Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Consilium V: Brent - Joshua - Ariadne - Technique

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

PRE

Joshua enters the hall from a back room, dragging the last two chairs needed to complete the tableau. He arranges them just so, distance from the windows certainly being a concern for him--although he had to wonder if that concern was shared by any of the newer members of their little family.

He looks up as Brent and Tech enter, nodding to them both. He crosses to a window and checks outside before turning towards the two and approaching. "Good evening--" He pauses as the Magister appears, and the way he looks West up and down suggests he's more surprised at the man's robes than his arrival. "Good evening," he tries again, to Tech and Brent. "Glad to see you two here a little early."

Technique

Pop! There he is - the Magister, in all his robed glory. Did i underdress...? However, the Sentinel and Rosh set his mind as ease, and Rosh's praise is humbling indeed. "It would not have gone as well as it did had you not stopped whatever that Banisher was casting. I owe you a debt, and i will not rest until i have repaid it." As usual when Tech starts to channel the Supernal through the Atlantean Language, his voice takes on a gruff, sandy tone, as if the words he utters out are tinged with the sands of time itself.

Swearing an Oath, 2 suxx

One formal matter out of the way, one that Technique had been meaning to have dealt with, he addresses his First, the Sentinel. Jefe. "Service is Mastery." He says, repeating the mantra that was driven into him in his younger days. "I am here to serve this Consillium, and one cannot serve if they are late, right?"

PRE

Joshua puts his hands into the pockets of his suitcoat--which is much more "college professor off the rack at JCPenney's" than it is "high stylin'," and in keeping with the mostly casual dress shown so far. He frowns, faintly, at the Speech being sworn. "Can I talk to you?" he asks when Tech is finished, and he heads off to the side, away from the others, without waiting for a response.

"Meeting hasn't really started yet, so you get a pass on that. Same reason our CO gets to make such an entrance,"
    he says when the other Arrow joins him, voice soft. He didn't want this carrying, and like any church the acoustics here were great. "That said, be sure you don't do it again. At meeting time we don't do anything like that, for good, ill, or indifferent."

Technique

Quote Originally posted by Jmiland1:
    "Meeting hasn't really started yet, so you get a pass on that. Same reason our CO gets to make such an entrance," he says when the other Arrow joins him, voice soft. He didn't want this carrying, and like any church the acoustics here were great. "That said, be sure you don't do it again. At meeting time we don't do anything like that, for good, ill, or indifferent."

Tech listens to his friend. His superior, his first, and the Sentinel. "Well, im actually pretty glad you caught me now - i didnt know there was such a restriction during the meetings. New York handled things differently." He pauses, eyeing several of the new people showing up and at - Whoa. Ariadne got hotter. Trying to distract himself from boring a hole into the young lady, he makes a gesture towards the larger table at the front of the hall. "So who sits up there? Councillors?"

PRE

After a moment Joshua nods, deciding to allow a brief detour. "Hierarch and the Counsilors, yes. Although we've gone a bit thin in that regard. I imagine that will be one of the points of order this evening." Probably be the first thing, because otherwise Animus and Henry are going to look awfully lonely up there, he thinks.

"Speaking of points of order," the Sentinel adds, and his expression shows that yes, he's fully aware of what a lame conversational segue that is, "I don't want to see behavior like that at the Rage again. Jammer offers the club as neutral ground, and you put that at risk. I don't care what she said or how she was acting--you made the decision to escalate. You ever do that again, our next conversation will not be so friendly. And if you're gonna have problems with impulse control you better tell us now, before we put you in charge of anything important." He cocks a brow at the Acanthus. "We clear?"

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"I'm really sorry about this Magister." Ariadne leaves it at that, knowing that over apologizing only makes things worse. She gives a small smile before turning and looking around the room. Noticing a new person she walks up to the man as he waits at the entrance.

"Hi there. I'm Ariadne, the local Herald. Come in please, we are just socializing before the meeting starts." She had stopped a few feet from the man.

Technique

Damnit, he thinks, that diversion didnt work. He sighs, not one of exasperation or annoyance, but of acceptance. "I am sorry. I will be sure to hold my tongue - and my Will - in the future. However," he holds up a hand. "everyone deserves their comeuppance. The Fates do not appreciate people acting out of turn..." he says, trying to make an explanation about his legacy-possible, leaving out the finer points of their mysteries. "You can rest assured i will mind my actions when we congregate under a neutral banner."

PRE

"One last thing," Joshua says to Tech, "And then I'll let you go." He holds his hands up, fingers folding, forming a circle through which he looks at the Acanthus. "Bathtub drain: small. Four corpses:" he says, and spreads his arms wide, "loooooot of shit to wash away. Cremains don't just dissolve and wash down. Those pipes would have gotten plugged for sure and someone would have asked questions. So, I appreciate field expediency, I honestly do. And I hated to snap. But I thought it through, honest." And he grins a bit: no hard feelings, baller.

"Looks like things are heating up," Joshua adds, looking out at the slowly growing group. "Get out there. Remember: best behavior."

Technique

There is about a 5-second blank expression from Tech after Josh explains what happened in the Bismark. "Thats why you are the First Talon, and Sentinel. I am sorry to have doubted your logic, sir." The bold-faced truth from a usual jokester - guess the two switched places for a bit.

He starts making towards the crowd, before stopping to say one last bit to Jefe. "Thanks. For everything. My new cribs got some hoops....y'know....you ever wanna come back for a rematch." He says with his best Jester grin, before dispersing into the crowd...

..and walking right up to Ariadne. "You know, i almost didnt recognize you not completely sopping wet." He says, flashing another smile.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

A hand goes onto her hip. "Haha, thanks though." Ariadne smiles then looks at him for a long moment. "Sorry to wreck the party but we can't have anything up here. Part of the rules, at least as far as I know. And yes I am breaking the rules to enforce them." The smile curls playfully.

"Everything ok between you and Joshua?" Part curiosity, part Guardiany. It gets hard to differentiate the two nowadays..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread