Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Preach to the Preacher

Page 2 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    L

"Oh, yeah, sorry." Sometimes it was easy to forget who all knew what. But that's why they had debriefings like this, right? To make sure everyone knew everything they needed to. "But it's like Rust said, it's a book that a Gentry who used to lurk around here wanted very badly." So of course it went without saying that it would be a bad idea to leave it in the hands of a mortal.

"We'll probably have to reveal that we're all 'Lings eventually, but I'm not sure we want to let him know that right off the bat." Which...he supposed was a stance made obvious enough by his hardened mask. "Revealing that might be useful in knocking him off balance, so to speak. And I don't think we all necessarily have to speak to him at once. If some of us can see if he has any surprises in store there, or where he might keep the book in case things go south..."

S
    Smoo

“Well believe it or not Sweet Tooth isn’t really known for being subtle or stealthy,” said the clown. “Sweet Tooth saw himself being part of the group talking to the Preacher but hanging back a bit at first and playing the Fred part and if things start going pear shaped Sweet Tooth can look after himself or provide a bit of muscle as needed.”

p
    panik

Abigail returns Marcus' shy handshake and for a moment she stares at the tattoos embellishing the elemental's body. "I'm Abigail."

When Rust mentions the interest of the Gentry for the book a very cold shiver runs across the bright one's spine. If her back would have been visible to the other changelings they would have seen something resembling a soothing star crossing her pale skin. After having cast away the unpleasant thoughts the fairest gathers the courage to speak. "To be frank I'm not much of a fighter but I am pretty good at disguising myself. I could search the church for the book while you guys talk with the preacher. So in case he doesn't cooperate we could take it from him with minimum efforts."

L

Pear shaped? It wasn't a phrase Rick was all that familiar with. But given the context its meaning seemed easy enough to divine. And he offers a nod to both Sweet Tooth and Abigail, "If that's where you think you'll do the most good." Rust would undoubtedly want to speak with Lucas too, and with the possibility for trouble letting Abigail isolate herself didn't seem wise. So his gaze wandered over to Marcus, "Stay with her in case she needs back up?"

And supposing Marcus didn't have any objections, and Rick doubted he did, they should be all good to go then.

Marcus nods toward Rick and stays close to Abigail as he waits for the signal that they would start making their way to this mysterious church.

PRE

And Rust gives that signal. In tranist his skin melts off and his hair deepens in color till a strong and intense gentleman leads the band toward The Church.

Glam Spent to strengthen the Mask

L

Rick, for his part, falls into step alongside his fellow King and makes his way over to the church too. Hopefully things worked out well. He really, really, hoped that things went well. Since there was far too much potential for the situation to go FUBAR than he could really be at all comfortable about.

p
    panik

Abigail follows the lead of the two kings and walks towards the church. The situation was making her feel a bit nervous but she's trying to not show it. She tries to be strong.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus stays close to the Fairest as she puts on a brave face.

"Don't worry, Abigail... just stick close to me, alright?"

Walking up to the front of the church, the group notices that it is apparently an old storefront that has been painted white and converted into a place of worship. An inexpertly painted sign above the door declares it to be the Church of the Seraphim: A Light in the Darkness. They also notice that the words Night Ministry are painted in black upon the front door, and unlike many of the other buildings in this part of town, there are no signs of any gang tags or vandalism. As they walk inside, they are greeted by a cheerful, but rather tired-looking middle-aged woman.

"Well, hello there. Welcome. You're a little bit early for this evening's service, but please make yourselves at home if you'd like to wait."

L

Evening's service, he had evening services? Wonderful...so much for a chance to talk to Lucas without anyone else really being around. And it certainly did nothing to quell his worries about all of this.

Oh well, c'est la vie. All you could really ever do was make the best of what was thrown at you. So for now he put on his best serene smile. "Why thank you for your generous welcome. And would you happen to be able to tell us if your congregation's preacher would be available to meet privately any time tonight? We were hoping to be able to speak with a Man of God."

Page 2 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread