Having just attended the symphony, Ariana walked into the main foyer of the Avalon. She wore a black fitted dress with a flowing skirt, simple heels and a subtle but elegant purple flower pin was slipped into one side of her red tresses. She nearly headed downstairs right away, but she thought she would check the venue to see if Prince Clarke was there first.

As she walked in, she saw Prince Clarke in conversation with someone. She continued walking as she waited for him to look her direction. When he did, she gave him a respectful head nod, and a slight signal with her eyes that she wanted to speak with him. She sat down at a table off to the side to wait and flipped through her phone as she did. Ariana was polite and did not interrupt him, so she waited patiently.

Asa concluded his conversation and moved over to Ariana. He was dressed as he often was; in a black suit and Tyrian purple dress shirt. He wore his own flower, except white, as he had taken up doing.

"Miss Donovan, good evening,"
he greeted her with a genuine smile.

He paused, glancing to the side to see if she was alone and gave her a curious look.

"It's not often a beautiful woman is unattended."

Quickly looking up from her phone as she heard his voice, a smile crept across her face. "Good evening Mr. Clarke."

"It happens quite frequently." Still smiling. "I was wondering if you are free to converse, if you have the time." Sincerely speaking. "It is a private matter as well." She wondered if he would be able to chat the language she needed to convey in such an atmosphere.

Asa glanced around, then nodded.

"I certainly have the time... if you would come this way?"

Waiting a moment, he began leading her towards the stairs, ascending them before stopping. He glanced around at the 'gallery' overlooking the dance, then began moving again, threading his way thought club-goers until arriving at his office door.

After a moment, it opened, and he held it open, inviting her to enter.

Within, a large circular couch frames an oversized ottoman, and large, comfortable chairs face the couch. One side of the room is dominated by a large desk made of dark wood; the couch and chairs face a large LCD on the wall.

Following Asa through the club, Ariana observed his actions slightly as they made their way to the door. It looked quite different from the angle above, as most often clubs did. Sometimes it made watching much easier.

She was not entirely sure how brief he wanted the meeting, so she refrained from sitting unless he asked. She smiled with a polite business tone. "Thank you. I apologize that I did not make an appointment." There was a hint of nervousness in her eyes.

Asa gestured for Ariana to sit, and then sat himself. He sat at the edge of a seat, leaning slightly forward; alert, but still casual and relaxed.

"Think nothing of it, Miss Donovan. All of the officials of the domain should have access to me,"
he said, smiling, inviting her to speak.

Sitting in a chair Ariana crossed her legs and faced him. She glanced to make sure the door had been closed, while she maintained her posture, which was not relaxed. She smiled softly "I do hope you are well this evening." She said sincerely.

Ariana continued, her hands laid in her lap. "I apologize if I am not as eloquent as usual in this matter. I was not privy to how this was handled previously." She smiled as she continued. "I am seeking inquiry for one of ours to bring another into Our Night." She said politely. She had a twinge of guilt about being so blunt.

"I am well, and I hope you are also," Asa replied, with a hint of curiosity.

As Ariana continued he nodded, straightening slightly and lacing his fingers together.

"Before we go further, do you understand why this is something that requires permission? And I do not mean the moral or ethical considerations, but the one's of a monarch."

The Prince's statement made Ariana question her own embrace. Ariana's smile became curious and she replied. "No, I do not. If I could guess it is in part of population control?"

Her face still remained curious. "That was just a ventured guess. As I said before, there was much I was not privy to in New York." Her head titled slightly, "I would very much like to know, if you please."

Asa nodded, and leaned backward, relaxing as his long frame unfolded; an arm draped lazily across the back of the couch, and one leg crossed over another.

"The first, of course, are the Blood ties which bind,"
he said, smiling at the small joke. "A Childe will be bound to their Sire, and that will be their first allegiance; their Sire, not their Prince. The second is the thorny question of The Masquerade. It will obviously be broken; the question is why. Why is it being broken, and why should it be allowed? Second Tradition or no, it is a burden we all share."

Asa studied Ariana for a few moments in silence, then gestured for her to speak.

"Now tell me who has asked to Sire, and why, in your own opinion, I should consider it."

Ariana had listened as he spoke knowing the severity of what was requested. Her face was pleasant as he went through all of the items. She nodded in agreement. "I understand what you are saying."

She was still in a postured position as she replied to his question. "Mr. Anasztaz Veres is the one requesting permission. From what I understand, he has been a major voice in revitalizing the Ordo Dracul. He is a wonderful teacher as well as a mentor. I believe he is capable of this responsibility." She watched for his reaction as she spoke.

"Oh?" Asa asked, focusing on Ariana, curiosity piqued.

His eyes narrowed slightly and he studied the Harpy for a moment before asking, "And what has Mr. Veres done that makes you think so highly of him?"

Asa was curious, and curious what would happen. The last thing they all needed was a Deputy stabbing a Sworn over the Harpy.

And people called Ish, Twist, and I complicated.

Ariana changed the way her legs were crossed, to release some of her nerves. She spoke pleasantly, such as she did for work. "It is one of my duties to bring this to your attention."

"We have conversed on a few occasions. Also, from observation, he has made a few friends and acquaintances. It is something that does not go unnoticed." She really wished she would have at least observed how this was handled back East.

"No, it isn't,"
Asa replied, smiling slightly to take the sting from the correction. "Your duty is to consider what you hear, and decide what to do from that point. You duty is to be honest with me. This," he continued, leaning forward to gesture at the space between then, "Only works if I can trust you to be honest with me."

He paused, considering whether or not he'd made a mistake; Ariana could be Martha's Seneschal, and Ciara return to being his Harpy.

"You said before that he is a wonderful teacher and that you believe he is capable,"
Asa continued, quoting her. "Now, you affect an impartiality and speak of observations and duties."

"Are you being honest with me?"

Ariana considered what he said. "Yes, I have been honest with you. However, I will elaborate. Upon our first meeting, he asked this request. We began talking as friends. Soon after, Mr. Veres began giving me piano lessons. He has been patient and understanding with me in regards to this."

She looked at Asa eyes as if to emphasize what she was about to say. "I sincerely apologize for my vagueness. It will not happen again." She bowed her head slightly.

Ariana took in her pride and continued. "I am rather new at this. I would like to do my best, and I will do my best to improve."

Asa smiled and nodded, accepting the explanation.

"Fair enough; I'm also still rather new at this 'Prince' role,"
he said, winking.

"So you believe that Mr. Veres' patience and understanding will translate into his obligations as a Sire and the education of his Childer?"

Smiling at Asa's wink, Ariana replied. "Well, you are doing a great job nonetheless."

"Well, considering my musical skills are rudimentary and he has not lost his demeanor with my slow and mundane playing, then yes is the answer. I though perhaps testing him in some way, not to mention I do want to learn." She leaned in and spoke in a mock whisper. "I am not that great." She snickered.

"Oh, but that's one of the luxuries of immortality," Asa replied, laughing softly. "You have a very, very long time to practice."

He fell silent for a few moments, considering the request itself.

"Very well. I will grant the request. Let Mr. Veres know that we appreciate the discretion the Dracul has shown in regards to former Dragons."

Asa spoke the words carefully and clearly, looking intently at Ariana as he did so, to impress that they should be repeated verbatim.

Ariana nodded, knowing full well that Asa weighted his last words. "I will indeed Your Majesty. Thank you."

Turning her head slightly, she smiled. "Is there anything further you would like to discuss this evening?"

"Actually, yes,"
Asa replied, cocking his head as she reminded him of something.

"I received a letter from Mr. O'Connor -- in summary, that he was leaving, although he expects to return. Can you tell me anything about this?"
He asked the question, looking genuinely curious.

Was it the coterie?

Ariana's eyes widened slightly as if also remembering. "I was actually going to inquire that with you. He mentioned he was leaving to visit his sire at the end of a conversation between Mister Greyson and myself." She continued.

"He has seemed a little different as of late." She gestured with one hand as if she was searching for the right word. "It was not effecting his position, from what I could tell. Perhaps a break is what he needs."

Ariana turned her head slightly shaking it. "He is a dear friend, but I do not think that was the type of friend he was looking for."

An eyebrow raised in slight surprise -- Asa had thought Thomas similar to Heinz; that is, nearly asexual. Then again, later after Court the other night, surprises were everywhere.

"Well, we shall see if he returns. More importantly, let Miss Villiers and Mr. Heinz know that they might appoint a replacement, should it be needed. Also...," he spoke, then paused, frowning slightly.

"O'Connor is not the only Kindred of significance departing. Lady Stamford also has business which requires her elsewhere. Whether or not Miss Villiers chooses to appoint a new Seneschal is unknown to me."

By the time Asa finished, the frown was gone, replaced by polite indifference.

Ariana slightly flinched as he mentioned Victoria's name. "I see. Does Herald Villiers know of Lady Stamford's leave? If not, I can inform her of this along with Deputy O'Connor's departure as well."

Her face was slightly concerned. "I do hope she appoints such an individual. It would be a shame for her to become over stressed." Martha was a dear friend to her, and Ariana knew all too well what stress was.

"Yes, please do," Asa said, nodding. He raised a hand, pinching the bridge of his nose as he thought for a few moments.

"Also, please let Miss Villiers and Mr. Heinz know that Mr. Grigoriev is confined to The Barrens, until our next official Court. Perhaps a bit of asceticism is in order to teach him manners. It is not for him to judge my Seneschal's conduct, or priorities."

Ariana shook her head over the matter. "Yes, I certainly will. I am afraid we have all become a bit relaxed on such a thing. Perhaps I should conduct some sort of instructional meeting." She was still irritated by what she witnessed at the Daeva Court.

"If I may say, with Lady Stamford leaving, we are now with out a Ventrue Priscus. Shall we have a clan meeting Your Majesty?" Ariana felt a little bad for Joseph Darkholme at the last court.

Asa shrugged, a small smile forming. Once, the acknowledgment of Clan paragon had meant everything, and he had known it would be a beginning.

Now, nearly three years later, it was a bauble for others to play with.

"If you wish,"
he answered. "I will probably not attend, although I will support whatever decision is made."

At least, as long it was a good one. If someone like Dicky De Bruyn or Michael Samuels emerged as Priscus...

Ariana had a slightly concerned look, but she pushed it away. She nodded. "I will do so." She assumed he had his reasons for not attending, yet with so few of them in the city, his opinions would have been welcomed.

"I will let the proper individuals know of the prior information you gave me." She paused for a moment. "Is there anything else you need Your Majesty?" She asked kindly.

"No, but thank you for asking,"
Asa replied.

He leaned forward, the movement continuing until he was standing. Offering Ariana a hand to stand, he added, "And yourself? Anything else you need?"

"No thank you." Ariana said politely at his gesture and smiled when she spoke as she rose from the seat. "I believe I need nothing further this evening. I greatly appreciate the time Your Majesty." She gave him a deep bow with her head.

"Anytime, Miss Donovan,"
Asa replied, leading her to the door, then opening it.

"I look forward to hearing how our family get-together goes."

Asa looked at Ariana intently as he said the last, and his words had a touch of expectation to them, as if the outcome were a foregone conclusion.

Nodding at his request Ariana smiled. "But of course, Mr. Clarke." Careful of her words since the door was open. As she headed out the door and down the stairs, she too wondered how the meeting would go.