Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
151 - 160
DISPLAYED
(1106) Summer Festival

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 16 of 24 First ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Last

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"We don't misunderstand anything, Rust," Nightfall said.

"You're fucking nuts."

"Now, your best friend just told you that you were fucking nuts, and your answer is that the only person fit to be King is whoever can kick your ass? Because if you call me a coward again, I'll show you just how smart that criteria is. Don't call me a coward when you spent years hiding from anything dangerous or meaningful that's happened,"
    he said, moving to separate himself from anyone nearby.

"Your crime is cowardice. You fear that without that Crown, you'll return to being a forgotten, meaningless piece of shit paralyzed by fear and dreaming of hate."

Oh, the Rose has Thorns.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice nodded when Neil had said he was heading back to the house indicating that she would be joining him soon. She stood around for a bit watching the turn of events. She was pleased that spartan, while serious seemed to have the freehold and his own court's best interest in heart. He seemed to be a better guy than she had given him credit for.

Rust's attitude disturbed her a little. He seemed troubled on several levels and his views on hate kind of brought that to the front. She also felt her wrath rising and matching her fiance's own at the fact that Rust saw the rest of the freehold the way he did, including her.

"Cowards? After everything you have seen about me the countless stands I have taken on issues in defense of the freehold down to the scar on my face. I bear daily, wearing it as a badge for all to see, which is a constant reminder of my promise to stand in defense of this freehold, every citizen and their desires."

She approached Rust yet remained a distance of about ten feet. She felt that nightfall's words were very true and had needed saying, however, she had one last appeal to make. There wasn't a look of challenge but of anger as well as a strange mixture of sadness.

"You honestly see the rest of the freehold as weak and cowardly?" Alice glanced around the room drawing Rust's attention to those around them. "Individually we can be. But we stand together as a freehold our differences give us strength while tempering our extremes to help us reach a balance. I look at this freehold and see a collection of allies, brave souls who only need to be shown an example of courage in the face of the Gentry and their agents. They need someone to stand with them, comfort them in their sorrow, chase away their fears, understand their anger and need for revenge at what was done to them, and understand their own hearts to find out what it is that makes living worth it. We are not complete without each other and the freehold makes up one body and one voice. You don't stand alone Rust we are all here for you, how can you forget that?"

"This isn't about a crime it is about finding yourself and that there are people who care about you. Compassion is weakness? Compassion is our source of strength through it all the other emotions of the courts are manifest. In fact wrath can be born of compassion! Where is the wrath of protection? The wrath that protects that what is important to you and who would threaten to harm those that you love and care about? Fear can lead to wrath and there is no shame in feeling it. For everyone of us fears the gentry and if you tell me you do not...then you are a liar. Desire can lead to wrath and lastly wrath can lead to sorrow or regret. Wouldn't a champion reflect the wrath of your season in all of these ways and more? Wouldn't they bear the anger to protect that which they care about and the freehold that supports them?"

3. Likes West liked this post
    S
    Spartan

Spartan holds up a hand to those talking to Rust. "Brother, King, Warrior, Lion, Your time as Summer Sovereign has come to an end. It is time brother." Spartan picks up his weapons and sheaths the sword. Then stepping down from the dais Spartan waits for the response. Spartan knew there would be another speech first but he would wait.

Spartan's rusted gladius stayed in his right hand. Spartan's mantle seemed to swirl more around that right hand then the rest of him, as if there were a trigger waiting to be pulled so the glamour could work its magic.

Kaito

Kaito had remained silent watching the events unfold. Cowards? Just who does he think he is calling a coward? He did Jack shit while Katrin was missing, decided to bury is head in the sand. Dear Rust, the only coward here is you.

Kaito smiled when Nightfall spoke, it was classic Nightfall. He had a good point. Her own Queen had simply left. Perhaps she did not agree with this or perhaps she was that disgusted with Rust she felt that she had to remove her self from this horrible situation. How could Rust order a member of the freeholds death so casually? They fight to the death against Arcadia, but do do so within the freehold would give the Gentry exactly what they wanted. A weaker freehold and a bigger divide than there already was.

