Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Preach to the Preacher

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    L

After alerting everyone whom had displayed interest in investigating the Hedge to him Rick found himself waiting at the designated meeting spot. Two blocks away from the church, and certainly not within its line of sight. At a time where, hopefully, there wouldn't be too many people present. Outside of regularly-scheduled worships, but Lucas himself should be there to hear confessions. And he was the one they really needed to talk to.

It might take the other Lost a second to recognize him. Gone was the blue skin, misted feathers, and golden thorns. Instead his skin was a more natural hue, with bare forearms and dark hair atop his head. And even if they could see beyond his strengthened mask he looked more like a Truefriend beneath it than his regular combination of Kiths. He didn't know if Tickle had ensorcelled the people at this congregation or not, and there was always the possibility that they'd found something in the Hedge that allowed them to pierce it. And with this whole thing being played by ear, he didn't see any need to tip his cards right away or make it too easy for Lucas to identify him at a later date.

So for now...he waited for everybody else to arrive.

Disguise Stuff

p
    panik

Abigail arrives at the meeting spot ten minutes after Rick has sent the message. When she received it she was out while trying to grab something to eat so as she crosses the road to reach the Autumn king she still holds in her left hand a half eaten hot dog covered in mustard and crumpled up tissue in the other.

When she reaches the other changeling she takes another bite and almost stains her large rolling stones t-shirt which she's wearing over a pair of jeans shorts. Her blond hair is fashionably messy.

"Hi, there. Sorry if it took me so long." Abigail says once she has finished chewing the meaty deliciousness.

-1 G to strengthen mask

S
    Smoo

With a gurgle and a splutter a little yellow vespa scooter pulls up at the kerb. Sweet Tooth is wearing what is, for him, a fairly unobtrusive chocolate and tan shirt. Otherwise he is wearing his normal black boot cut jeans and hiking boots.
    The Scooter

The Shirt

The clown checks out the other ‘lings. “Ah, incognito ... good idea,” said the clown. Then wrinkling his forehead in concentration he takes on the appearance of a rather unassuming balding man in his middle years.

“So when we meet this Preacher Sweet Tooth is gonna keep his name to himself, or at least use a fake name, that way we can get a free look at what he is afraid of. If the opportunity comes up of course,” he said. “Maybe Fred, what do you think does Sweet Tooth look like a Fred?”

PRE

Rust passes once before pulling back around to park nearby. He wears slacks and a blue polo pressed and neat. A business man with hair/mane puled back in a neat tie and left to hang down his back.

He greets Rick with a quick smile before turning to study Abigail and Sweet Tooth.
    "Fred. Like Freddy Kruger?" Rust's reply is serious but he hurries his attention to move on to his brother King.
    Rust hates clowns.

"Rick, If we can settle this smoothly. I'd appreciate it." Rust repeats, more for the benefit of the others then for Rick. "I take it you two are working with Rick. Thanks for coming." His expression hints more that Rust would rather they had not come, but only just. Abigail gets a grateful nod for her strengthened Mask. Though Rust hardly seems to recgnoise her. Maybe she was one of Ricks too?
    "Did you have plan for the inevitable fallout? I'm hopeful, but not convinced we can do this with words alone."
    Rust has a plan and it is simple and bloody. If Rick had a plan, it was probably better.

L

"I think Fred would work." It may have been hard to picture the flamboyant, almost over the top Sweet Tooth he'd come to know as a Fred. But the relatively nondescript, middle-aged man before him using that name...he could see that working. More importantly...he could see it fitting. A name had to fit, that was something he firmly believed. It was why, even with his Fetch disappearing years ago during that ambush, he went by Rick Pereg instead of the name he'd been given at birth. Rick was who he'd become, who he was now. His birth name...just didn't fit anymore. One of the many changes forced upon him in that awful place.

"I'd prefer to do it smoothly too, I hate seeing mortals get involved in our messes. But...we have to prepare for the worst." Because it happened with disturbing regularity. "If things go badly, I wouldn't doubt that a fight could break out, and that'll probably be ugly. I wouldn't even be surprised if he has cold iron in there. Our priority would almost certainly have to be to get out, grabbing the book if we can. We're not trying to beat them up or anything. The Hedge is a viable escape route. We don't have to worry about keeping it a secret, and mortals can only open it by fulfilling certain conditions. Even that's just if the gate they're using has a key. I can play rearguard as if necessary to keep them from following through the gate. With the contracts I have, I can certainly get away from them."

"But...if we can manage to do this peacefully, the easy way, that's far and away the preferable solution."

PRE

"Right, can you make off with the book while under your contracts?" Different Contracts did different things. Rust knew enough to be dangerous. "If so, if we have to fight. You should probably hold the ball." Rust looks at the two Autumns. Their plain cloths and plain faces lent them a perception of fragility.

"You guys be careful. We do not know what this man is capable of nor how far he is willing to go. The last thing you want is to be captured. Run if you can't fight. I will certainly do the same." Rust smiles to try and convince the point. If catastrophe came, it would be a luxury to be so... discerning. "I'm ready, shall we do this?"

S
    Smoo

“Book ... what book? So it sounds like the two have access to a bit of info that we could all do with knowing,” said Sweet Tooth indicating Rick and Rust. “Last Sweet Tooth heard we were heading to some church to speak to a Preacher called Lucas. Now suddenly were stealing some book.”

“Care to fill the rest of us in before we just rush in blind,” said the clown.

“And how are we going to approach this. Are we going to go straight up to the guy and say, Hi ... where Changelings, we heard you’ve been messing with the Hedge and want you to stop,” he said pursing his lips in thought. “Some sort of a plan would be good.”

p
    panik

Abigail carefully listens to what the two kings talk about while she finishes her hot dog. The fairest wasn't a fighter and she knew that and so she didn't have a problem with fleeing in case of physical confrontation. However as the two start talking about stealing from the preacher she wonders in what kind of situation did she put herself in. For a split second she tries to guess why would the kings want to take a bible from a preacher but then she remembers she's not that blonde.

"What's so special about the book?" She says with a naive tone.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Although Marcus doesn't recognize Rick's strengthened Mask at first, he does however recognize his King. Pulling his Jeep in behind the small group, the metalflesh gets out and joins them just in time to hear Abigail's question. He nods at those gathered and puts a hand out to the two Changelings unfamiliar to him.

"Alright, everyone? I'm Marcus."

Abigail might notice that his shining, metal hand seems a bit more shy and tentative when he offers it to her than the firm, forceful grip Sweet Tooth receives. Noticing that most everyone seems to have put their Masks on, Marcus does the same.

"What's this about a book, then?"

Spends 1 Glamour to Strengthen Mask.

PRE

Rust stands looking odd man out. "Well. I didn't think to take cover. I ate dinner with the man and his entire Congregation. If they could see my face I doubt they would forget it." And a fine meal it had been.

"Alright. Marcus, Rick. You guys remember the Trouble we had with the Ear. Well he was after Lucus' book too. Long story short, it is prophetic. Dangerously so if Lucus is to be our foe. That is why we 'might' have to 'borrow' it."

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread