Daniel closes his bible with a snap "...I hope that you'll all find your way back here to me next Saturday night. And if you don't may the Lord carry you in his hands until we meet again."

Smiling humbly Daniel stepped down from the ramshackle pulpit, holding the holy book in both hands at waist level as he watched his flock - a ragtag group of welfare dependents, junkies, and a fair few homeless stood from the milk crates and mangled folding chairs that acted as pews. Daniel had set up a small church in a storage garage located within Roxie's domain. So far the owner of the site hadn't discovered his operation yet, and he was careful to remove any permanent indications of their presence after every service. This was done for a number of reasons, chief amongst them was to not give the local Hound any reason to consider his set up as stolen tenancy.

As his congregation dispersed one woman remained, approaching Daniel with some obvious trepidation. Seeing her Daniel extends his hand "Does something trouble you, Marcy?" he asks her.

Marcy was a middle aged woman, with a face lined by age, stress, and exposure to the sun. She had just recently moved into a home for impoverished women and had been having trouble not spending her welfare checks on Xanax and booze.

"Pastor Higgins." she says "I been thinkin about what you said about self control, and how my wantin the drugs is just the Devil's temptations, like Jesus had in the desert, and how I should strive to be like the Lord and resist those desires, but it's hard. I.. I just can't stand the world without that stuff, ya know?" She looks up into Daniel's eyes. Her own eyes pleading with his for an answer.

"Marcy." he says softly, placing a hand on her shoulder "Nobody can walk the path of the righteous for you. It has to be your decision to remove yourself from the path of sin. You can rejoice, though, for the Lord Jesus Christ walks with you every step of the way. Keep your heart open to him and walk in his footsteps. The Lord has plans for you, Marcy. Never forget that,"

Tears welled up in Marcy's eyes as Daniel spoke, and she wiped at them with the back of her hand "You're right. Thank you, Pastor."

"Bow your head. We'll pray together." Daniel instructs her, drawing her close. Marcy bows her head, closing her eyes and begins praying under her breath. Daniel waits only a few seconds before he leans forward and bites into the woman's neck.