Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
I Really Wish You Could

e
    exhominem

His hands wouldn’t stop shaking. He shoved them deep into his pockets, trying to keep them still. He concentrated, very hard, at the vinyl cover of the bar in front of him.

“Pour him a drink.” Darnell’s voice. He didn’t look up. Didn’t want to have to look him in the eye. He just stared at the bar. His leg began to jitter. Up and down. Up and down on the grimy floor. Beat-up Nike’s taptaptaptaptapping. A glass of scotch slid in front of him, and he tried to breathe.

“Tell us what happened.” Darnell again. A quick glance, and then back at the bar. Darnell didn’t look happy, arms folded and leaning back against the bar.

His hands shook as he took the drink, “’s just like I said on the phone, D. They jacked us.”

“Who?”

He put the glass down, it was shaking too hard for him to take a drink. The dull metal of Darnell’s holstered 9mm was staring straight at him, eye level.

“I dunno, D. I swear to god, I don’t. It wasn’t like anything you’ve ever seen. One minute, we’re jus’ sittin’ around, talking, the next minute, bodies start dropping.”

“What’d she look like?”

He shook his head, trying not to remember.

“Didn’t really see her… just… like, no eyes man, just like, two big holes in her head. All black, all over.”

“What about her mouth?”

The shaking was getting worse. He hugged his arms under his shoulders, burying them in the folds of his hoodie.
    “…No jaw. Just… gone. Like… nothin’ there. Nothing left. Jus’ empty. Like… nothin’ was coming out. Jus’ like you left her.”

His face slammed forward, into the bar. The glass sprayed away, spinning down the length of the bar. Blood sprayed from his mouth, arcing neatly. He felt the barrel of the gun pressed cold to his temple.

“That bitch is dead, mother****er! Dead! Just like your stupid black ass is about to be! You hear me, mother****er!? You talk about that shit again, I will end you.”

He had to laugh at that. A short little chuckle, at first, maybe a giggle or two through his already knitting shattered jaw and the blood, like copper pennies in his mouth. Laughing, as she stepped out of the shadows.

“Yo, D. At this point, I really wish you could end me.”

She stepped out of the shadows, Darnell was still turned away from her, still concentrating on Sands. It seemed like he probably hadn’t even noticed her yet. She palmed the piece of broken bottle glass in her hand, turning it slowly, preparing to strike…

Attack Roll

(Full disclosure, sorry I'm new, let me know if I screwed anything up; thanks)

initiative roll

The glass tears a solid wound into Darnell's lower back, near the kidneys. Blood begins to piss out, pumping onto the floor, agitating Spook's beast. She can't be sure if the animal howl is her victim's. The guy at the bar holds his nose, eyes widening. After the rabbit in the headlights routine, he leaps back, stool clattering to the floor. He flees upstairs.

Darnell turns, revealing an agonised grimace tinted with revulsion at Spook's appearance. In his desperation, he tries to get a shot off through Spook's face. His aim twitches, however and the shot rips clean through her gut - no mushroom, no pinball-effect - she barely feels it.

Spook takes 1 Bashing. Roll Res+Comp next turn to stave off a feeding frenzy.
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

e
    exhominem

Rolls

A horrible, alien noise gurgles menacingly out of Spook's throat, as if some strange beast, imitating human action, was trying to laugh. Her horrible maw gapes and twists as she stabs with a terrifying ferocity towards Darnell.

Defense 2 nullifies the damage (we take it off the right)

Somehow, Darnell twists out of the way of Spook's slash, knocking the shelf behind him and causing bottles to clink. He tries to say something before lunging for Spook, gun in hand. The effort misses entirely, spilling yet more blood. The thick, coppery scent is everywhere, fracturing the Haunt's senses. She hears the faint, brittle sound of glass breaking somewhere upstairs.

Darnell fails Grapple[COLOR="#6666ff"

e
    exhominem

Rolls

With a gurgling keen of rage, Spook lunges towards her victim. She grabs him by the throat, slinging him towards her and cranking back his neck to expose his throat to her impossibly wide maw.

Spook slams into Darnell, sending him into a heap, down in a pool of his own blood. The smell fills Spook's nostrils, fuelling the furnace that the Beast thrives on. Her senses are fractured, jumbled and amplified. She barely hears the pained groan escape Darnell's lips as he lands on his back, but the movement upstairs is deafening. Darnell grasps for Spook's wrist, attempting to take away the glass. Slick with blood, the shard comes out of her grasp and into his.

Spook's disarmed. No damage.

e
    exhominem

The Haunt spits ichor from it's ruined mouth, burbling in frustration. She attempts to bring her ruined fangs down upon her opponent's neck, but catches an elbow to her face instead.

Bite Roll

e
    exhominem

The Haunt spits ichor from it's ruined mouth, burbling in frustration. She attempts to bring her ruined fangs down upon her opponent's neck, but catches an elbow to her face instead.

Bite Roll

Spook's teeth scrape Darnell's neck but fail to close around it as he squirms desperately in her grip. She feels a sharp pain as he slams the piece of glass into her, shirt-cuff wrapped around the end. It catches her in the throat, creating a bloodless hole.

2 Sux Stabbing

Spook's at 2 Lethal, 1 Bashing

Closed Thread