Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Getting back on track

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

It had been a few nights since court, and the arranged meeting with Ciara was due to happen at any moment. The house had been thoroughly cleaned, not that Katrina made any mess. She was a bit of a clean freak at heart. Everything had it's place; come to think of it that book had its place on the shelf.

She placed the book back on the shelf and moved over to the coffee table, making sure the place mats were in just the right position. Feeling they were perfect she headed over to the window to wait for Caira's arrival.

She smiled as she saw her heading up the path and quickly moved to the front door. Slowly opening it before Ciara had a chance to knock.

"Miss Maskelyne, I am glad you could make it."
    She said gesturing inside the house.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara smiles as the door opens, the Ventrue dipping her head slightly by way of greeting.* Good evening, Ms Scherbotsky... *She says softly, taking the invitation to step inside. She was dressed down for the evening, just a green cardigan, white undershirt, and jeans. As she makes her way inside, Ciara takes an appraising look around, pleasantly surprised at the well kept nature of the house.

She remains standing, waiting for Katrina to close the door and join her.*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

"Please call me Katrina" she replied as she closed the door. The living room was nothing fancy, a standard looking sofa, standard looking coffee table. Flat screen TV on the wall. The fanciest piece of furniture were the huge wooden book cases and wooden music cases that filled an entire wall. Complete with a top of the range sound system. If Ciara cared to look there was a lot of music ranging from classical and opera to pop and rock, there was also a lot of Russian music.

Katrina sat down and gestured for Ciara to do the same. "Prefect, as we discussed at court I am very interested in joining the Carthian movement. I am interested in how the movement is currently structured and any goals that you currently have." Katrina smiled. It was information she wanted before she signed up. In her experience she had seen a few city's where the movement worked well and a few where they were nothing but anarchy reigned.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Only if you call me Ciara... *The Ventrue answers with a smile, moving to examine the collection of music. The diversity surprised Ciara, as well as the stereo. Katrina must enjoy her music...

She makes her way over to the couch, setting down at the opposite end from the Gangrel; Ciara crossing her legs and assuming a more relaxed position.* I think it's only fair I'm candid with you with the state of the Movement in Sacramento: There are, currently, two of us; not counting yourself. The recent changes in city population have taken their toll on our numbers.

*All Ciara can do is shrug.* But such is life in the Movement, members come and go with greater frequency than the other Covenants. It's not the people that are the strength of the Movement, it is the message. One that I have followed, through thick and thin, for many decades.

My ideal at the moment would be, of course, to increase the membership in the city and begin working on increasing our influence in appropriate areas. With so many new Kindred coming into the city, I believe we can fulfill a need for food and shelter for those not yet settled into the city. If we can help new arrivals when they first enter Sacramento, we'll be in their minds the next time they need other services.

Of course, that requires an amount of dedication from each member to begin cornering the market in the different areas of influence within the city. Hopefully we will eventually be not just the first option for getting things done in the city, but the only option...
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Katrina shrugs "The only way is up from here Ciara." She said with enthusiasm. "I am glad to hear your plans, they are very similar to my own. I have been offering my clan mates shelter in my own home. Just until they get settled. I was going to try getting rights to create a business to make a Gangrel meeting place. I can extend this plan to capture my clan and covenant all in one. It seems the two goals are almost exactly the same. I was also going to start trying to move into Charity's and High Society. Just to start with." She smiled. "I think you have put my mind at ease, I am glad to hear that my own plans for my clan are in line with Carthian ones." She paused and grinned. "so where do I sign?"

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara nods at Katrina's enthusiasm.* I might be able to help you with the housing, so you don't have too many guests in your home at one time. I just have to find the keys...

Normally I'd call a meeting to introduce you to there rest of the Movement, but I think a more informal get together might be better given the numbers involved. Something to introduce everyone and have a little fun...

I see you have a varied taste in music, Katrina. Is there any one style you favor?

Katrina thinks for a few moments. "I have eclectic tastes. However if I had to choose one it would probably be between opera and classical. How about yourself, any preference in music choice?" She shrugs "It can depend on the situation. You don't want opera and classical if you decide to go clubbing if you know what I mean."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

I tend to adapt to whatever is appropriate to the setting when I'm out also, but I agree my personal tastes tend towards classical. And the music of my home land... *She doesn't elaborate more on what land that was; doubting the Russian Gangrel would understand fiddles and bodhrans. Instead, she motions to the collection of Russian music in Katrina's collection.*

I just want to find something we can all enjoy and perhaps relax a little. Mr Mclean, the other Carthian I spoke of earlier, seems like he could use a little time to unwind. He's new to the city...

"Well, my stereo has a CD changer." Katrina smiles. "Everyone load a CD and put it on random. Pack of cards and get to know each other. I could even call a few of my herd over for some refreshments."
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara waves the offer of the herd away.* No, please, allow me. It's only right I provide refreshments as I'm the one leading this affair. Though... are you sure you want Mr Mclean to know where you home is? *Ciara has a slightly worried look on her face, wondering if she might have to find an impromptu meeting place.*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread