Watch

Discount: One Sworn minus Limbs

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

The gunshot went off again, the pain blossoming and destroying half of his face. Joseph could only snarl as the world went dark as he fell. Finally it comes back but off. Eyes slowly open revealing not a dark tunnel but instead a room. A familiar room...for several moments Joseph looks around as much he can. It finally dawns on him that he is in the Chapter House. Somehow.

Blinking it dawns on him that he is looking at the ceiling, makes sense. He can see a good part of the room as he turns his head. Finally he tries to stand but finds purchase on nothing. He doesn't feel his limbs either.. Looking down at his shoulder he sees only his shoulder and nothing more. The same for the other shoulder. By this point he doesn't even try to look at his legs. He just lays his head back and licks his lips, which taste of dried blood.

He laughs as the Beast rises up demanding blood for what had been done. Joseph holds it close remembering what it was like when he had first escaped the tomb, what it was like to be free. I have failed at so much. The thought brings a beastly grin to his face.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max had been in the Library, studying the meditative practices of the followers of Ti Kwan Leep. They were rather... direct. But effective.

When he hears a rustle from Joseph's resting place, the Reeve stands; making his way to the room at he and the Keeper had been using to both keep the one time head of the Ordo. Not knowing what to expect, Max takes a moment to force some of his stolen blood to increase both his strength and stamina. Once so fortified, Max unlocks the door, steps inside, and quickly closes the door behind him.*

Are you awake, Mr Hartman?

Max is spending two Blood to activate Vigor and Resilience.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph looks for the speaker behind the voice but can't see them. "Yes.." What is the man's name? "Max" Ah there we go. "I am and also covered in blood." Joseph sounds perplexed by the latter as he remembers water..lots of water.

Is Max the leader of the Ordo now or someone entirely new? Joseph has no idea how long its been, nor what happened. Mixed emotions surge forward as it becomes apparent that they had retrieved him somehow and watched over his torpored body. Or torso at least.

"How long has it been?"

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Good, he could speak. That meant his fellow Dragon was in control of his actions...

Stepping farther into the room, Max makes his way over to the resting place of the former leader of the Ordo; squatting down so he didn't lord over Joseph.* It's been a few months, if I'm counting right. It's July now, so you haven't been out too long. Well, at least not by our standards...

*Max reaches down into the box, pulling Hartman up into an upright position; trying to make conversing with a talking corpse at least a little more normal.* Yes, sorry about the mess; we were more worried about keeping you feed then keeping you clean. I'm sure you have a lot of questions. Where would you like me to start?

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph fails to hold back a grimace as Max pulls him upright. Having no limbs was awkward, more so than he would have expected.

"The blood is fine, I was just confused because I'm fairly certain I fell into a lot of water at some point." He looks around the room quickly, familiarizing himself with it again. "Anywhere honestly, things obviously didn't go to plan as I have no limbs."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max nods* That would be during the final fight with the homeless. Some of them tried to escape on the river, with yourself and Ms Malloy in tow. Thankfully, none of them will bother the city again. After the fight you were brought here for safe keeping.

As for what has happened since then? That... will take some time to explain. Several members of the city have left, including Ms Stamford and Deputy O'Connor. Harpy Donovan would probably be a better source of information of all the coming and goings then I can provide.

My main concern right now is getting you back on...
    *Max trails off, quickly deciding against saying the rest of the phrase.* Back to full capabilities. I'm sure you'd be more comfortable at your own house, do you have a servant I can contact to see to your needs?

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

"Stamford is gone? She showed up around the same time I did. Did well too, though not recently it would seem. Donovan... not sure I remember that name." Joseph frowns and looks at Mykel. "I'd prefer to stay here actually. I never got around to getting a servant and I'm not sure if I still am in possession of my apartment." He looks down where his legs should be. "Hopefully my limbs won't take too long. I have not regenerated them before."

There's a moment of awkward pause. "I should have said I would like to stay in the Chapter House if the current leader would allow me too."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max nods at the man's concerns.* Well, you'll have the Keeper and I to keep an eye on you and make sure you have enough to eat. And you needed worry about the current leader of the Ordo; he seems to have disappeared for a while. A rather disturbing trend with the city's population of late... *If Max seemed overly concerned at the number of Kindred that had been leaving Sacramento, he didn't show it. After all, vampires had been coming and going within the borders of the city rather regularly since he first arrived.*

Perhaps I can find you somewhere more comfortable. I think there are a few couches in the Library that can be pushed together...

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

"Did he leave or just disappear?" Leaving is one thing, disappearing another and given the current lack of limbs... Self defense isn't too easy. "The library would be great. Books would help to pass the time and maybe I can find something about regrowing my limbs. My Sire mentioned something about a gangrel coming up with a devotion to grow back an arm he lost in a bet. I think my Sire is the one who won it." His shoulder areas move, in what might be an attempt to shrug.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

He's been.. scarce, of late. Whether he is still in the city or not remains to be seen. *Max nods at the idea of the library, the thin Mekhet standing as he looks around the room.*

I'll go and make up something comfortable for you, if you'll give me a few minutes. Any preference in reading material?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread