Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
91 - 100
DISPLAYED
Preach to the Preacher

Page 10 of 11 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
    L

"Can you tell us what you learned from The Book of the End?" That had, after all, been their secondary objective for coming here. Though as enthused as Lucas was with the new book Rick supposed it wasn't too terribly surprising that he'd forgotten about the other one. Not that Rick moves to take it back from him, it was Marcus's as far as he was concerned...even if he was hoping to get a good look at it later.

Marcus somewhat reluctantly accepts the book from the preacher with a look of slight unease on his metal features.

Did he say human flesh? Ugh...

The metalflesh holds it out to Rick with a questioning look just in case his fellow elemental wishes to have a look at the book before they leave. With the way things usually happen, he can't be sure when the Autumn King will have another opportunity to examine the strange tome.

"Yes, what can you tell us about the book in your possession?"

Book of the End? That doesn't sound quite right...

"If I remember correctly, I believe the shade of the Ear's Scribe called it the Book of Revelations. Is it also a Book of Sorrow?"

Marcus shivers almost imperceptibly as he recalls that macabre interview at Treasured. The Summer Courtier really does miss HAL... except when he doesn't.

p
    panik

At the revelation that the book is covered in human skin a shiver of disgust runs down Abigail's spine. Maybe it's the fact that Brother Lucas is an Autumn or maybe because he just took a long sniff from an old book covered in human flesh but, by now, the fairest finds him a bit creepy.

For the moment Abigail remains in silence waiting for the preacher to dispense more information about the Book of End.

Lucas seems to sag and hangs his head. When he next speaks, he does so, his voice is more serious.

"Are you sure you want to know about this? Knowledge can be a dangerous habit, and once it is addicted to, whom knows the path it can lead you down."

In no way were his words a threat, instead more of a warning.

L

Rick's response is delayed slightly as he feels his phone buzz in his pocket, which he promptly fishes out to take a glance at. Whatever the message he'd just received was, it brought a scowl almost immediately to his face. One thing at at a time.

His fingers seem to move almost tersely as he punches out a quick reply, then returns his attention to Brother Lucas. "Yes," he was the Dread Lord, what terrible secrets lurked in the world were his duty to learn. "I'm sure."

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus lets out a bit of a sigh at the preacher's hesitation.

"Well Brother, it appears that the path has already found its way under our feet, now doesn't it? Otherwise, we wouldn't be here, would we? I for one, would rather know what we've gotten ourselves into before we go any further."

"Fine, fine," Brother Lucas finally says as if beaten. Walking around to the otherside of his desk, he takes a seat and as he does so his disturbing mien fades away as the Mask becomes solid once more. "From what I know, there are four such books, also known as the Books of Revelations," he begins holding up a hand with four fingers extended, the sucker maws hidden again. "I have already told you about the Apocalypse of Matthias," he informs, dropping one finger. "There is also the Apocalypse of Giovanni, or the Book of Fear, the Apocalypse of Luciana, aka the Book of Desire." Two more fingers disappear. "Finally, there is the Book of Wrath, the Apocalypse of Marius." Lucas says as his hand becomes a fist, "Now, it is written that no single person can ever be allowed to own all four otherwise, and let me get this correct....oh, yes. To own all four would unleash the Four Beasts and bring forth the Apocalypse." Once finished, Lucas removes his spectacles and pinches the bridge of his nose, breathing deeply. "There, I do believe that is all I know on such matters, information that has taken me many years to gather."

L

""Four Beasts, Apocalypse? That's the prophecy Rust told me about a while ago, isn't it?" His mind was also churning as it spun through the various implications. With one worrying thought in particular coming to the forefront of his mind. With two of them already here, were the books somehow gathering in Sacramento? "Regardless...it seems we must take care to keep the books separated as much as possible. Perhaps we shouldn't bring them together like this anymore."

p
    panik

With quiet attentiveness Abigail listens to Brother Lucas. During the explanation she briefly nods to show that she is following. Although she's skeptical about the apocalyptic prophecy, the bright one still considers the matter important. After all, a book that can foresee future events is not something one can ignore.

"If I may Brother Lucas, I have two questions." the fairest takes a small pause to formulate the first one. "First, what is the origin of the four books? Are they a product of the Others or the human world?" The fairest might already know the answer but she just wants to be sure. "And second, we can account for the location of two out of the four books. Do you have any information regarding the two remaining tomes?"

The preacher nods in agreement to Rick and when Abigail asks her questions, he steeples his fingers, pondering. Finally he answers. "I'm afraid I simply do not know, on either points. I can only imagine they were written in Arcadia but of course, I wouldn't be as surprised if a mortal wrote them after stumbling through. Obviously, this is only my opinion. As for where the other two copies could be, I can only suggest looking for anyone that may, or could be, swayed by such powerful magic. The books are insidious to the weak minded."

Page 10 of 11 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
Closed Thread