Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Blood Pudding for the Soul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Neither of the after dark services were in English, but that didn't stop Lance from attending Mass and offering Confession. There were things he could not confess to, for both his and the priest's sake, but what he could confess to, he did.

And this helped him.

As he descended the steps into the parking lot, he resolved to learn more Spanish than the swearing, as well as Chineese for the other service. It wasn't right to attend a Mass when you couldn't understand it. The mind would wander without focus, which was something you needed to have in the house of God.

The night breeze was warm on his face and most of the morals had all ready left, leaving Lance to plan the rest of his night on his own...
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

Amelita Cardoso, Blood Potency •

Amelita had arrived at Mass directly from work at the Bee and wore a well-loved hoody over the neat nylons, pin-stripe skirt & blouse ensemble she had to wear. She supposed she was still a Catholic since she'd been turned, but the main draw Mass provided was the thread it gave her to her days.

She listened to the click-clack clatter of her pumps descending the stone steps. The sound came to an abrupt stop as her Beast seized her senses, wrenching her attention towards the guy ahead of her and blocking out everything else. The strange urge to fight him washed over her mind like a tide of selfish instinct masquerading as something logical and right. She quashed it with a frown and approached him.

"Uh, hey."
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

Lance Rayner, Blood Potency •
    The sound of her pumps grate on his ears, intruding on a moment of introspection. When she speaks, the thing around his heart twitches like a python with claws. Or a panther with coils, it's impossible to tell. The leather does an adequate job of hiding the sudden tension in his shoulders and back though. The jeans don't hide it in his legs nearly as well.

He turns around slowly, and he tracks her curves as he looks up the steps at her. "You know, back in San Fransisco I was the only one that kept going to Mass."
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

"Yeah, well, that's part of the appeal, isn't it?" Amelita ventured, warily, walking alongside Lance. She threw a few furtive glances at the others leaving the service.

"I'm Am."

Lance nods in silent agreement. "Lance Rayner. You been in... town long?" She looked about fifteen years younger than him, she felt about his age. Truth be told she looked like the kind of girls he liked to feed on, curvy enough to hold onto, young enough to have daddy issues and pretend that she doesn't. Except for the fangs, of course.

"Couple months," Amelita shrugged. Lance wasn't a name she'd heard around Sac.

"So I guess not. Haven't seen you at Mass before. You new?"

"In town, yes. I've been going to Mass for about sixty years now." He takes control of the walk, leading Am around the corner to where his bike was parked. "So I take it you aren't with one of the the Churches?"

Amelita Cardoso, BP •

"The Churches?" Amelita made a little clawing motion. "You mean like *grah* churches? Nope. Plain old Roman Catholic." She copped a lean against a wall and inspected Lance's bike.

The bike isn't anything impressive, just a beat up old Harley that's seen better nights. Lance lets her inspect his ride while he inspects her. "So Am, other than going to church, what do you do with yourself these nights?"

"I work," she replied, faux-bitterness in her tone. "When I'm not doing that I study. When I'm not doing that I do, y'know, *grah* stuff."

She has her fill of the weathered bike and leans back, turning to Lance.

"You?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread