Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Sacramento Public Library - The Sacramento Room

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    S
    Steven

"That is unnecessary Miss Villiers," the Genial man says with a warm smile to the diminutive Mekhet, "I believe this month we will be starting a retrospective on Shakespeare." The professor says to Jacqui.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha is a bit shaken by this encounter in some way, but, she tries to gather her thoughts and blinks again. Still clutching the card, she nods meekly. "Oh...that sounds delightful...delightful..." her voice small, eyes wide. "I should very much like to attend, thank you, Professor." she tries a smile to Jacqui, offers one to the Professor too and, her mind elsewhere, she somehow resists including a suitable Shakespearan quotation in her reply.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui chimes in "Oh, Taming of the Shrew was always my favorite. Not because I particularly liked it, but because it was interesting and a fantastic example of his comedies, whilst being non-fantastical. It raises serious questions about feminism, and women's issues in it's time... Sorry, I'm going on. It seemed like you were leaving?" Jacqui ends this statement coyly, offering the professor an exit from the encounter.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles to the Professor once more, but her attentions now fix on Jacqui and her swift synopsis of the Taming of the Shrew. This insight into some more of Jacqui's knowledge was enough to drag her mind to her present location. Another smile. She looks again at the card and places it carefully into the inside pocket of her blazer.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Steven

"Very Well then ladies, Its past this old man's bed time. Good night to you both." The old man says as he turns and makes his way out of the library.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha offers the old man a curtsy as she bids him a sincere good night too. Smiling meekly

She watched him leave and, once he is out of sight, she turns to try a shy smile to Jacqui, her hands gripping at the side of her long gymslip.

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui looks and observes as the Professor makes his way out of the room with a nod and a passing "Goodnight."

Jacqui looks back to Martha and decides to pursue another line of subject: "So, Miss Villiers. One thing I seem to remember is something I fear others may easily discount. I believe you're a keeper around here, beyond your other duties? I was curious about one thing considering."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha tries another smile...she looks around, nervous...and only replies once she is certain no one is within ear shot, her voice low as she replies to Jacqui. "Indeed! What might that be, miss? Do we need to seek greater privacy, miss? Somewhere less...public?" she asks, inviting further conversation. Wide eyed. She rubs hard at her lame hip.

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui replies somewhat dismissively at first. "Oh no, no. That's not what I was getting at." She smiles warmly. "I've got a bit of a green thumb. I understand you'd handle and decorum as well, and I hoping it'd be acceptable to have flowers there."

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Flowers?" she asked, a bit bemused. She takes a step back to study Jacqui more widely, her bright eyes study Jacqui again from feet to eyes and back again. Wondering if this is the beginning of some odd prank. "You mean to decorate the venue with garlands and such like?" rubs hard at her hip again.

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread