Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Midsummer Masquerade Ball

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Selena

Welcome to the Charity Midsummer Masquerade event held at the River View Marriott Hotel. Entertainment abounds with a jugglers and acrobatics in Venetian style. Your attire can reflect the theme or anything you wish. However, we do request a mask be worn and if you do not have one upon entering, one will be provided for your use. There will be music provided a wide range to dance traditional waltzes to modern genres as well. All are welcome as the donations are a free will offering.

OOC Note

Please break out into side conversations just like before.

OOC Note2

This looks like corruption. I can tell from some of the pixels and from quite a lot of prior experience with corruption.

Lance Rayner | Blood Potency • | Striking Looks (Strong Features) ••
    Blush Active

It was balm for Lance's spirit, knowing that the political system was as plagued with corruption as ever. Perhaps it was overly cynical of him, but he was sure that no one was going to call him on it. The primary reason that he was there was to have a good time at the politician public's expense and meet people. Make some connections, shake some hands, schmooze. Having a couple of "Hey remember when we chatted over a line of blow at that one party? Yeah I need a favor..." cards in one's pocket is something no enterprising Daeva should be without.

Dressed in a sharp (rental) tuxedo, Lance had bought a mask on a whim instead of renting one. It shined under the light with streaks of iridescent reds and blues and purples with touches of gold and turquoise. He liked it so much, he was planning on buying a copy to send back to San Fransisco to his sire, he'd get a kick out of it.

appearance
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana had a bit of a feeling that this was not exactly a charity or what the politicians had planned for the money. With her father being a lawyer she knew they were usually up to something. She had Felix drop her off at the door as she smoothed out her dress. She was impressed that Conner was able to make her mask match the color of her dress, which was one she had from New York. She also wished Conner would have attended, as she was not a fan of Masquerade Balls. Slipping a twenty inside the decorative box, she made her way into the ballroom.

Walking around a little, Ariana greeted a few people from the paper she recognized. She kept an eye out for other beasts as she sensed one when she walked in.

Blush Activated

1suxx

dress

K
    Kazakin

Time in the Barrens wasn't kind, and Sidor was starving. Not for blood; his Beast was grumbling and prowling in hunger almost perpetually, but he could cope with that. His will was strong, it always had been. The hunger was something he knew full well that he could control. No, what he craved was the corruption of the city. He hadn't traversed out of the Barrens much, since his exile. That was a simple matter of pragmatism; one cannot be tempted and inadvertantly breach the Masquerade if one is nowhere near the kine.

But he did keep his ear to the ground, and he had found out from a flyer someone had dropped that there would be a Masquerade Ball. Normally, he would have considered such things ridiculous. He wasn't a fan of dressing up in stupid costumes and seeking attention when he could be watching and assessing other Kindred. But in this case, a Ball around kine, one that his instincts told him was probably a front for something or other, it would be a rare occasion. A mask would partially or wholly cover his disfigurement.

He entered the room, wearing a slightly ill-fitting tuxedo, and importantly, gloves. He couldn't spare the precious vitae to warm his skin, so he'd gone for the more sensible option; to remove the possibility entirely. He was also wearing a plain, sharp-featured white mask. It looked perfectly normal, with the exception that there was black, transparent film over the eye holes, rendering it impossible to see inside. Anyone who knew of Sidor's disfigurement might guess it was him under the mask, but it neatly prevented the kine from wondering.

The Russian Haunt was fairly sure he'd covered all his bases. Now to spend a careful night watching the corruption of the city in action. It would be a pleasant diversion. The sensation of the other Beasts in the room, wasn't a surprise. Vampires were drawn to politics like moths to a flame. An unfamiliar one tugged at his senses, causing the monster inside him to boil into a maelstrom. He crushed away the longing to rip out the weaker creature's heart and forcefeed it back to its owner. His will was iron.

And he wanted to have a quiet night.

2 successes

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella had to rent her dress, stopping at the doorway before she goes in, she checks her dress over. Not as nice as what I had back home, but it will do, she smiles remembering her first Masquerade with her Sire, though she is glad she is not going as someones arm display this time. She adjusts her mask, both of them, not making the same mistake twice, she thinks. She takes a moment to make sure her hair is correct, worn up and piled in soft curls pinned together. Her Mask dropped, her other mask fitted, Daniella slowly makes her way into the builing.

She stops just inside the door, taking in the sites and sounds. She smiles, amazed still by how this town throws parties.

Roll Int + Pol
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

NOS
    PRE

A woman entered the Masquerade in an all black and well cut pant suit, a black and gold mask adorning her countenance and obscuring her features. A fall of straight black hair swept down her back and, if it weren't for her graceless steps and weak, trembling beast, perhaps none of the Kindred would have recognized Brenn Lawrence. With a mask to hide her face she passed for attractive, but no more, as she plodded into the event. Peering through the eye's of her mask, instead of around her usual tangle of hair, Brenn took in the familiar sight of the City's Harpy and the unfamiliar aspects of the three other Kindred in the room. No, make that two unfamiliar Kindred; she recognized her cousin's Beast once she had fought off the urges to flee the room or began pummeling the suave kindred in his gaily colored mask. The room was surprisingly empty of her People, no matter how young the night might have been, but she simply shrugged and continued on to offer a friendly greeting to Ariana, a polite greeting to Sidor, and then approached Lance Rayner to make introductions.

"Well good evening to you, sir, I don't believe we've met. Might I introduce myself as Brenn Lawrence; merely an asset...of the City we know, to be precise. Are you new, perhaps, or have we simply never met?"

A woman entered the Masquerade in an all black and well cut pant suit, a black and gold mask adorning her countenance and obscuring her features. A fall of straight black hair swept down her back and, if it weren't for her graceless steps and weak, trembling beast, perhaps none of the Kindred would have recognized Brenn Lawrence. With a mask to hide her face she passed for attractive, but no more, as she plodded into the event. Peering through the eye's of her mask, instead of around her usual tangle of hair, Brenn took in the familiar sight of the City's Harpy and the unfamiliar aspects of the three other Kindred in the room. No, make that two unfamiliar Kindred; she recognized her cousin's Beast once she had fought off the urges to flee the room or began pummeling the suave kindred in his gaily colored mask. The room was surprisingly empty of her People, no matter how young the night might have been, but she simply shrugged and continued on to offer a friendly greeting to Ariana, a polite greeting to Sidor, and then approached Lance Rayner to make introductions.

"Well good evening to you, sir, I don't believe we've met. Might I introduce myself as Brenn Lawrence; merely an asset...of the City we know, to be precise. Are you new, perhaps, or have we simply never met?"
    He counted the beasts as they came in, the first two both older, both belonging to people he has not met. And then she comes in, dressed all in red with her beast out for all to feel. To Lance it feels perversely intimate, like the shiver that runs down your spine at touch of an abusive parent and he is reminded again of the surprise and terror he felt when he first met her. It was almost enough to make him grind his teeth in frustration. Then a new one, a flash of agression on his part to cut through the fear and anger. He turns at the approach of this beast and steps aside from the small gathering of mortals with too much money that he is chatting with to speak with her. "It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Lawrence, I moved to the city about a month ago actually, I've been very busy making the rounds of all the social events I can to meet the right kind of people. I'm glad to see it has lead me to you. I am Lance Rayner, but please, call me Lance. have you been a resident here for long?"

Brenn arched one eyebrow imperceptibly under her mask before she realized that no one could see it. The mask definitely had very defined drawbacks, no matter the cosmetic benefits, but it would have to do for tonight. It would be an experience to say the least.

"Been here long?"
    she repeated, abandoning her brief reverie. "No, I've actually only been in the city for a few months. I haven't counted, to be honest. There's been a lot to occupy one, provided they were interested in, uh, lending a hand we'll say. I trust you've heard about the vagrant fiasco from a month or two back? Tell me, Lance, would you be the type of person that would help with something like that?"

Lance shrugs as he picks a flute of champagne from a passing waitress. "With something like what? I haven't heard anything about any vagrant fiasco and that isn't the kind of circle I generally spend time with, to be honest." He takes a sip after speaking. It wasn't his favorite drink, but he didn't have any reason to turn down a free one. He guessed it was pretty good.

Spending 1 Vitae to eat/drink for the scene

"Mm. Well let me put it another way, if would please excuse my bluntness. Are you the kind of person who doesn't like to break a bit of a proverbial sweat to help out the City? I suppose that is a very biased question, so again, pardon, but I believe you might understand what I'm getting at" Brenn continued, her eye's staring unblinking through the holes of her mask.

Amelita moved over to Lance and Brenn, though not in time to catch their names. She recognised Lance's voice of course, but it'd probably be more fun to act like strangers. She listens to the tail-end of the exchange as she watches through her feathery mask, head cocked to one side.

"If we were going to be blunt, I would have to ask what was in it for me, honestly." Lance takes another sip of his drink. "I've found that the 'Goodwill' of my fellow man and a dime bag of coke will get me a blow job from almost anyone I'm interested in at a bar." He smiles. "But maybe I'm just something of a cynic these nights."

Amelita he recognizes of course. He's a little busy staring down Brenn to turn aside and chat right this second.

"Ah, I see," Brenn says simply. "Well, that is probably what most people would consider to be a more realistic view of things instead of a cynical one. What about you miss," Brenn said, turning to Amelita, "what are your views on that matter?"

"Queen, actually," Amelita replied, in a fake, wavering approximation of a cut-glass British accent. "Queen of Funtopia."

She swayed her way over, looking Lance and Brenn over with pantomime haughtiness.

"And I help out the city by simply being in it. To ask anything more would be most, most ... uncouth."

A loud laugh issued from behind Brenn's black and gold mask before the Haunt could gather herself. "I thought royalty and fun were mutually exclusive but alas, I am wrong, wrong, wrong," she spouted, snickering to herself. "But that is a nice way to look at things, I have to say. Out of all three of our opinions, I like yours the best your Majesty. Ah, but, uh...hm. Well, I am known as Brenn Lawrence, although it's a shame we can't be properly introduced, as we all hide our countenance."

Amelita grinned, continuing the camp drama student faηade.

"Yes yes. You were wrong, wrong, wrong..." she repeated, wagging her finger. "Maybe you could do the proper introduction thing on some other un-masqued night, Brenn."

She turned to Lance, looking him over with coy squint.

"Hmm, do my eyes have Alzheimer's or is that one of my devoted, smirky, subjects behind that mask? ... Nobility, maybe?"

There's a cajoling edge to her question.

Lance chokes a little on his drink when Amelita pulls out the Queen of Funtopia persona. That's something you just generally don't hear when you're dead, everyone takes it all so seriously. He pulls himself together enough to deadpan, "Of course your highness, I had hoped to mask my presence here but your keen vision has pierced my disguise. I am, as you have certainly gathered, the Duke of Lower East Hootenanny and I am of course at your service."

His facade cracks just a little as he deadpans, but this just forces him to school his features in a more stern cast. Hootenanny is a serious pastime for serious vampires in Lower East Hootenanny.

Brenn turned away from the conversation, a series of strangled noises issuing from behind her mask. Her shoulders shook as the quiet gagging noises continued and eventually resolved into a quiet snicker.

"Ahem," she gasped, pausing a moment, "is it just me or is it fun to talk about Majesties and Duhcies and the like. Who knows," she continued, an edge of vicious humor slipping into her voice, "perhaps one day one of us might get a bit of land and name it Lower East Hootenanny. Heh. But, uh, speaking of land, I've been meaning to find a place to rent, though I haven't really found a good area. How about either of you?"

Amelita smirks at the Duke's explanation, taking his arm and resting her head on it as he pledged service.

"How I love to see Funtopia's duchy infiltrating charity," she giggled, turning to Brenn.

"Living arrangements? Well... when I'm not back in my palace back in the old, fun country, I'm staying with friends here in nutsacramento."

Amelita's supernaturally sharp senses picked up Yuki slandering her best friend through the sounds of the ball.

"Oh, Jacqui's ears are burning," she purred. Amelita wanted very much to go over there and give Yuki a whole bowlful of indignance, but Ariana would probably appreciate being set straight later on. In the meantime she could rip on Yuki with her friends.

"You see Yuki over there?" she asked, pointing to the Spina. "Well that dress she's wearing... it makes her look a lot like a playing card. Right down to the crooked, cardboard queen in the middle of it. Don't you think?"

Lance shrugs when the topic of tenancy comes up. "I'm in Communal for now, I go to these things to try to get a feel for the political situation. I mean, if I backed the wrong horse, boy would my face be red."

At the suggestion of this being an actual, real charity event, Lance doesn't bother suppressing his laughter. "Charity, that's a good one."

"Well, I wouldn't say that Am." She was a knight, after all. Lance didn't much like the idea of a surprise gutting, even if she apologized for it later. "I do know that Miss Brown over there, well her head would probably explode if you weren't really careful about titles. Or if there wasn't a conversation she could horn in on like she was entitled to do so." He gestures with his drink to Ariana. "Who's that with them? I've never seen her before."

"Ah," Brenn piped up, "I can answer that. That's Ariana Donovan, reporter for the Sacramento Bee, and well, I don't mean to be "impolite" but she's a real Harpy, almost like the Harpy when it comes to people like us," the Haunt hedged. "Actually, she's a great person to talk to and get acquainted with. Nice, intelligent, polite, excruciatingly formal at times; she's Good People. Oh, wait, I already said that...She's also in the club with Mrs. Martha Villiers and uh, Mister Conner Greyson. Yeah, that should give you a good overview.

