Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Sacramento Public Library - The Sacramento Room

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles as she sees Jacqui. Nodding briefly to the Doctor, she excuses herself quietly, "Do please excuse me, Professor! A friend of mine has dropped her books! I should help..." and hobbles over to try to help Jacqui with her books. All smiles, she whispers, "A good evening, miss! How do you do?"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui looks back to Martha with an embarassed grimace.

"I'm doing fine, accidents withstanding." Jacqui replies as she changes to a tentative smile. She does her best to reach each book by stretching, instead of repositioning herself, sometimes awkwardly stretching and teetering offbalance, but not falling. "Thanks for the help. I was just a bit startled... usually late at night you run into a few night owls, and some homeless. I wasn't expecting any sort of company."

S
    Steven

The Elderly gentleman just gives a genuine smile as the one legged woman makes her way over to her friend. Its then he takes notice of something, as if remembering a thought he had forgotten, and begins rifling through his wallet.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha helps gather what books she can, though is probably slow in getting there. Her leg stiff as she bends to help. Smiling a lot, she is clearly delighted to see Jacqui. "I understand, miss! I too often come here to study late...the revised opening and closing times do make it much more convenient!" she hands the books to Jacqui and takes a moment to study Jacqui's attire before adding, "I have met a very interesting gentleman this evening, miss! A professor, no less!" some predatory instinct makes her add, "I aim to earn his friendship and treat him to a cooked meal at my domicile!" a happy smile follows. Martha had made her claim to the gentleman clear, she smiles to Jacqui and then glances over to see if The Professor is in good health still before her focus goes back to Jacqui. "Would you care to meet him, miss? I would also welcome the chance for you and I to converse too, miss...if you have time and inclination to do so." she adds, sincere in her invite, smiling happily.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui with Martha's help finishes the pile of books and whilst still crouching with Martha, answers in turn: "Oh. Sure, I'd actually really like to meet one of the Professors." She answers back. She weighs whether this is the time to mention the next few words carefully.

Fuck it. I pride myself on getting to the fucking point, and I have no veiled intentions.

"I've been thinking of taking some classes, and if can be arranged at some point, setting up shop at the University. Jacqui pauses for a moment while crouched, realizing this is the time to frame an argument for 'why.' "I think it'd be in our... social groups interest for someone to have some active involvement there. We could all stand to further our learning, I believe, and having someone already there could help others in their endeavors. I'm uniquely suited as a recent graduate student at Berkeley. Well, that's mostly true"

She lets a moment pass as she waits for that to sink in. "As for time, well, I've quite awhile I imagine. No real plans for the night besides these." She glances to her books and looks back. "Company's unexpected, but appreciated."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha's joy at the outlined plan is obvious. Wide eyed she twirls ones of her twin tails as she enthuses in eager whispers; "What a splendid notion, miss! How splendid! It is a most exciting enterprise! I think you and I can work at that project with a passion!" she looks to the books, to Jacqui's shoes and then to the Professor. "I should wish to talk with you at greater length, miss...about that and several other matters, if I may! For now, though, might I please introduce you to the Professor?" she adds a smile and a hard rub at her crippled hip.

O
    Omnivolence

Jacqui herself with Marthas help has all the books gatherer in hand, tucks them under her left arm, and raises from her crouch. She offers her right hand demurely to Martha and replies:

"Yes, lets."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha accepts the offered hand and helps Jacqui up, gratefully smiling to Jacqui, she gently keeps hold of the hand as she limps back over to again greet the Professor. All smiles and now, thanks to Jacqui, steadier on her feet. She waits, excited but patient, to see if the Professor wishes to talk again.

S
    Steven

The Professor gives the ladies a geneal smile and looks back to his book, continuing his reading, not telling women to leave him alone, but not inviting them either. Proper library politeness. There is a business card sitting on the table that was not there when Martha left.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha understands, as keen as she was to show off the Professor to Jacqui she understood his need for solitude. Smiling and nodding to the gent with sincere respect, she scoops up the card and holds it triumphantly to herself before smiling to Jacqui. The card finds itself tucked away inside her blazer. Whispering, "I shall not disturb him now...rather I shall contact the Professor during the week, miss! I shall invite him to dine with me!" she offers Jacqui another happy smile and, hand in hand, hobbles heavily over to where her own notes and books were left. "Do you wish me to leave you, miss?" tiny Martha asks, suddenly anxious, but holds Jacqui's hand gently still. "I would not wish to distract you from your studies!" she whispers earnestly.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread