Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Lois and Clar... um, Al.

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Simi walked into the restaurant and looked around. The colors and garish decore appealed to her immediately. She looked around to see if there was an empty table somewhere and noted the place seemed way busy. With a slight frown, she pushed her black and red striped hair off one shoulder and hiked her bright orange purse strap higher on the other shoulder. She was a little self-conscious. Normally it wouldn't bother her to be around so many people back home, but this wasn't back home.

She spotted an empty table and started to walk toward it with a slight sigh of relief. She inhaled the fragrence of the food on the tables she passed. The place smelled great. She took a seat the a small table and looked around for a waitress to flag down. She already had a good idea of what she wanted to eat, but she needed to make sure it was on the menu. The last place she was at was ok, but what kind of self-respecting breakfast place didn't have barbeque sauce?

She shook her head at the memory of the disappointment and set her large purse aside. She straightened the bright pink t-shirt she wore with her white, blue, and green striped pants. Her hair hung loose around her shoulders today and the darkness of the black contrasted with her pale skin. To those like her, she had a slight red tinge to her skin tone and an odd stripe of red scales that ran up her arms and disappeared under her short sleeves. She also had an interesting pattern on one side of her face that appeared to be made of very small red scales. Good thing she was Masked to normals, or she would definitly be getting some attention.

She grabbed up the small desert menu on the table to have something to look at while she waited for the waitress.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin sees the new changling walk in blissfully ignorant of the den of evil she's just stumbled into, the mass of Fetches that seem to be the clientelle, and without protection from the freehold pledge. He realizes that this follow-the-leader plan just got Abu'd.

He pulls out his phone and calls for reinforcements.

"Hey N-Niel, its me. I'm at the old orchestra and my life is spiraling out of control and could use some help. Lots of people from that photo shoot we went to in the office are here."
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Although Simi appears oblivious to the attention she is receiving, Al notices the newcomer is getting the exact same looks from the exact same people that stared at him when he entered. A few of them continue to send confused looks in his direction, often to the obvious bafflement of their companions. Looking even angrier, his "grabby friend" from earlier quickly pays his bill and herds his family out the door. As he leaves, he sends daggers at both Al and Simi. Meanwhile, Lois seems to have collected herself. Finishing her drink, she leaves a dollar on the bar before turning toward the exit.

Simi continued to look around, only now she was utterly confused. Why did the people in here look so unahppy? They're getting food. How can anyone be unhappy about that? She tried to look unconcerned as she continued to flip through the desert menu but her apprehension was mounting with every passing minute. She looked over to where the other hostile looks were being thrown and noticed another Lost sitting by himself.

Should she go over there and talk to him? Would the people here continue to give them nasty looks?

Who cares? Simi have just as much a right to be here as everyone else. Simi pay for food just like them.

Without giving it anymore thought, Simi stood up and walked over to the other Lost. "Hi, I'm Simi. I'm kind of new here." She glanced around again and leaned forward to whisper toward the monkey-like man. "Did you notice everyone staring at us and looking all unhappy? Why would they be unhappy? Food always makes Simi happy. Can I sit down?"

Let's have fun!
    Mask

PRE

"Hiya Simi. I'm Al." No names. Don't give them your name. This is not a safe place. We are up to our necks in deep trouble.
    How to convey that to her?
    "They aren't really unhappy. They just are surprised is all. They don't understand that we are nice people who just want to eat good food and drink good drinks."
    Al-Adin's smile is a touch forced, with flashes of worry now that he has someone else here who he has to protect. Hopefully Nightfall would come soon. This was all too far over his head. Every now and then his eyes stray to the employees only doors; concerned that they will spring open and the Baron will pop out.
    "So just be nice, and everyone else can be nice too."

Now Simi was even more confused and her face showed it. She opened her mouth to ask more questions, but Al looked so distracted she decided to just drop it for the time being. Instead, she plopped down in the chair next to him and gave him another smile. "Ok, Simi can do that. Er, I can be nice I mean."

She flinched slightly as she continued to talk about herself in the manner she was used to but everyone else seemed to find odd. "So um, what are you having? Have you eaten here before? Do you know if they have barbeque? I love barbeque. It's the best thing ever invented."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Simi's conversational topics seem to relax Al-Adin, his smile breaks open to reveal his usual one size too large grin of joy.
    "I haven't eaten here yet. But there are alots of good food places around here, and cool clubs and bars and stuff. This city is packed with places to go. Do you like mexican food? There are a few great places for that here, and they are cheap too."
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Simi paused and tilted her head as she thought about mexican food. "Food is food. Simi likes all kinds. Deep fried is the best though."

She opened her menu and scanned the choices before leaning over toward him. "If you haven't eaten here before then what are you planning to order? Simi was thinking of getting this thing here. See? It has a sample of all this stuff on the menu and comes with five different sauces." A broad grin came across her face as she thought about the variety of different foods she'll get to try.

She shook her head at the mention of bars and clubs. "Simi doesn't go to bars or clubs much. No one to go with. Not been here that long and all my friends moved far away a while ago. Got bored at the old place and decided maybe moving was a good idea."

She looked around with an unamused glance. "They got waiters here right?"

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Neil hadn't been to Maxine's since they'd been looking for Katrin and he was curious what brought Al back. It sounded like his little buddy was melting down.

Walking in, he looked around for a few moments, finally seeing the pair.

If it was still the Orchestra, he might have burst into song, he was so proud.

Was Al learning? When life gives you lemons...

...go get laid.

And thank god it wasn't that reject from Rio he'd been hanging around.

"Hey man, what's up?"
    he asked, approaching with a smile.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

PRE

"Niell!!!! Al-Adin's joy and happiness and all around good times meter maxes out. He puts a hand out to give the secret guy handshake number 2
    "Lots are whats up. This is Simi, she's new."
    He sits down, and gets a little quieter. "And apparently there are great coupon deals here for special people." His normal hand motions are much faster and jerkier, there seems to be stuff he's leaving out.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread