11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1106) Eternal Court XVI

Page 2 of 24 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Chris Wooding BP 2

Even from the couch he was drawing too much attention, at least, so it seems. Chris nodded back to Bogdana, but looks away when his eyes meet Anton's. He raises from the couch, there would probably enough others who knew Sacramento's history.

He shortly looks around, his Priscus surely would have been here for a while now, but Conner was always a bit suspicious. Perhaps one of the other domain officials? If Gabriel Marcus had disappeared the Reeve should know of it, wouldn't he?

With that line of thought he walks to the Reeve's office and knocks on the door, hoping Max Heinz would answer.

Alice Brown, BP 3

Alice starts wandering around, giving a few looks to Conner's thrall. Showing your minions got so openly was interesting, and it makes the Daeva consider if she would do that too in the future.

She tries to keep a friendly expression on her face while she walks over to the wall with Laws of the Domain and new announcements.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

P
    Pent

Joseph quietly entered the court, and noted that the environment was a lot more easy-going than that 20's party.

Unfortunately, he wore the same charcoal grey suit. It may be gauche to wear the same thing to two concurrent gatherings, but as broke as he was, he was lucky to have this suit. At least it was clean and fit nice.

He saw Martha and made a note to talk to her, he felt bad for not finishing up their conversation at the party. She may not have any need to hire him, but friends are always worth having.

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner sees the youngling enter the court and watches him as he wanders. Conner sees an aimlessness to him that sets Conner ill at ease. Invictus are the Unconquered, the Best of Kindred society, he should show it.

Conner stood from his chair and made his way over to Mister Darkholme saying, "Good evening Mister Darkholme." Cheyenne three steps back from her regent.

Joseph returned Connor's greeting. "Good evening, Priscus. I didn't mean to make you get up. Is there something I can do for the Covenant?"

Conner holds out a hand in calming gesture, "No Mister Darkholme, I felt I should check in to see how your transition is going?" Conner asked, while not stabbing the weaker beast in the chest and feeding on his hearts blood.

Joseph felt his beast shrink ever so slightly in the presence of Connor. Joseph remained visibly collected. It wasn't a surprise to him that this Vampire was so much more powerful than himself.
    "Thank you Mister Greyson, I would say my transition is going well, seeing as I'm not hanging from the gallows." Joseph tried to joke. It wasn't even very funny to him.
    "Madame Donovan has been tutoring me in the ways of Invictus, as my Sire is...not here." Joseph paused for a second before he continued, he felt very vulnerable asking for help.

"I seem to have the same problem I had as a mortal when moving to a new city, and that is finding employment. I would like to offer my skills and service to the Deputy in service to the Domain, if He will have me."

Joseph decided to shut up and let Connor offer if he wants to hear more. He knows he is in a negotiation, with absolutely zero leverage. It was the only way to handle it.

Conner did not smile or laugh at his joke. Conner's life is a gallows, well most of it. "Actually there is something you can do." Conner takes out his cellphone and pulls up a number. "Take this number down, ###-###-####. His name is Mister Ethan Russel. I have tasked him with investigating possible poaching in the barrens. You should assist him."

After waiting several minutes of staring at the Lord and not getting a response Conner says "... or not." Conner says and walks away from the silent Lord.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella enters, wearing her black suit, red tank top, her long dark hair down. She slowly enters, looking around the room
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

Riley, Amelita and Anasztaz

Anasztaz walked in with his usual warm smile drawn upon his lips. Glad to be back among his peers in a more modern get-up, he had chosen to wear a simple black suit. The jacket had a low neck that looked almost priestly, he kept it buttoned all the way up which inadvertently enhanced the effect somewhat. No collar to go with it, however.

Amelita entered on Anasztaz's right arm. Under her hoody, she wore a dressy frock over some leggings. She scanned court for anybody she recognised, giving Anasztaz one of those lip-pursing half-eyerolls as she laid eyes on Joseph Darkholme.

When Riley follows after Anastaz, she looks around amongst the other arrivals all while trying to mask her expression. There is no dressing up for Riley, she isn't about to change her heroin chic look, even for her Sire. A worn gray hood helps smooth out any feminine features left to her, smudging the line from faux pretty and straight in to average tom-boy land. With faded jeans and a pair of flat shoes that might have once had a brand, she stands in stark contrast to those she entered with.
    Anasztaz Veres | Presence ••• (Pleasant) | BP •• | SL •• (Androgyny) | Nosferatu (Alien Beauty) | Vitae 4/11 | WP 4/4

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris looks around shortly, seeing another new arrival. Suddenly he wonders how many people would have gone missing within the last years... and how many of them seemed to be not so dead at all.

However, not in the mood to think about such things he knocks on the Reeve's door again. I must have been to gentle the previous time, the Reeve probably has better things to than keep his ears against his door.

*There is a slight pause, then the Reeve's voice can be heard from behind the door.* Come in.

For some reason Chris is a little surprised, but that isn't visible on his face.

Chris opens the door to the office, a serious expression on his face. After closing the door behind him he bows before the Reeve. 'Reeve Heinz.'

He stands up and looks humbly to his fellow Mekhet. 'I have some questions from which I hope you might have the answer...'

*Max nods, putting away a file of papers he had been working on.* Please, have a seat Mr Wooding... *He motions for Chris to take a seat in the chair in front of his desk.* What's on you mind?

Chris nods as well, and takes a seat. 'Thank you Reeve Heinz, I am here... in service of the Crone.' Yeah, pretty much in service of David Silver, but one has to do his job to keep the better positions.

'Hierophant Silver, has asked me to find out what happened to Gabriel Marcus. I've heard he was a former member of the Domain of Sacramento, within the Carthian faction. Do you happen to know this man?'

