Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
Preach to the Preacher

Page 8 of 11 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last

The Preacher watches as Mask's are dropped around him, keeping his dark eyes steady before finally smiling wide showing his brilliant white teeth. At Sweet Tooth's question, Brother Lucas chuckles mirthlessly, sweeping out an arm to show the shelves of books in his study as he adds with his Southern accent, "I am afraid you'll have to be more specific, Sweet Tooth. As you can see, I'm quite the collector."

Anyone feel free to roll Wits + Empathy

L

"If I remember correctly...it is referred to by some as The Book of the End." Rick lets his own strengthened mask fall as he speaks, revealing himself for what he had become and letting the winds of his mantle unfurl to swirl throughout the room. "Last summer when a Gentry known as The Ear of Truth lurked in the Hedge nearby it sent its agents out to attempt to find it."

S
    Smoo

Hoody freakin hoo

PRE

Rust keeps his Mask strong standing back from the conversation. Unable to hide his disapproval.

The book was Lucas'. Rust wondered if he could keep it that way. He only meant to take it as a precaution against the Preacher's lack of cooperation.
    Now that was not a danger, the Book ought to stay with the owner. Rust certainly liked the Preacher more then those seeking the secrets he held.
    He had almost hopped the book forgotten. Clearly not.

In the end there was little Rust could do to stop Rick, not without doing his Brother injury. A careful nod is given Marcus and a short bow to Brother Lucus. "I should go. Brother Lucus, You have my number and my aid. Marcus."

Rust steps away to leave after the small army out of the office.

"Of course, thank you," the Preacher said as Rust Mane departed. Before answering any questions of a book, the Darkling looks to those remaining, a puzzled frown on his pale features. "Was it somethin' I said?"

L

"I...have no idea. I don't pretend to understand everyone all the time. Because, well," he gave a slight, depreciating, shrug as he motioned towards blue skin and misted feathers, "Elemental."

Speaking of Elemental

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus returns his former king's cautious nod as the metal lion leaves the room before the issue of this mysterious book is finally settled. The metalflesh just barely keeps himself from rolling his eyes at Rust Mane's feckless nature. Marcus briefly wonders if Rust is even the least bit capable of finishing anything he starts. He finds some consolation that at least it will no longer affect the entire Court.

Typical.

Focusing back on the issue at hand, Marcus rummages in his rucksack for a moment before he pulls out the book he had recovered from the Bogeyman's Hollow. He holds it out to Rick before sliding his gaze toward Bother Lucas as he speaks.

"I suppose now's as good a time as any for you to have a look at this. I found it in the Hollow of Owen's kidnapper. It seemed to tell him that we were coming for him. Does that sound at all familiar?"

I got nuthin'

p
    panik

Abigail doesn't visibly react to Rust's announcement. However her usual glow slighly dims as the bright one feels saddened by Rust's irrationality. However this change can't be seen by the other changelings as her mien is still hidden beneath her strengthened mask.

After a quick glance to the tome just produced by Marcus, Abigail tries to observe the preacher's reaction to the unveiling of the book.

Wits+Emp

As Marcus reveals the book, Brother Lucas' eyes widen as his red pupils focus on nothing but it for several seconds. He makes a slight movement, almost as if to snatch it from the Metalflesh's grasp but just as quickly restrains himself. "My pardon, may I take a closer look?" he asks, an obvious hunger suddenly in his voice as he looks Marcus in the eyes.

Marcus involuntarily tightens his grip on the book when he sees Lucas' reaction. However, the metalflesh reflects that they do have the darkling well-outnumbered... just in case the preacher tries anything dodgy. Marcus stares back at Lucas for a second before looking at Rick, to see how his fellow elemental wants him to proceed.

Page 8 of 11 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
Closed Thread