Alice had a very good point, one that she hoped Rust would listen to. The situation in the Hollow Commons was getting a bit tense.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

S
    Smoo

Sweet Tooth moves up next to Spartan, Autumn standing shoulder to shoulder with Summer.

“Well King Mufasa you sure did pick a HAL of a way to take your crown ... sorry Sweet Tooth meant a hell of a way,” said the clown shaking his head in bemused amazement. If the shit goes down united we stand.

Fu
    Fu

PRE

Fu crosses his arms as Spartan agrees to fight but not to the death. That works with him, Fu doesn't feel like dieing today. Rust going off the deep end wasn't too motivating as well. Don't make me Rust. The claws never retracted as he had folded his arms. A stone eyebrow raises as Fu takes several long moments to get what Spartan was implying. Ballsy to ask for that right now.

Fu remains silent as proclamations are made. He gives small nods to Nightfall and Alice, not wanting to provoke Rust but feeling it was necessary. This talk of cowardice does nothing to phase Fu, why should he care if someone calls him a coward? He has a duty to do and will do it even if it means everyone will hate him. Summer gave him a home and he will repay that debt. His eyes never leave Rust and Spartan, watching both closely, waiting to break up a fight.

PRE

One mistepp will kill a man.It does not matter what Rust says or does.He takes the crown from his head and sets it on the throne."Wear it better then I could"And Rust marches for the door the same way he came.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus' jaw drops at his king's declaration. He steps in front of Rust as the king of beasts tries to make his dramatic exit. The metalflesh keeps his voice low and controlled. Only those very close to the elementals would be able to overhear his words.

"Just what in the bloody hell are you playing at? Please tell me that I haven't devoted all of my time and effort to a total and complete nutter. This was all just a test, right? There has to be some meaning to it. I refuse to accept that you would demand the life of a brave man for a bloody Court Title, yet discard the Crown of our Freehold as if it were meaningless. You're our king. You're my king. You promised to lead us. So, lead us... for fuck's sake."

Marcus stands in front of Rust with his arms crossed, waiting for some sign that his trust in Sam's successor wasn't misplaced.

10. Likes West liked this post
    p
    panik

Back at the bar Abigail is silently watching the summer farce. She listens carefully at the words said and the insults exchanged. Her mantle comes alive with silent gusts of cold wind accompanied by lonely snowflakes and the weak melody of a carillon. It awakened fueled by her sorrow that through out the heated discussion had only grown. All the fairest wants is to stand up and talk. Talk about how crazy the summer sovereign requests were. To stand up and tell him that the compassion he hated so much was the only thing that separated all the changelings present from those crazy captors that turned their lives inside out. She wants to show him how his actions spoke only of weakness. But she didn't.

Like a proper Winter she remained silent and observant. She knows her place in the system and so she allows this madness go on with out her intervention. She wants to leave, like her queen already did, but her body wouldn't let her. So she just remains at the bar drinking. Drowning the requests that her heart commanded but her duty wouldn't have her fulfilled.

K
    Kazakin

Rook watched from behind his sunglasses, his metal eyes unmoving. He shook his head slightly, his expression disappointed. He saw Marcus move in towards the King, although he couldn't overhear. He didn't want to overhear. No doubt Rust would sell himself cheaply again, debasing the entire principles of the Iron Spear for his own warped vision and desperate need to hate.

It's not much of a principle if you don't stand by it, is it Rust? the Metalflesh thought. If you really believed all this hatred bullshit, you'd stand by it even if it meant the Freehold hated you. But you ran. Coward.

"Congratulations, Summer King,"
    he said to Spartan, through metal teeth and a frozen, stony expression. Right now, he wanted to be anywhere but here. How he hoped that no one else could cheapen Summer further.

Page 16 of 24 First ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Last
Closed Thread