very clever.” She smiled. “Please come in.” Ariana said gesturing into her office. “Interesting choice of roses.” She winked.
    John made his way into court. He was better prepared for court this time, he wore a much nicer suit than last time, he also added a rose in the lapel to show his clan affiliation.

the first thing John thought of when he arrived was to go see the Harpy it had been a little while sense they had touched base.

he made his way toward her office and knocked on the door frame. It was then he saw Lance there.

he speaks cheerfully,

"Good evening Harpy Donovan, may I come in? Oh Hi Lance how does the evening find you?"
    Lance smiles at the greeting of the harpy. "And you must be the Harpy Donovan, with whom I have never danced with before. Am's description didn't do you justice." When John follows him into the office, Lance flashes his teeth in a bright smile and takes him up in a very manly bear hug, unless he tries to step away from the contact. "John, it's been so long! I hope the nights are treating you as well as they are me."

At the Harpy's comment on roses, he brushes some imaginary dust from it. "Thank you. I wanted to stand out. I'm also something of a jeans and a tee-shirt guy if there isn't a theme I need to dress up for, it makes me more approachable. I've still got a few decades before the compound interest builds up to where I can really afford all the clothes I could want anyway." He looks around the office, interested in seeing what kinds of things she keeps where she works. How one keeps a workspace can tell you a lot about them. "If you had the time, I would like to talk with you about some official business that a masked but beautiful stranger said I should share with the Harpy." And maybe a dance later.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Laughing softly at Lance's dancing comment, "Indeed I am the Harpy and you sir are a charmer." Ariana continued to smile.

"Mr. Mclean, unfortunately Mr. Rayner arrived at my office before you. It seems he has some business to discuss." She said addressing John politely. "I shall meet up with you when we are finished, please." She smiled softly and gestured to Sidor. "I do believe Mr. Grigoriev is free at the moment." Ariana looked to Sidor from the door frame and smiled.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John hugs Lance back, he was reminded of all his old college buddies.

"They have been well thanks, we should catch up later tonight." John says to Lance

John then turns to the Harpy, "I'm sorry Harpy Donovan I didn't mean to intrude, we will catch up later then."

John turns and leaves the room with a wave.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

C
    Conner Greyson

As John left Conner Greyson emerged from a crowd of Vampire, herd and ghoul and entered the open office door, passing by Mister Mclean with no word, just a head nod. He walked past Mister Rayner and held out a file folder for the Harpy to take. "Madam Harpy Donovan." Conner says with a bow of his head, his eyes not leaving her face. Once the folder is taken Conner turns to leave the office and return to the court proper.

Lance starts to reply but Conner's entrance silences him. Still a new fish, Lance knows that Domain officials have precedent over pretty much anyone else. Once he leaves he speaks. "I have a reputation to maintain after all, Madam Harpy." He considers taking a seat but he wasn't invited and in any case he doubted this meeting would take long. "I just had two things I wished to speak of with you, if I may. On my fist evening at Court, the Lady Knight Saito helped me with the various mineutae one needs to know to function here, laws, where the domains were, an introduction to the Herald, those kinds of things. She did not ask me for anything in return but after speaking with Herald Villiers, I felt that the best way to repay her for this kindness would be to tell you, in secret, of her assistance. I was quite hungry at the time and she showed a delicate touch in dealing with me." He waits on her response before bringing up the second item.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

When Conner dropped off the folder Ariana brushed his hand softly as she took it and shut the door after he left. She made her way back to her desk setting the folder down. Taking a seat on the edge of the desk, she adjusted the skirt of her dress as she crossed her legs. Gesturing for Lance to take a seat she smiled as she replied. “What sort of reputation is that Mr. Rayner?” Winking quickly.

“That was very kind of Lady Knight Saito to do as such. I will make a note of it. However, you do realize that asking for a boon in return for such important information as to how to become acknowledged is forbidden.” Ariana stated pleasantly. “Although that does beg the question of why you think I needed to be rescued to dance at the ball.” Grinning with an inquisitive brow. “But business first; what else did you need to discuss?” Turning her head slightly, with interest.

Lance takes a seat across from her but politely shakes his head to the negative when she says that asking for a boon would be forbidden. "Actually, she did not ask for a boon in return. I'm doing this because I'm a gentleman." He is silent for a moment. "Well sometimes I'm a gentleman at least. It really depends on where you find me. Regardless, I feel that anyone that helps me feed deserves to be repaid somehow, even if they are obligated to assist me by the Laws of the Domain." He smiles and leans back in the chair. "As to why I asked you to dance at the party, I don't want to dispel the air of nobility I just spent my time building up, but there were several reasons. The little birdy who told me who you were," He pauses for a second and mouths the name 'Amelita' in silence, surely she knew about her talents with Auspex, before continuing. "And I wanted to meet you. She also told me that you were being assaulted by boredom. I felt a calling to sally forth as the Off-White Knight of evening to rescue you from that fate. This segues into my other topic nicely, so I have to thank you. I'm taking some dance lessons so I'm not forced to rely on my partner's grace to make me look good. I wanted to let you know, If you ever want a dance partner, you only have to ask and I'll be happy to dance with you. I think it would be a shame to let any night escape without at least one good dance in it."

A
    Ariana Donovan

“There are times you are not a gentleman?” Ariana curiously wondered out loud.

Catching the name of Amelita, she asked. “What gave you the impression that I was bored?” She laughed softly. "I also forgot to mention, thank you for the rescue. It was quite knightly."

“I am rather fond of dancing Mr. Rayner.” Smiling, skipping the part from her past. “Granted I am rather out of practice, but I do enjoy it. There have been so many occasions where dancing has been over looked at many of the gatherings for Courts. It is a shame to let our nights slip by without doing so.” She did not count the time someone did nothing but reminisce about the past. “Do you have a partner for these dance lessons?” Ariana asked casually, even though she looked intrigued.

"When I'm not at Court or nice parties I'm often in places where no one wants to meet a gentleman, or where gentlemen are targets." The smile is a little darker this time, but not unkind.

"Incubus intuition," he says as his smile smooths out and he taps the side of his nose. "It was a Ball and you weren't dancing. I decided to take a chance."

He shakes his head when she asks if he has a dance partner. "No, it's a low cost class at one of the local schools, I tend to partner up with octogenarians out late to be honest. They think I'm taking night classes on the sly so I can ask my partner to dance at out next anniversary. They're all excited to help but they're all so fragile so you've got to be extremely careful. The toughest part is the mirrors, really. It's tiring sometimes." He shrugs. "Regardless, I think it's a crime for someone like you to go through a night only focused on work. Should you need a break long enough to get a dance or two in, please let me know." Lance did not want to excuse himself, but he knew that there was likely to be a line outside the office waiting for her official attention. "Who knows, we might start a trend."

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Well, I am sure you are given the older ladies quite a treat. I bet it is not often some handsome young man makes his way there.” Ariana could relate to the mirror situation. “Yes I know how mirrors can be a concern. I have to pay extra attention at certain events if I am reporting.” As she recalled an interesting situation in the apple.

“Although sometimes I may just need that escape. However, dancing does not only need to apply at court. Well one never knows about trends around here.” Smiling with an accidental wink. “What other trends do you plan on setting?” Leaning forward with curiosity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread