Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 49
DISPLAYED
The Exorcism of Amber Hill

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

In the blink of an eye, it was all over in an instant. The sight of his former ghoul raveling away with a final silent scream of agonizing defeat was enough to bring Ith Lazarus partially back to his senses. The feeling of otherworldly dread was gone, and now the doctor had a void to fill. Without the lingering terror of Bridgewater to distract them, the whole group would most likely begin to notice Ith's nosferatu smell of bad-medicine.

Lazarus disregarded Staley's question at first, looking to Harold with a look that, despite the mask, would send shivers up his spine. "You are to take the prisoners to their cells." He gives the prisoners a glance. "As promised, your paperwork will be 'reevaluated' and submitted sometime in the near future."

And now for Heathcliff Staley...

Lazarus stood to his full height, and looked to Heathcliff. His wrinkled lab coat was at a greater state of disarray now, but he didn't seem to notice. "Robert Bridgewater was a product of failure from the moment I placed him into my servitude until our words banished him." The Warden looked to Melody, then back to Mr. Staley. "If she would like to come to my home after she departs -- she will meet the same fate as Robert." He does not sound too thrilled about Heathcliff's questioning of his 'treatment' methods.

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff stifles a sigh and responds, "As you say, Doctor." No point in arguing with Ith. But only the first time's free, Doc, next time I'll have to charge you...

"I was wounded in the encounter," Heathcliff points out. I hate to stay, but I shouldn't leave like this... "Is it alright if I feed before I leave? Also...would you be so kind as to give me Albert's contact information and let me know when he has been released? He was of great assistance, and I'd like to know how he did what he did."

"You need to feed? Oh yes, you may feed..." The Warden steps back slightly, extending his arm outward toward Meldoy Smithson in her catatonic state, covered in urine, laying on the floor. Lazarus considered the second request for a moment. The fact of the matter was that Ith couldn't have done this without Heathcliff, and he was indebted to him. "As for Patient #82C, I could have it arranged in a few weeks to be released into your personal care..."

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

The Beast wets its lips at the easy meal laid on the floor before it, but Heathcliff finds a tiny shard of revulsion and holds tight. I can't feed from her in such a state...can I? He finds his eyes drifting back to her even as he tries to focus on negotiating with Lazarus. "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought he was being released. I'm afraid I don't have the space in my home for another person, nor the training to care for the mentally ill." And from what I've seen, I doubt you do, either.

"Perhaps, I could simply make an appointment to speak with him later, once he's recovered. Would that be acceptable?"

Heathcliff realizes he's watching Melody's chest rise and fall. Rise. And fall. Rise...

"Albert Hickman is under the impression that he could be released with my reevaluation -- as are the others. They are, however, irreversibly insane. The best I can offer them is relocation to a more...docile place. But, yes, you may make an appointment to see Mr. Hickman with me."

Ith's eyes follow Heathcliff's to the unconscious Melody Smithson. "Go on, Mr. Staley, I've tasted her blood countless times."

Granted, it's much more satisfying when she's awake to resist...

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff doesn't want to hold onto that shard...it's hard to negotiate with his attention split thus, and he agrees to Lazarus' stipulations with hardly a thought. Yes...I can feed... he assures himself.

Heathcliff silently moves beside Melody and watches her eyes to see if she wakes. The scent of her fear is nauseating...at first. Some disgusting, perverted part of Staley...the Beast, he tells himself, but it's not so crystal clear as that... finds it appropriate, that this woman is a servant, covered in her own filth, the sole purpose of her existence, to be consumed...the stench is intoxicating. His lips touch her neck, and his fangs pierce her flesh and draw her sweet elixir in...

STOP. Heathcliff licks the wound, then gently lifts her and puts her to bed. He avoid's the Doctor's gaze as he leaves her side, the shame quickly replacing the heady rush of Life. He tries to clear his throat. "Thank you. It is time I should be going." Thank God. "I will be in touch to see Albert soon." He takes on a serious tone as he gives one, final nod and says, "Take care, Doctor."

((OOC: Heath took 4 Vitae, and used 2 to heal his remaining wounds))

Lazarus says nothing in reply to Heathcliff at first. The doctor only stands silently watching Mr. Staley as he feeds, then as Heathcliff exits Melody's cell he closes the door. "Your help tonight was appreciated." Although his voice was full of irritation and did not reflect it, this was a rare display of gratitude.

Without another word, the Warden retired to his office for the evening. He knows the way out...

((End Scene. Great job, guys!))

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread