Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Brothers in Alms

THREADID
    K
    Kazakin

Sidor had only stopped off briefly at his ordinary basement haven to ensure it was secure, and pick up the scant few personal possessions that he cared enough about to keep near him. There were very few, anyway. He had a spartan existance, because it suited him. Possessions were fleeting, tangible things that mortals clutched to as symbols of status. He no longer had a need for the trappings of mortality, and thus he no longer had a need for such foolishness as greed. Not that he'd been a particularly indulgant man in life. His sins had been multitude and unforgiven, but he had not been a glutton or a miser.

No, the Russian Haunt considered. But I have been a murderer and a torturer and a hunter of the innocent. This existance is just. This is fair. This right; an apt punishment for the blood on my hands.

That was perhaps the most frustrating thing about his doubts. He couldn't think of an alternative that made sense; a God who had not forsaken the Damned would not condemn them to such an existance. As for the alternative, a God that did not exist... no, he could not accept that. Vampirism was unscientific and ridiculous to any right-minded thinker. The Dark Miracles he could command were impossible. The blood-powered terror he could inspire in others was supernatural, so much more potent than anything he had performed in life.

The shadows on his face were unpiercable by any light. Barring some sort of black hole having opened inside his skull, that too, was physically impossible. Not to mention the fact that they moved on their own.

He slipped the rucksack with his possessions in over his shoulder and walked towards the Ridge Motel. He'd already sent Bishop Flores a text message to request an audience. He had nowhere else to turn, after all. The Sanctified were the only refuge he had. They were still his brothers in Damnation. He still believed that.

Anton arrived soon, stopping in at the check-in building for two minutes or so before emerging, to find Sidor in the lot. With a distant gesture, the Bishop motioned for his cousin to follow, leading him into a ground floor end room. The faint smell of alcohol hit the pair as they enter. The room hadn't been cleaned yet and the sheets lay in disarray, the ashtray overflowing with butts. Anton closed the door behind them. The smell of lingering sin is replaced by that of fields and flesh aflame.

"You contacted me."
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor followed the Bishop into the disarrayed room. Beneath the perpetual shadows, his nostrils flared at the stink of it, but it was hardly the worst thing he'd ever smelt. Even so, it was actually a sort of relief when Anton's burning scent crushed out all others. It would be easier to concentrate on the task at hand without the distraction of the corruption within the room.

"I did," the Russian Haunt said, his sharply accented voice quiet and respectful. "I have been banished to the Barrens, your Grace." He made no attempt to offer excuses, or to defend himself. That would have been weak, and foolish. He knew he was better than that, and regardless, no excuses or defence was necessary. He knew exactly why he had taken the actions he had done.

"I wish only to be useful during my time there. I thought perhaps you might have such a use for me."

"So I understood," Anton answered, aware of the sanction. The Bishop paused for thought, staring through the gap in the curtains across the street.

"You may lair at this site for the duration of your exile. I ask that you drive off any Kindred you recognise who attempt to hunt here. Make a note of those you don't. In exchange, your time in the wilderness can be made more comfortable, I think."
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor hadn't come seeking more comfort, but only a fool would turn down a gift of that magnitude when it was offered. A fair enough exchange; the Bishop needed a watch-dog, and the Russian Haunt was certainly capable of performing those duties without much issue.

"Thank you, your Grace," he said quietly, his voice humble. He wasn't prideful enough not to show gratitude when someone gave him aid, either. The shadows rearranged themselves on his face, sharpening in all the wrong places. "I appreciate that I can still be useful in some small way for you." He was also certain he would pay back far more than he was given, but that was par for the course with the Kindred. Besides, Anton was the Bishop of the Sanctified. Struggling with faith or not, Sidor had a great deal of respect for the other Haunt.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.