"Although," Brenn said, turning to Amelita, "I don't know who this Jacqui is...who is she?"

"She's also my boss," Amelita added, off-hand. "Jacqui's a friend of Funtopia... Which is to say that she's pretty much my best friend. She's a lot of fun, you'd love her." Amelita cocked her head at Yuki.

"We were clowning around at Asylum's vanilla night when playing card over there strides up to us dressed up like a schoolgirl and tells us to call her 'Miss Saito' or whatever, out of the blue, like 'how do you do, call me this'. Jacqui's all like 'ok, then you have to call me Dominatrix Coutouri'. Yuki completely overreacted, stormed off in a huff to Martha and tried to get Jacqui in deep shit. Since she's over there tattling to Ari, I'm guessing that didn't turn out so well."

Amelita sighed, toying with Lance's arm.

"Yuki's a bitch."

Lance smiles, finally a face to go with the position of Harpy. "You'll have to introduce me to her one of these days. I'm sure we'll have a blast."

He takes the queen under his arm and places a finger on her lips to hush her. "Shhhhsh. Don't bash the less fortunate because they don't have our dress sense. I'm sure both the Lady Samurai and Miss Brown have bigger things on their minds than we poor children can understand. Being the center of the universe must be very trying after all. Hopefully they will get along like a house on fire." Lance gives an appraising look at the pair talking to the harpy. "We can only hope that no one finds the bodies."

He looks over to Brenn again. "So Brenn, what do you do with yourself? You in any clubs?"

Brenn shook her head, a wide, sickening smile hidden beneath her mask. "Now gather round/ look what I found/ for you to duplicate/ what would it take for you/ to do more than recreate?" she mumbled, looking back at Lance and Amelita. "Sorry, I was, uh, trying to come up with something to add. Um, but to answer your question though, I'm not in any clubs. I tend to reject the thought of joining one outright because no one's belief system or ideology is flawless and I find it less limiting to be, uh, unaffiliated. Mind you, I don't have it out against any clubs, or their ideas, as long as they remain tolerant of others. It's the whole "fight the power" concept, ya know? Why, are their any openings in the Kingdom of Funtopia?"

Lance is distracted from his reply to Brenn by the entrance of a new vampire to the ball. His mouth drops open a little and he has only one thing to say. "Woof."

Brenn had been distracted by a group of jugglers that had moved closer to the group and watched them with her head tilted to the side. After a second she realized that their conversation had been quiet for a while and snapped back to the conversation.

"Oh, sorry 'bout that. It's just not every night you see jugglers and acrobats, ya know?"
    She broke off from her blathering and followed Lance's gaze, a smile forming beneath her mask. "Hey, don't worry Lance, it could just be the position he's going after. We all know how that can be, I'm sure."

Lance absently licks his lips just a little. "I could show him a few positions..." He seems to remember where he is and who he's with, making him cough a little. "Ahem. If I wasn't in such polite company, that is." He gathers his wits before continuing. "Ladies, as much as it pains me to leave either of you, I have wanted to meet Miss Donovan ever since I arrived. I wish you both a good evening, enjoy the entertainment. I hope to hear from you both in the future." Bidding the two of them farewell, Lance makes his way over to the three ladies.

Brenn snickered at the innuendo but gave a farewell as Lance excused himself. The Harpy was an essential kindred to know if one wanted to do more than sit on their ass in the Domain, so it wasn't surprising to hear he wanted to meet Ariana. Brenn turned back to Amelita and offered a shrug.

"Well, I suppose I should also excuse myself and mingle a bit more. It would be good to speak with Miss Villiers again, and I might stop by and bug my cousin. Who knows, the night is full of possibilities. You're welcome to join me if you want," the Haunt offers as she departs.
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

Brenn & Lance continue here
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny dressed carefully in a white tuxedo with tails complete with gloves and a three quarter mask made of shattered mirror pieces. It was his signature mask. Cuffs were folded but hung loose without cuff links and a bowtie was eschewed in favor of an open collar. There was a message in his dress but not one he would share casually. Unlike most of the guests his lapel was adorned with a pretty placard that signified he was a significant contributor and a small table matched the number on the placard for him and his guests.

Moving next to Daniella he stepped around to face her and what was visible of his mouth smiled.

"I hope you wont be too offended but I've got to thank you for doing that dress justice... and if you're not offended I'd like to put my name on the top of your dance card."
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella takes a moment to take in the gentleman in front of her, smiling 'Why thank you, and I would consider it an honor to put your name on my dance card.' putting her hand to her chest,'I don't believe we have met, my name is Daniella, Daniella Sage.'
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.