Technique parked right in front of the Hostel - the handicapped parking, because he was just lucky enough that the guy whose job was to check this street for that very thing had just finished. He gets out of the Bentley, locks it remotely, and strolls through the front doors. His pencil-line mustache is neatly trimmed, and his clothes we designer this time around. The real question you should be asking, though, is who makes designer camo jeans?

He flashes a lady killer smile to the secretary, who raises a hand to object Technique walking up to the office door - when it opens. Rosh's previous business associates were departing just then, and he didnt have an appointment alotted for this time. Tech walks past the exiting visitors, closes the door behind him, and looks up to Rosh. "So two atoms are drinking in a bar. Suddenly, one says 'oh my god, i just lost an electron!' The other atom, obviously shocked, says 'are you sure?' and the first atom says 'Im Positive." He gives Rosh his best Joker's smile.

The is a sudden tug to the air. But without an obvious effect.
"Tech, was it? A funny joke" Rosh tries to smile. But it comes out wrong. "What brings you here?"

He smiles again, moving over to the guest chair in the office. "Business, mostly. Are we free to talk in here?" Damn the Gestapo. Making me worry about what i say where, and to who.

"We are now." Rosh winks and leans back in his chair. The office is small, filling cabinets line two walls.
I fact it seems more a storage space tlhen an office. There are no personal trinkets on the desk, no pictures on the wall.
The office is pretty generic. "Glad you caught me so fast. One of those guys is our new building manager. I was about to head out."

"Well i guess im just that lucky," he says with what certainly seems like a knowing smile. "Several others in the Consillium have joined with me to form a new cabal. Brent and Ariadne have both proven their worth and dedication - i was wondering if you would be interested as well?" Tech continues to lean forward in his chair, lacing his hands together in front of him. "If you hadnt saved my ass in the first place, i wouldnt be making this arrangement. We could use your knowledge and power to help fix this city."

The compliment feels good. Damn it felt good indeed
"Proven dedication. A cabal has a purpose. What is your purpose? How are you going to fix the city? What are you fixing?"
So you wish to build Metropolis? So oftent he Arrow and Council bickered. Yet they have so much in common.

Techniques face scrunches in disgust. "These stones arent the end. They are just a symptom of the problem. As an Arrow, i automatically look upon this with an enemy in mind - The Banishers. I may be right, i may be wrong, but they have done enough damage to Sacramento. They have used its mortals like pawns and playthings, have twisted the natural balance of the city, they have killed Consillium members. The death toll for the Arrow is staggering. Others have been scared away." He looks Rosh in the eyes, intent in his meaning. "People shouldnt be scared to come, to learn, to help."

Rosh nods in careful agreement. "That's all true. So how do you do that? Are you going to hunt down the Vermin?"

"I have started by helping arm the Arrows. I can provide weapons and obvious strategic support for any mission we undertake. Past that - the best we can do is interrupt any operations they have going. I cant promise we will completely stop whatever they are doing, or if we will all survive, but i know to not attempt is worse than failure." Tech shifts in the chair, almost uncomfortably, if not for a more subtle intent. The handle and hammer of his Desert Eagle was just now visible, and shit that was a big gun. Turns out when he said 'arming' he wasnt kidding.

Rosh's eye fall on the handle and he frowns. "I see. How long have you been with the arrow?" He looks back up at Tech, right at his eyes.

"Bout 3 years now, yeah." And by the spartan look of this place, i would have guessed an Arrow had set up shop here.

"I've watched people spin their wheels for that long in this city. They spin out and get tired and leave. They leave and nothing is done to stop the decay. That's what we face, Decay. It is both natural and planned. And to be honest, part of the Decay is my fault, and your fault. What makes us any different then them? This them.
Only thing keeping me from being them in your eyes is that you do not know half of the truth of my life. And the only thing keeping me from frying you here is that I like you and your ideology. If your gonna ask me to watch your back when the sky goes black and monsters reach out to rip us apart, if that is why you are here, then be honest. That gun of yours is absolutely powerless against me."
Rosh shrugs. "In fact that gun is more dangerous to you then it is me at this moment. Your gathering Neonates to head hunt Tigers in the jungle. And you come to the fucking Libertine for martial advice? What does Magister West think of you going vigilante? Service is Honor. Who are you serving right now? The City? The Consilium? Animus? You go out there with your supposed buddies and get yourselves killed or worse, and then who is any better for it?" Rosh gives a sigh to release some tension.

"So, convince me I'm wrong. Convince me you can reverse the Decay." Rosh then leans forward onto the desk, eyes intent on what and how Tech would reply.

Tech actually chuckles. "The gun is as much about the point as it is about the power. I dont need the gun to jump across the desk and throttle the life out of you." It is not said with spite, or anger, but something closer to complete neutrality. Like it was something the Arrow was absolutely sure about. "And you think i came here for martial advice? I did not expect you to even be trivially accustomed to those matters. You asked for a purpose and that is what i have so far." He stops for a second, gathering his thoughts together, specifically when the Libertine starts quoting the Adamant Way to him. "The first Oath i swore when i came was to the Consillium, and i have done nothing but try to strengthen the not-crazy section of Awakened society in Sacramento. And before you go off believing im some young whelp up to his ears in big dreams and unrealistic ideals - ive already done my part. Ive fucking killed to protect this city and the sleepers in it. You want proof i can reverse this decay? Shit, son, if i had that id be fucking Hierarch. But there aint nothin wrong with doing what i can do." He says the last bit with a certain, ehh, stiffness to his jaw. As if that was enough of an explanation itself, and be damned if the Acanthus would change his opinion.

Rosh smiles then. genuine. "Well. Your proud then. An idiot would have balked at what I just said. Instead you proved your able to stand alone before you come to anyone for anything. If you agree to keep that spirit, then I'll commit to give the Cabal everything I can." Rosh stands and offers a hand.

"Sorry about the test. A lot of Mages feel it necessary to wave their dicks about. They confuse power and bravado with wisdom. As you said. It's results and courage that matter."

Like the sphynx of old, or the riddle-strewn prophecies of ancient, intoxicated Oracles, none of the Enlightened should enter an agreement without gauging the other. "Its quite alright. Tell me, are you comfortable here? Safe? Me and Brent got a mansion up in Granite Bay. Shrub-maze and all. We have plenty of room, if you want, and security is tight." He chuckles to himself again. "Check it, i even have a pool in the shape of a dollar sign."
e
"There are memories here. They are not all good. It is too easy to predict where I am. I'll accept that offer. Though. My office wil stay here. My real office." He flicks some paper on the desk in disdain.

Tech takes a second to look around the office a second time, noting once again the sparcity. "You have much traffic through here? I have some business needs, for which a large, inconspicuous storage space would be greatly appreciated. I can offer you rent....or....?" Tech offers up a hand, wondering if Rosh was even interested in participating in....Well, he doesnt HAVE to know what hes storing, unless he wants to.

Rosh shakes his head. "Do you really want to store a bunch of stuff in a cheap Hostel bustling with despreate young people?"

Tech waves his hand at the worry. "I have desperate young people to keep it safe. If you dont want the attention here i dont really blame you. I still give a generous offer, though, should you accept."

"Sorry. I can't. I do need this office." Go get a storage shed or something. "You guys don't have some whacked initiation or something.. do you?" Best to ask the frat boys before the jaw-breakers were brought out.

Again, the rejection wasnt surprising, but still meant Tech would have to find other pipelines for the weapons. "Ha ha, naw man. We all probably need to get together and hash out some ground rules though." He checks his wrist, as if to look at the time - although its plainly visible the only watch he owns is on his other wrist. "Im free till, ah, whenever the fuck yall are ready to meet." He says, giving another grin.

"Alright then. It's been a pleasure. I'll walk you out. I need to get over to the church before those church ladies decide to stick me in the pot."
Rosh leads the way out of the Office and toward the lobby