While he he looks to Max with a questioning look, Chris wonders why David couldn't find this out himself. I guess the answer on that lays withing the 'spiritual ways of enlightenment'.

*Chris's word certainly get Max's attention; what did the Circle want with him, and why couldn't the Heirophant come to talk to Max himself? Max didn't recognize the name, so it would seem a new face had taken over from Dirge.

Max steeples his fingers, trying to place the name.* Marcus.... Marcus.... I think he was executed by the former Prince. Quiet spectacularly too, from what I understand.

Unfortuanatly, it occurred before I came to the city; I know of the story only in passing...
    *And the reputation of the Carthians...* The only Kindred in the city that might have resided here during that time are the Prince and Judex Twist. You may wish to inquire with them...

*The cautious look the Reeve gives Chris suggests that would be a Bad Idea...* Now, a question for you , Mr Wooding: What do the Crones want with a Carthian, hmm?

Chris listens carefully to what the Reeve says, and how he says it. 'To be honest, I do not know. I believe Hierophant Silver has recently risen from the Sleep, he might have known the man back then.' The Acolyte shrugs, he wasn't going to pretend like it was of great importance and needed to be kept secret.

'Thanks for your help so far, Reeve Heinz. But... do you think Prefect Maskelyne perhaps knows more about the man? She seems to fit qua age and covenant.' At least, Chris thought and hoped she still did.

*Max can only shrug.* I have no way of knowing what Prefect Maskelyne might know of it. She arrived after I did; but she might have more information then I do...

'I understand.' Chris bows again. 'Thank you Reeve Heinz.'

If nothing else is said, he leaves the office and returns to Court.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David enters court.

FLEE! His beast screams at him, urging him to run from those older and stronger than him.

Coward He wrestles down the beast's fear, and looks around.

He sees Bogdana is making friendly with the Keeper. Good. Unfortunately, the harpy is preoccupied. So David waits, relaxed in pose, even as his beast urges fleeing, especially from Anton.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

Anton Flores, BP 4

Anton watched David Silver enter and wait. If he'd wondered before what kind of Beast he had shrouded, he was no longer curious. He could read it in the Hierophant's face and in his movements, where he was looking. It gave him an odd, detached sensation to recognise the effect of his Beast without feeling its aggressive pull.

The Haunt moved out of direct view of the entrance. He didn't feel like playing the part of the scarecrow in Court.

Empathy: 3 Sux (vs 1 Resist)
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

With a bit of staggered feeling Chris walks out of the Reeve's office. Returned in Court, he sees his Hierophant standing there. Relaxed as ever, must be cool to be older than the rest.

He walks over to David and bows. 'Hierophant Silver,' he rises and looks to the man with a serious expression as ever, 'I have news regarding Gabriel Marcus.'

"I see" He stays silent as he walks to a private room, taking Chris with him, memories and thoughts consuming him.

Chris obediently follows his Hierophant and waits until he speaks. As soon as you know you got all the time of the world, a little patience is soon to be gained.

When they finally enter the private chambers, David stays silent for several minutes, thinking, before finally speaking.
    "Tell me what you know."

'Well, Hierophant Silver, first I wanted to find out more, but since you are here I might as well inform you anyway.' Chris waits a moment.

He wasn't sure how David felt about this guy, Chris hopes not too good, because then the news might not be so good. 'Gabriel Marcus has been executed a couple of years ago. I spoke to the Reeve, he doesn't know more than that though.'

Dead.
    Executed.

He should be ecstatic. Thrilled. Sarah was avenged, and it sounded like it was for exactly the right reasons too.

And yet. All he felt was hollowness. An emptiness where happiness should have been.

Sarah. Sarah belonged there, not a dead Gabriel Marcus. And no matter how dead he was, it barely even touched the depths of that hole.

"I see." David seems quite conflicted about the news. "I will look into the rest on this. Gabriel Marcus is no longer a concern of yours. Do you have anything else to tell me?"

Chris tries to see what was going on in the man, but then shakes his head. For two reasons: shake the curiosity out of his mind, and shake as the sign 'no'.

'No Hierophant Silver, I believe that was all.' Unless you want to know more? Well, you gave me another task of course...

His face remains calm. And I bought two rabbits, unfortunately they haven't fucked yet.

"Then continue on. I hope your other task meets with as much success as this one. Additionally, the solstice night will have a section for those who are not yet full members, following after the major rites. Do you think your friend would be interested?"

Chris nods in agreement, but holds still when David begins about the new one again. 'To my regret I must admit I do not have the answer on that question, I will speak with him as soon as possible Hierophant Silver.'

"I will trust in your judgement. I look forward to seeing that trust well rewarded. Do you have anything else for me?"

Don't fuck up. Please don't fuck up.

seeing that trust well rewarded...Like it wasn't hard enough without the burden of such warnings already...

'Thank you.'
    If David was sincere, then his confidence was something to be thankful of. 'No that was all Hierophant Silver.'

David nods and then departs.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

I
    Irina

Josephine stepped into the Court, and scanned the room for anyone she might recognise. On the other hand, she was starting to favour the flourishing side of herself that wanted to meet new people as well. Perhaps she had had so little contact with other Kindred in the last few years, the doctor wanted to meet; and to a lesser extent study, fresh faces.

Of the Kindred she had met so far, they were all different in some way. Some she could see speaking to again and others not quite so much.

Still, as Josephine wandered around the Court she was feeling positive about the evening. She certainly felt more comfortable, now that it wasn't required to wear twenties garb. Instead she was wearing modern clothes, of black leather pants and a red blouse. The doctor still wasn't quite used to impractical footwear, and wore flat black boots.

Page 2 of 24 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.