Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Sacramento Public Library - The Sacramento Room

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    O
    Omnivolence

"Mmmhhh." Jacqui sighs quietly. "I'm of a firm belief that those that who are living learn, and those who don't learn, aren't living. Everything's studying, in some way or shape?" Jacqui replies with a rising tone, somewhat incredulous at what she just said. She levels her voice back out after a pause to continue: "That's the lovely thing about books, they're always here, and well, we aren't. Stay if you like. I'd like it."

Another moment passes as she gets to the real message. "Please pass on some information to the professor for me. I'd at least attend a lecture of his if timing is suitable. If you could imagine more of a trio for the event, I'll happily attend. It's not a big deal though, but I could contribute something for dinner, or just visit? I just thought I'd seek opportunity, he was here, and I could use a connection. Regardless, that can be sorted out later. You mentioned something?" She decides to put a little spunk and smile into the next statement. "Oh, does this have to do with that thing over there and we have to go somewhere else?!" she muses jokingly.

Wait what... dinner? That's confusing. I can swear she's so pleasant about this it seems odd she plans on eating him.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listened carefully. Uncertain at Jacqui's intent. Nodding often, but her smile falters briefly. "I shall get my notes, miss...we might need to talk elsewhere. Might you excuse me a moment, please, whilst I gather my things? I should hate to disturb the Professor with our constant whispering! Or...rather...did you wish to talk after we have studied, miss?" her smile returns, she keeps hold of Jacqui's hand, but begins to hobble over to her notes.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

O
    Omnivolence

"No, I think this book is quite clear on it's instructions." She flashes the title Steal This Book from the stack hidden beneath her arm with a grin. "But, that can wait. I'll put them away for now while you gather your things?" she asks.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha quietly and carefully packs her things. Careful to make as little noise as possible and gathers her things. If the Professor looks her way, she will nod respectfully to him. Smiling, she begins to hobble out of the reading room to find somewhere she and Jacqui can talk in greater privacy. It's hard, but she's trying now to hide her limp from Jacqui as she heads out of the room, smiling, hoping Jacqui will follow.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui herself doesn't need too much time to put away the books. They're from familiar places, and for the most part say familiar words. She takes a moment at it though to reflect: What does Martha want to talk about? Then it dawns on her. Yuki. Yuki took Martha to a private room. Jesus, this small shit really does go to the herald for formal fucking investigation.

Jacqui puts away the last of the books and gathers her composure.Well, this will be interesting?

Jacqui follows, readily taking a seat if Martha sits and a chair is offered.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha finds somewhere they can talk in privacy and quiet.

Smiling to Jacqui she adjusted her straw boater and rubbed at her hip while she waited for Jacqui to talk...seating was an issue. The low chairs afforded textured fabric comfort, but were much lower than she'd like. Her leg sticking out stiff and obvious, she was not looking forward to having to stand. Her smile turned to a frown at the thought, she gestured with a small hand to Jacqui to join her. The smile returning. She watched Jacqui's legs and shoes with interest.

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui takes the opportunity of the silence, not letting it draw so long as to become awkward. A bare tic of mild confusion is apparent as toward the quiet. She offers: "Should I enlist one of the librarians to ensure this area is closed to the public?"

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui as she's sitting attempts to cross her legs, but can't comfortably since the seats are a bit low. She give up the attempt, sitting casually but at obvious attention, a bit stiff, but also curled up a bit in the chair.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and watches Jacqui settle onto her seat and shakes her head, playing for a moment with one of her twin tails then brushing to neaten her long gymslip, "Thank you...but that shouldn't be required, miss..." she pats her satchel, "I have pen and paper if we need to pass notes to add privacy!" a happy smile now - adding a playful giggle to match her school uniform. "I wished to reassure you, miss...after the unhappy encounter you had at the party the other evening...I wanted to let you know that the matter was resolved positively and hopefully there shall be no hard feelings between either party!" a happy smile. She tried not to think about the matter of the tongue and rubbed at her knee.

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui stiffens a bit more at this, but her face shifts to an earnest smile. Ok. Well, that's good? Jacqui decides it's time to make sure this is what we're talking about, and perhaps tell a bit of her side of the story. Jacqui sighs positively "Ahh, good," and continues "I... without intending the implication of hard feelings, I'm assuming your refering to Miss Saito threatening me?" She loosens up as she finishes the sentence, elbows resting on the arm rests while her hands meet eachother in her lap. She's now leaning back, a little bit less rapt in attention, visibly less worried.

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread