Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
171 - 180
DISPLAYED
(1106) Summer Festival

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 18 of 24 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Last

Fu
    Fu

PRE

Fu looks at Faith with a blank look on his face. "Why would I kill someone I consider a friend and a fellow member of our Court? Not to mention a member of the freehold?" He puts it bluntly, wondering why she had even worried. Do they think I am just a dog? Fu looks around at the gathered changelings, watching what cohesion there was slip away. "Be quick brother" He says at last to Spartan, looking at Faith as he does.

PRE

Rust moves his hand quick and grabs Nightfall's wrist pulling his hand in rather then away. His nails bite flesh. Rust doesn't struggle as he meets Nightfall's eyes and he speaks back softly. His grating voice making overhearing a chore.

As he finishes he seems to move forward. But then a voice catches a wind. Rust stops, his eyes quickly fall back on Nightfall. "Tell me you heard that too. I'm not that insane am I?" He drops his hand from Nightfall's arm and begins to look behind him.

m
    miniatureian

Numb, Terra followed Terri. The hand not holding Rick's is touched lightly, a worried Terra giving the world puppy dog eyes and trying to comfort herself by holding someone.
    sad eyes
    i see wrath here, yes. But I see fear as well and sorrow, from some. desire, though, is spring here at all? even though it just handed the crown off. what do i want? rust is an irreversible process. i want rust to have a purpose behind this. i want my first family to be...whoa voice. voices are bad. They expect us to be broken. so different from humanity is such different ways that we'd never get along. but that's exactly what helps us. here i am, momentarily drowning in sorrow and fear, when i usually depend so much upon desire, yet it is my desires that make me care, that give rise to that of autumn and winter inside of me. why can i not word this right, why can i not open my mouth and say this in front of all these people? -coward-

Mimicking the voice that whispered, Terra soaks herself in glamour like liquid courage.
    "Where are you going, Rust? Albeit new here, I have high hopes for this freehold. I hope that it's sovereigns are the wisest of us, leading in ways we did not know we needed to grow. Teaching us maybe, the depth and struggle of wrath. Demonstrating, in light of recent events, the importance of having the right sovereign on the throne. Reminding us that death is the consequence for not listening to one another or thinking that I can do the job better alone.

At the same time, I hope that we have not lost enough of our humanity to see that rulers can make mistakes. Mistakes best met with grace and mercy so corrections can be made easily instead of hardening hearts despite their better judgement. And our fey existence is more stressful than mortal minds might imagine. If we cannot forgive, are we better than those that twisted and warped our bodies beyond salvage?"

L

As Teri's hand finds his Rick gives it a familiar, reassuring, squeeze. Then his head snap-swivels around, liked those of a raptor are wont to do, as he hears the voice. Keen eyes confirming what he'd already pretty much known, there was no one readily apparent as its source. Though he was pretty certain of where it did, in fact, come from. But that was probably a revelation the Freehold didn't need now, of all times. So he avoided so much as staring at that source.

Then he turns to find, oh god, why was he getting puppy dog eyes? But at least he knew how to answer that. Or was pretty sure he did, at least. "We do hope that the Sovereigns are among the wisest in the Freehold, as I know I strive to be. But they can still make mistakes like the rest of us, and when they do those mistakes can reverberate throughout the Freehold." Crunk, HAL, Sam...he'd seen the Freehold rocked when each had succumbed to temptation, been pushed past their breaking point, given in to fear. In no instance had the results been pretty. "And forgiveness is possible," Sam himself was proof enough of that, "But it's never immediate. All wounds take time to heal. And if a Freehold cannot trust their Sovereign both will suffer. Spartan was wise enough to see that, and thankfully Rust heeded his council."

S
    Spartan

Spartan looked into the Flamesiren's eyes and was lost for a moment. Lost in the swirling fire and then finds himself returned. Spartan looks to Faith, "Not unless forced." Spartan answers her question honestly.

Spartan looks to Rick and gives him a head nod as he walks over to Rust, seeing the disturbed look in the Lion's eye. "What did you hear brother?" Spartan asks, yes he is still his brother. Blood is still thicker.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Finding a small lull in the conversation, and noone particularly eager to intercept her, Faith takes a single, deep, exasperated breath. A girl's gotta do... With her usual confidence and not-very-subtle way, she approaches Nightfall, and motions him closer with two fingers. "Yo, Pointy, got a minute?" The tone isn't exactly demanding, but it doesn't exactly leave room for the word 'please' either. More like a 'you better have time'.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Not much one for being 'summoned', or called names, Nightfall ignores the other Fairest and rejoins Alice.

The voice, where do I know it from? Terri wondered as she looked round also, chills running down her spine. She did not need this, it was supposed to be a fun evening, a night away from the madness outside.

Now, it was being brought to their very throne room.

"Who was that?" she asked, looking to Rick and making sure Terra was still nearby.

L

Rick's fingers and hand moved slowly, but surely against Terri's. Pressing into her palm much as he imagined Helen Keller must have communicated back in the day, shielded from view as he made five simple letters.

C R O W N

K
    Kazakin

Rook's eyes scanned the area as he heard the voice, his lips pressed into a thin line. Oh, for fuck's sake, what now? He couldn't see anyone that hadn't been there before, and he was pretty sure it wasn't in his head. Relatively sure, anyway. Not that you could usually tell with the madness that the Wyrd brought.

Watch. Wait. Protect the others if it's a threat.

Page 18 of 24 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Last
Closed Thread