DISPLAYED
Summer Solstice

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David takes the blood and nods to both of them, the light shimmers on his blood-tear stricken face. He dips his fingers into the cup and flicks his hand around the church floor, time dipping his hand once again.

"We take this, the blood of our fellows, the blood of our ancestors, the blood of our children."

"We take this, the gift of the Crone."

"We take this, the capacity to beseach the crone for her blessings, the capacity to use our innate gifts, the capacity to bind others to us."

He cups his hand in the goblet before throwing it out onto the floor.

"We sacrifice it, as an offering to the Crone, our mother, for protecting us to be to this night. We sacrifice it, as an offering to the Crone, our grandmother, for guarding our cousins to this night. We sacrifice it, as an offering to the Crone, our lifebring, who guards our future children. This is the summer Solstice, this is the time when death walks among us with his sword unsheathed. We beseach you, our Goddess, our Crone, to protect us from death."

He takes one final scoop and scatters it, leaving a little less than half of the blood in the cup.

He waits then, in silence for a full two minutes, before begining the next rite.

"This is also a time that we must celebrate, for even from the high noon of death, we have made new life. A new circle has been forged here. The Woven Circle. We have sanctified this place with our blood, and we have sanctified this circle with our souls. We now sanctify this circle, with a sacrifice."

He looks to Chris.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris tries to follow David with his eyes while moving his head as little as possible. When the silence falls he looks at the center of the circle, unblinking but with his eyes narrowed.

If the time for a sacrifice comes Chris rises, bows his head and walks away. He opens a door to a room that had been appointed as the 'supply room'. Good listeners hear him open a cage. Soon he comes back with a rabbit in his hands*. The Acolyte holds the pregnant rabbit carefully in both hands, yet the small creature seemed scared.

Makes sense when you're surrounded by three big predators.
    And he hands it over to David.

Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David grips the rabbit firmly, his hands pressing into the small creature as it whines pitifully and struggles to get away.

"We celebrate tonight the birth of new life. Ours is an infinite existance, the Crone has blessed us to last for eternity. And yet, far too often the Circle is broken. We are cut down, we are sundered, we are drive apart by malice, or drift away by complacency. All of these are struggles that we must overcome as a whole. We are a unified Circle, as the Crone is Unified. As she is made up of many aspects, so too are we made up of many vampires. We are all woven together by sacrifice, woven together by our beleif, woven together by the blessings of the Crone."

He slowly brings the rabbit's head into the goblet, the taste of the combined blood there overriding its fear as it drinks and drinks and drinks.

"The rabbit is often a symbol of fecundity. A symbol of untamed growth. Tonight it is a symbol for us. We who have spilt our blood now once as a symbol of mourning for the end of our fellows, and now we spill our blood again to celebrate our birth. We shall grow and prosper and become many. We have come from different cities, different sires, different existances. But we have been woven together by the Crone to worship her. And so we offer her this sacrifice."

He holds the no longer struggling, blood-drenched rabbit in his hand, and plunges the knife into its belly, ripping it open.
    5 small...things, too small and hairless and alien-looking to be considered baby bunnies, fall out of the Rabbits belly, amid the blood and gore of the dying and thrashing mother, who eventually lies still. David holds his blood soaked hands over his hand, the dead rabbit still firmly cluthced in one hand, and the bloody knife in the other.

"We are Woven Together."

"We are Woven Together."

"We are Woven Together."
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

W
    WiseGreen

Dana feels a thrill through her body, the joy of being once again a member of an active circle. This was a day of mourning, but also a day of birth.

"We are Woven Together."

"We are Woven Together."

"We are Woven Together."

Now, they were three. But soon, many more would revere the Great Mother, the Crone, the Ancestor to the People. She was proud to be there on that moment - the beginning of something new, something glorious. All that happened to her until now, even San Diego, was worth it.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris successfully tries not the shiver, somehow he always had more pity on animals than humans. However, this rabbit died for a good purpose, the purpose of the Crone.

"We are Woven Together."

"We are Woven Together."

"We are Woven Together."

Every time he says it he becomes happier. There is no bright clown smile on his face, but his expression is blissful. This was the moment he had waited for so long.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David holds his hands up as the others repeat the oath, and then continues to hold them up, stretching the silence that reins.

Finally, he lowers his hands, and places the knife on the lectern.

"The summer solstice is now concluded. Have either of your news to bring to the attention of the circle?"

Well, that went well.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris stays silent for another moment, hoping that Bogdana would come with some good news.

However, if that is not the case, he speaks in a soft voice, 'Yes I have, Hierophant Silver. Although it's not good. The few Kindred I was trying to bring closer to our Circle have not made any particular progress I am aware off. I have not noticed the possibilities being completely trailed off, but I shouldn't rush things such as conversion, for I could accomplish the reversed effect.'

Not to speak about the danger of having a *nice* little chat with our Bishop again.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"The Circle is not something that is easily entered into. For those who are interested, there is always the option of joining the chorus and leaving soon after. Many who are slowly iniated from the Chorus do not make it all the way." There is no tone of rebuke, but David's voice is far from comforting or pleased. "Continue your efforts. I would like you to spend an evening this month in the river. Search the flow of its current, and speak to me what you find."
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

W
    WiseGreen

"I still haven't conducted the task you've set upon me, Hierophant. I had some... difficulties, for only some nights ago I finally got a proper, more definite Haven. I will come back with better news when we meet again."

"Also, there's a newly embraced Haunt on the domain, her name is Riley. She's childer to a member of the Ordo Dracul, and she's expected to become a Dragon by her sire, but maybe she could be convinced otherwise. I'm not sure if the dragons would see that as we crossing them, though."

"There was a young Gangrel that might join us, but he was banished from Court, and I haven't heard from him since."

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David's stare is unblinking and full of disappointment. "I see. If the task is too difficult; I am sure I can find something easier for you." His tone and body language quite clearly say that seeking the easy option is the wrong choice.

"The newly embraced are rarely ready to accept the Crone. She is dark and violent and mysterious, things not conducive to a long unlife unless one is well prepared. Continue to seek her friendship if you so desire, gentle probbing is the best way to see how she responds to violence, blood, and sacrifice. A good question would be what she thinks of suffering."

"Until his banishment is revoked, I have no interest in having such a gangrel join us. I should hope that taking in such a refugee from the Prince's wrath would be seen as a foolish choice already."
    His tone suggests that he is doubtful she had thought that far ahead.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread