Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Lois and Clar... um, Al.

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Simi looked over at the new guy and at first thought he was the waiter. She opened her mouth to begin her order when Al jumped up and started talking to the new guy, apparently Neil, at about moch 4. Her next thought was maybe this was Al's date, but when she heard what Al was saying she realized this must be just a friend. All of this properly processed, Simi extended her hand and gave Neil a smile.

"Simi, new girl. Nice to meet you. Say have you eaten here before?" She held up the menu and pointed to one of the pictures. "Simi was thinking of getting this sampler thingy and the four different barbeque sauces they offer but Si- I'm not sure how their fried foods are. Believe it or not you can screw up fried food. Old oil, stale breading, yuck. Simi just like to save her taste buds from that experience."
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Nightfall also attracts the same odd looks from some of the people sitting around them. However, many of their views are obscured as Al's tattooed waitress sets his food down in front of him and slides menus in front of his two companions.

"Here you go. Enjoy."

Her voice is just as flat and emotionless as before when she addresses the new arrivals.

"Hi, welcome to Maxine's. What can I get you to drink?"

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Oh, the sampler sucks, unless you're into grease-baths," Neil offered, giving the hand a delicate shake and following the pointing finger.

Or you're Spartan ... but he kept that tidbit to himself. In all fairness, the guy would probably eat anything. He was probably the Lost version of Mr. Fusion.

Arching an eyebrow at the stares, he almost leaned forward to hear the waitress' monotone. Scratch grease; they were boiling souls to fry their food in.

"Uh... do you have any bottled water?"

He didn't trust their taps.

As he asked, he looked at @Al-Adin and made a gesture around capped off with a shrug: Why the hell were they here?

Simi frowned at the menu as Nightfall gave his opinion. "Yeah but the barbeque sauce fixes everything." She said with a smile before watching the waitress come up to them with a skeptical look. What was wrong with this woman? If she disliked her job so much then why didn't she just quit.

"Bottled water works for me too, thanks. Umm can I also get the sampler thing here? I want it with the cheese fries too please. And the spicy barbeque sauce, the honey barbeque sauce, the house barbeque sauce and the smokey barbeque sauce." She looked down at the menu again with a frown before she closed it and handed it back to the waitress. "That should do it for me thanks."

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin kind of wonders what he ordered now, and why he was having such a hard time remembering why he can't remember. Nightfall gets him back on schedule
    "I was looking for an old friend of @Terri's, and my search took me here. Apparently they have great specials if you get on the mailing list. The owner is really specific about who gets on though, I don't think they'll let me." He passes across the half-filled in sign up slip, with its innoquous looking questions.

"Yeah, I like ketchup more than barbeque. Its delicious and smooth." He responds to Simi.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall has no idea what Al-Adin's trying to say, other than the Terri and here part.

"Oh? She work here or something?"

And what had brought on the 'life spiralling out of control' phone call?

He didn't know Terri had other friends.

Simi shook her head in dismay and made a face at Al-Adin. "Ketsup is gross. That vinegar stuff they use in it totally ruins the flavor."

She looked at Nightfall and tilted her head a bit, trying to get a different angle on his face. Nope, don't recognize him. Then she turned her attention back to Al. "So, where is this Terri's friend then? Did you catch up with him? Cause when Simi came over, she didn't see anyone sitting here."

She frowned in confision and wondered if this Al person was always this scattered. Since this Neil person seemed to be his friend, she decided just to get to the point and ask. "Is this normal?" She indicated Al with a wave of her hand.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

"no no no, she came here for a drink. Uhm, ahhh. Gahh I don't know how to say all this. I'm not good at this sort of thing."
    Sneaking, following, breaking and entering yes. But trying to have a convesration about something without letting other people know was tricky as hell. Too tricky. Al-Adin just wished he could come right out and say everything he found to his best friend, but he really couldn't here. Especially with all of the upset looks. Why did the baron have to make everything so complicated? why did he have to ruin this place. Its so not fair.

"I'll, uh, tell you about it after dinner. Its about the pictures. Her friend was in the pictures we found." Al-Adin tries one last ditch attempt.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall remains silent until the waitress leaves.

"Uh, what?"

He wasn't sure, but it sounded like Al had chased Terri's Fetch here, and stopped for a Death By Chocolate while she walked out.

"After dinner? Why... I mean, are you that hungry?"

Maybe Al was trying to roofie the new girl... far be it from him to step on his hustle.

Simi pouted at Neil's words. "Simi is that hungry." Her face fell half a second later as she realized that no one invited her to join in the crisis. "Simi hasn't eaten for-", she glances at her watch, "three hours now and my tummy feels like it's trying to eat itself. But Simi wants to help if you'll let me. New girl or not, one more hand can't be that bad right? Besides, Simi sure she can get her meal to go."

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread