Olivette shows Aimee to the conference room where Asa has asked to meet her. In the center of the table are three silver jewelry boxes, locked, and adorned with the Tiffany & Co. logo.

Aimée thanked Olivette, but didn't just take a seat yet - she was still unsure of why she had been asked to meet the Prince, so she better behaved the best she could. The last few nights went through her head as she waited for Asa. Had she done something that could have broken a rule? She couldn't remember anything noteworthy, so if this was going to be some sort of punishment - and really, those boxes could contain anything - then she had to tone her behaviour a bit down in the future.

Yet, those boxes intrigued her... maybe she wasn't in for a punishment after all..

"Have a seat, Aimée," Asa said, entering the room. Olivette left, closing the door as he continued. "I'd like to talk to you about the Invictus. Do you know much of the history of the Covenant in Sacramento?"

Asa was smiling as he walked in, and around the room.

"Thank you, Honorable Alder Asa Clarke, Earl of Sacramento and Judex." Aimée bowed and took place on a seat nearest to her. She didn't trust that smile. At all. "To be honest, I don't now anything at all about this city's Invictus' history.."

"Prince Tobias Straiphen was an Invictus Prince until he was overthrown by The Movement in 1973," Asa spoke in his elegant oratory voice, continuing to make slow circles. [COLOR=Red]"When Prince Freddrick ascended in 1993, the Covenant began regaining it's former glory. Freddrick's Hound, Brandon Davis, was an Invictus, and a member of the Dynastic House Millarr." Asa pointed to one of the boxes. "The other House members included Icarus, and Lioni Dupree," he continued, pointing to the others.

"For quite some time, House Millarr was synonymous with the Invictus, which --as you know-- derives from invicta, "the unconquerable" or "the unconquered". I actually consider it a great honor to count them as my family, as I am also a member of House Millarr. Rebuilding the Covenant and laying the foundation for the prestige and power we enjoy today is worthy of great respect, wouldn't you agree?" Asa asked as he completed another circuit around the table.

That he himself was a member of the Dynasty explained his intimate usage of the Lord, Viscount, and Lady's names.

Unconquered. The word made Aimée's stomach revolt; she had an idea where this might be heading. She tried to keep a straight face, which she surprisingly succeeded in. "Most certainly, yes." The respect in her voice wasn't even faked. She already noticed that the Invictus here was quite strong - one had to give the Prince a big part of the credit for that.
She forced herself not to look at him the whole time while he was walking around (except for when either of them spoke). Unconquerable. If she were alive right now, she would sweat and gulp as she waited for the actual subject of the meeting.

Asa came pushed Blood into his muscles as he came to a stop behind Aimée, and lunged forward, grabbing her hair and driving her head into the table. He leaned down and stared into her eyes, noting the shattered cheekbone and broken nose.

"You're goddamn right it is," he hissed, still holding her head down.

"And if you ever embarrass my family or the Invictus again, like you did at the Asylum, you'd better pray to whomever you hold dear that I merely throw you out of the Covenant instead of ending your Requiem. Are we clear?"

Embarrass?! I was merely ENJOYING myself. Look that up in your dynastic dictionary.
Although Aimée's Beast screamed and urged her to scream this at Asa's face, maybe even fight him, she remained silent, fighting the Beast instead. She also refrained from healing her broken bones right now; both, her face and her ego hurt, but it was all too unwise to brush away this showcase of strength.

When she was sure that she was able to speak without insulting the Prince, she stammered in a low voice. "Yes, Honorable Alder Asa Clarke, Earl of Sacramento and Judex." So joining the Invictus means having no private life at all; interesting..

"What you do out of the public eye is your business," Asa said, standing and straightening his cuffs. "If you have needs, I'd prefer you to keep it in the Covenant. If that can't be managed, Cozette will be more than happy to give you a private room at the Asylum any time you wish."

Asa motioned for her to leave, and turned back to gently collect the jewelry boxes after she had gone.

You're still missed, Au Pair.