Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
101 - 107
DISPLAYED
Preach to the Preacher

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11
    L

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Though in truth, given what you've told me about them, I think I might have to hope that the other two are far from Sacramento...and each other." Not that they were likely to be that lucky. "And I'll leave you with one piece of advice, Brother Lucas. I can certainly understand the urge to protect those who've not been touched by the madness of Arcadia. But you shouldn't let yourself feel that you have to do so alone. Changelings organize into and join Freeholds so they can support one another in the struggle against the Fae, and create another layer of defense. Any Freehold is, among other things, a support system of sorts."

"Don't be afraid to use it."

S
    Smoo

Sweet Tooth did his best to keep up with all this new information about the books. It was all sounding like some kind of fairy tale. No not a fairy tale four beasts of the Apocalypse sounded more biblical. The clown wondered if Lucas was allowing his personal beliefs to effect his interpretation of the books. Either way Sweet Tooth hoped they where nearly done here.

The way the darkling was exposing all these normal’s to the Hedge and stirring up their fears and superstitions sure was a sweet way to get access to glamour but it just didn’t sit right with the clown.

Brother Lucas heard Rick's words but said nothing. Instead he stood, smiled and held out a hand to each of those present, thanking them for their assistance.

"You know where to find me if you require my help," he said finally, "but for now, it seems I really have kept my congregation waiting for far too long. Have you ever witnessed a congregation that is kept on edge? Chaos," he added with a chuckle before heading towards the door that led back to the main section of the building and holding it open.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus involuntarily pulls the book back when Lucas mentions the consequences of bringing them together. Recovering his composure, he calmly returns the book to his rucksack and secures the fastenings before he steps forward to shake the darkling preacher's offered hand.

"Understood. Thank you for your time."

Giving him a nod, Marcus leaves Brother Lucas' inner sanctum and waits for the others by the front door.

L

"And one warning. A Fairest Dancer with mismatched eyes, missing his tongue the last time I saw him." From the way his jaw, and body tensed, it was obviously a subject that touched a nerve. "Apparently he's taken up Privateering. If you see him be careful." And unless Brother Lucas has anything further to say, Rick makes his exit as well.

p
    panik

"Thank you for your insight, Brother Lucas. It has been a pleasure meet you." Abigail politely stands up and quietly follows the other changelings to the door. The fairest considers the meeting an overall success, but dragging it further would only be a loss of time.

"I will," the preacher says to Rick's warning. As the group depart, they can hear the congregation singing a hymn, their spirits risen despite the pain no doubt suffered. So easy being safe when your point of view is so limited.

End Scene

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11
Closed Thread