Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1106) Eternal Court XVI

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
    S
    Selena

The Avalon

…..The Avalon. A place of intrigue, excitement and entertainment. The modern flare of this venue is host to exclusive parties in Sacramento. The seduction of this establishment may take you away as you drink, dance and socialize. There are private services available upon request. The best DJ’s in town are in line to play a wide variety of music.

Some of you may dine…as long as you have your VIP pass.

Eternal Court

Welcome Kindred of Sacramento. We have recently remodeled our lower level to better accommodate our needs. Some of the new features are a new elevator, a larger closet and better organization of our Court Official’s offices. The bathrooms have been relocated up stairs as well, so please inform your Herd and/or Ghouls of this change. As a reminder, no weapons are allowed which also applies to Disciplines (This does not apply to city Officials or Deputies). This is a place to socialize, meet and welcome new people to our Domain. Remember, the principles of Elysium apply at all Court functions whether Official or Eternal.

Please feel free to break out into separate conversations as needed

S
    Selena

In one of her normal suits with knee length pencil skirt, black heels, black blouse and purple blazer, Ariana was in her office quickly submitting the evening's Sacramento Bee articles. She had been thinking about the previous Daeva Court and all the interesting things that may have happened. Some of which she already knew.

Ariana walked around the halls with a bright smile, looking for fresh faces, or familiar ones.

Or those of which who were on her list for a chat...

Ariana

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner Greyson, Priscus of Mekhet, Deputy of the Domain, Sat in his normal corner, watching the proceedings of tonights court. His ever-present ghoul Cheyenne was with him and his herd was again present. Around Cheyenne's neck was a small necklace that had a small silver domino mask on it. His her though, they wore a necklace with a silver triangle representing the Triumvir.

Mister Greyson is, as per usual, dressed in a black suit with charcol shirt. He had on a black tie that had silver accenting. On his left hand, he wore a tarnished silver ring that has ruinic symbols on it. Conner's herd cerculated throughout the room as Conner's unwavering gaze scanned it.

K
    Kazakin

Sidor walked into the Court, his shadowed gaze flickering around the room as he judged the area. His sharp eyes explored the place as he thought. But then, he had quite a lot to think about at the moment. He moved around Conner Greyson's herd, inwardly hating the sheep-like look that he considered all blood dolls to possess, before his gaze fell on the new Harpy. Well, he did owe her thanks. He had noticed that she had gone out of her way to attend to the Nosferatu newcomers in Dirge's absence, and although he was naturally dour and harsh, it would have been wrong not to inform her of such. With that in mind, he moved towards her.

"Good evening, Harpy Donovan. I wonder if I could take a moment of your time?"

Watching Sidor walk through the hall, Ariana's beast recoiled slightly at the Haunt's presence. As he approached she wished she could see his face a little better, but nevertheless she greeted him with a smile as she set her beast at ease.

"Certainly, Mr. Grigoriev. You may take as much time as you need." Grinning kindly. If she was cautious, she did not show it. "How has your evening been so far?"

Sidor's shadowed face didn't give much of an impression of emotion. If there were subtle nuances in the darkness, they had long since been lost to the Embrace. But the shadows shifted starkly across his lips as he smiled, giving the impression of a snake about to strike. The faint uncertainty that had plagued him outwardly was gone; not forgotten, but relieved enough that his powerful restraint could control it.

His Beast growled restlessly, but he subdued it. He had seen Ariana before, at a distance, and the petty creature in his skull's need for violence was short, staccato.

"As pleasant as it ever is," he said simply, his accent subdued for Ariana's ease of understanding. "Although I regret that I have been in the domain and failed to converse with you at any length. I must thank you, though; you have been extraordinary helpful with the new members of my clan in this recent... Priscus debacle." The emphasis the Russian Haunt put on the last two words were like ice. Apparently, his voice was capable of passion, when he felt it was necessary.

Ariana was slightly surprised by the Haunt’s smile. It was not often she saw many of their clansmen do so. She smiled in return as he spoke his gratitude. “You are most welcome, Mr. Grigoriev." She said sincerely. She also realized his accent was not as thick as normal as it was fairly distinct if she heard him in passing.

“Random acts of kindness are few and far between with our kind. Unless proven contrary, I do not see why we act uncivil to each other. Yet I know we all have our walls we put up.” Ariana knew that more than anyone.

Her own distrust of some was deep rooted, although with in court, she knew it was a slightly different situation. "Perhaps one day, a gesture such as that may end my requiem. Although I hope that I may have made a difference in some way. I do certainly hope that I am wrong." She laughed ever so slightly as to keep the conversation light, despite the severity she knew her words held.

If it was not for a certain individual’s act of kindness, she would not have been standing there today.

“Has their been a solution for your Priscus situation as of yet?” She said with concern.

Sidor inclined his head politely as he listened to her speaking. Her acceptance of his thanks was polite and to him, seemed sincerely meant. That pleased him. His judgement of her interest in being a genuine source of help was positive.

"I sincerely hope it will not be at the hands of one of my cousins," the Haunt said gravely, as his thoughts turned to the Priscus situation. His loathing of Dirge echoed in the shadows on his face as he restrained his voice. "This situation has been drawn out far too long." He paused, his dark eyes observing the Court. "I have done my duty as Clan Whip and called a meeting. Who becomes Priscus is yet to be seen, but I suspect it will be one of the more established Nosferatu. Someone who can be relied upon. Certainly, order will be restored once more. I will not allow my cousins to languish without aid within this Domain."

Nodding in agreement as Sidor's frustration. Ariana spoke with concern. "I fully understand where you stand Mr. Grigoriev. It is rather frustrating to be without leadership. You did the right thing as Whip by calling a meeting. Someone has to take a stand. Your concern speaks highly of you." She smiled reassuringly.

She gestured a little with her hands as she continued. "I wish I could be of some help, but I know it is a family matter. However, my door is always open if you ever need to discuss anything." Still with sincerity in her voice.

"Speaking of discussing, how was Official Court for you?" She grinned with a hint of curiosity.

"Well, the stand has been taken. We can only wait to see the results," Sidor said, his voice full of stern conviction. He nodded as she spoke further. "You are correct. It is indeed a family matter, but I felt it necessary that it be known things were being fixed; especially as you have gone to such trouble to help my cousins as they arrived." The shadows on his face darkened at the final question and he gave a little shrug.

"I am afraid I found it rather unwelcoming, both in person, history and... well," he said, his voice dry. "As you can imagine-" here, he gestured to his shadowed face. "I find directed lighting a problem. It causes me to, aha, stand out."

"Waiting is sometimes the worst part sometimes." Ariana stated in agreement. "I do thank you for keeping me informed. As I stated, I do not mind helping any way I can." She smiled, "Besides, I rather enjoy meeting every new face that comes in. It keeps me up to speed." She rather enjoyed talking to the new comers.

"I can see how lighting may cause an issue for you." She nodded in understanding. "Why else was it unwelcoming?"

"In my experience, it's always wise to be the one to come forwards and speak. That way you can ensure that whatever the rumour mill says, it at least began with some basis in truth," Sidor said with a little nod, before he sighed. The shadows seemed to tighten, as if they were tearing into his cold, dead flesh.

"The other reason? Well, I dislike being spoken to, as if because I am a Haunt, I am also a dog, Madam Donovan. It does rather make Court unpleasant."

"Understandably so Mr. Grigoriev." Nodding again.

"As I stated before, my door is always open. I will help where I can." She smiled with sincerity. "And as much as you dislike Official Courts, if you have a suggestion, please let me know. Variety is always a good thing."

Ariana thought she should probably quit questioning Sidor after his comment about talking. Although she was rather enjoying his accent.

Sidor's thin-lipped mouth pulled into a tight smile and he shook his head, slightly. He'd been unclear. It was an occasional risk with his English, although the immersion helped. He half-closed his eyes for a moment.

"Forgive me, that was... not correct. I occasionally struggle with more complex English grammar. I do not mean to say I dislike conversation. I dislike ah," he paused, and muttered a few Russian words under his breath as he got his thoughts in order. "Individuals speaking to me rudely, due to my clan. And... certain Offical Courts are more enjoyable than others. Is that clearer?" He studied Ariana as he spoke.

"Actually, I rather enjoy your accent. It has been many years since I have heard it." It actually reminded her of her maternal grandfather. "No apology necessary. In my years as a journalist, I have had to listen to various degrees of accents from many countries."

"I really dislike when people assume things." She added, sympathizing with him. "Judging people before you know them is rather disdainful."

"Were you around for the Regency Duel Court?" She smiled, curious as to what would pique his interest for courts.

"Thank you. It's always pleasant to know someone enjoys the sound of your voice," Sidor said. With the shadows stealing his expression, it was difficult to tell if he was joking dourly or not. "American voices still sound unusual to me. But then, I have only been here a short time. Not unpleasant, I must add; just unusual." His gaze roved over the crowd.

"It's always disappointing. I believe the Haunts in Sacramento possess a spark of greatness within them. To be disparaged by anyone because they see us as anti-social animals... It disgusts me," he said softly, and his voice sounded like the whisper of a knife-edge. "We wear our weakness openly because we must. I sometimes wonder how others would react if forced to wear theirs in the same way." He paused and gave a brief nod.

"I was indeed here for the Regency Duel. An excellent showing from all combatants. I particularly appreciated the previous Bishop's use of Sorcery," he smiled thinly. "A personal enjoyment of mine, I'm afraid."

Ariana had been glancing around as others began walking into court. Still listening intently to Sidor. "I have also wondered how people would act if they were in the same situation." She said referring to his weakness comment. "Perhaps they would be more humble, or less outgoing. Yet, sometimes people are scarred mentally, which is what makes them who they are." She said, as if knowing a where he was coming from a little.

"Yes, I remember Mr. Staley during those duels. It was very intriguing. I am personally not one for violence, however, I do know some enjoy combat." She smiled. "Although, it was quite interesting how they turned out."

Sidor listened to her, and he nodded slowly. A good stance for Ariana to take. That was appropriate, from the Harpy. It was obvious why Prince Clarke had chosen her for the role, and he did appreciate an intelligent conversation. He decided it would be wise to do so more frequently. Becoming a recluse would be unwise. He wanted to fulfil his duty to his clan.

"I find it a very interesting experiment in personality, myself," the Russian Haunt said in a quiet voice. "Sometimes, it is only when you are alone in the dark that you come to know exactly who you are. And that is worth more than a man's weight in gold." The shadows were intense for a moment, as if they felt the need to emphasise that their bearer was always alone in the dark.

"I'm no enthusiast of violence myself. I see it as a tool; sometimes it is necessary, such as the Homeless situation. It must be used to fit the situation it is in. There is no sense using a sledgehammer when you require a wrench," Sidor continued. "Or a scalpel. But I do appreciate those who excel in their arts. Whatever those arts might be."

"I do understand that violence is necessary at times. Sometimes it is also used as a release or recreation of sorts. I just do not like to see it used as a personal vendetta to others." Ariana spoke mainly referring back to the duels.

"Yet, who am I to judge these things?" She smiled.

"You are right, art comes in many forms. Perhaps much like violence is necessary in many ways. An odd parallel of sorts." She was actually enjoying this conversation. Seeing another side to anyone was always astounding.

"Why shouldn't it be an art, after all? The grace of a swordsman, the speed of a knife-fighter, the eyes of a marksman; they're impressive to behold. As impressive as any master painter," Sidor said, his eyes moving behind the shadows in amusement. He too, was an artist of sorts. It was an art to break a man, and it was there, above all else, that he excelled. It was a shame he had little use for his skills in Sacramento, either as a tactician or an interrogator. Such work belonged to others.

"As for personal vendettas... unfortunately, they are unavoidable in this requiem. The Beast inspires egos to clash perhaps more than they should, and so many do not teach themselves proper self-control," the Russian Haunt said gravely, though he was surprised to find that Ariana was engaging to speak to. "It is a tragedy, in the end, but a fact of this existence. Myself, I try not to hold personal grudges. But blows against my cousins... well, no one is perfect."

"Art and sports have been coinciding more and more as of recent." Ariana explains. "There seemed to be many athletes in dance classes as a way to hone in their precision and dexterity." She smiled, "I am sure it would help with any sort of fighting." Chuckling softly.

"You are correct, no one is perfect. Yet often we find imperfections in people and tear them apart with it." Ariana looked at his shadowed face. "Just because someone is different in their own way, does not make the other better. No matter our age, we can always learn from everyone. Whether it is taming our beasts or learning a new technique." She grinned. Ariana had done a lot of observing for the past several years of her requiem.

"We all have our faults," Sidor agreed thoughtfully. "I believe education is a very important part of life, and indeed, unlife. In my requiem, I have long since dedicated myself to seeking out that ideal. Not always successfully. But then, that is my character flaw. I overdedicate myself to ideals." He smiled wryly. "And I tend to want the last word." He chuckled behind the shadows, as if he was almost self-conscious about saying that out loud.

"But forgive me. Here we are talking about me, and I have not asked you about yourself. Which art is it that you excel at, Harpy Donovan?"

Ariana laughed softly. "I think a lot of us are that way."

She was never entirely use to talking about herself, but nonetheless she smiled and answered Sidor's question. "Many years ago I was a dancer. Then I was strongly motivated to find a career that would actually move me up in the world, so to speak. I became a journalist with a background in the arts. " She explained a little further. "A nightlife journalist usually handles clubs, entertainment and the arts. This was an easy fit for myself and prior experience." She grinned.

"Journalism? It must be interesting to be able to continue one's prior career into one's requiem," Sidor said, musingly. "What a fascinating opportunity for you. Clearly your luck was on your side." He looked up at the ceiling of Avalon and thought about his former career. Probably not something that would be enjoyed as an anecdote by this woman. It was bloody and uncultured, after all. Very few people appreciated that. Instead, he decided to opt for his more acceptable life choice.

"In my youth, I studied Military Science. Tactics and so on. Not the sort of thing that these nights have much use for, unfortunately."

"A career such as mine may not last long in a requiem. But I shall make the most of it while I am still young." Ariana smirked, knowing they were stuck not aging. "I am an Editor now at the Sacramento Bee, yet I still do quite a bit of journalism work. It is indeed still fascinating."

Ariana laughed and waved her hand "I am not going to pretend to know anything about military tactics." She tilted her head. "Yet, one would think those would come into play for things like the Homeless predicament. Would they not?" She waved her hand again. "I could be far off in my presumption."

"You are lucky that it has lasted at all," Sidor said with a little nod. He felt a familiar pang of envy; what he wouldn't have given to have been able to remain in Russia, practicing his art. But still, that was a human feeling. A human weakness. Normally he would have quashed it instantly, but his faith was struggling.

He had to guard the guttering candle that it had become, lest it go out completely, and yet there had been some, small hopes. Just enough to keep the spark alight.

"It would have been if I had been able to offer such assistance, but I am but a newcomer in this town. I suspect it was much more wise to rely on those who had been in Sacramento and America a long time to plan such an assault. Perhaps in the future, there will be a use for my skills too," the Haunt said with a little shrug. "But Kindred warfare will never be the same as the things I trained for."

"Luck is one way of putting it. I guess perhaps since I have been so fortunate that is why I help others in a way that I can." Ariana shook her head a little. "Not out of pity or gloating, but sometimes all one needs is that first break or step in the right direction." Or to show kindness where others do not, she thought.

She looked to Sidor's shadowed face. "I am sure there will come a time where your skills may be useful. Patience is all it takes." She smiled.

Sidor gave a wry little nod. It was true, of course, that patience was required. If he was anything, it was patient. Had he not played gambits with the Kindred here for the sake of his clan? He was certain, too, of its success. That was a use for his training, although of course, he would never speak of such things aloud.

"It is indeed a virtue," he agreed gravely. "One can only be patient. But forgive me, I'm taking up too much of your important Court duties. Perhaps we could continue this conversation outside of Court at some point?"

“Well, this has been an enjoyable conversation, but you are perhaps correct Mr. Grigoriev.” Ariana spoke in agreement.

She titled her head a little. “Yes, I would enjoy speaking again.” Pulling a card with her number out of her jacket pocket she handed it to him. “Please feel free to call when you would like to do so. I look forward to it.” She smiled as she began walking through the hall again.

It was too bad we could not all take time to have conversations like this. So much would have been settled through simple understanding. She thought to herself.

"Good evening, Harpy Donovan," Sidor said politely, his accent thickening back its normal state as he stepped back into Court, looking thoughtful.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Max

*The Reeve is working quietly in his office, should he be needed.*

Martha Villiers

PRE

Since the Daeva Court tiny Martha has taken to wearing a new style of attire and tonight she conforms to her pattern. She wears a neat buttoned up black riding tunic, a long robust looking black skirt...her shiny knee length black boots are mostly hidden by it's calf length. A pair of neat black gloves and a silk black top hat which trails a long black silken scarf tied to the hat. Her attire is that of an Edwardian lady out riding for a Sunday hack across the South Downs. Her hair tied into a bun. The aroma of minty toothpaste and lavender soap remain but is otherwise bare of cosmetics or adornments. Her walking cane is held tight as she limps heavily from her chamber to see what is going on. Her lame leg drags, she offers a friendly smile to those nearby.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Chris Wooding

Mere seconds later after the Haunt had walked down the stair, Chris Wooding stepped into Court. He wears a relatively formal suit, he was on a mission tonight, information.

He was looking for a nice woman, known as Ciara Maskelyne. She seemed to be old enough to have known a certain Gabriel Marcus, and they were both Carthians, so his bets were on her. After one look around, Chris doesn't see a nice blonde inside, so he walks to a couch. On his way he gives a nod in greeting to Martha, then he takes place on the couch, his eyes focused on the stairs...

Chris

Alice Brown

Some minutes later Alice Brown descends the stairs in an upper mood. With Sarah gone, she needed new friends. Now she had gathered enough subjects to satisfy her 'physical desires', perhaps some friend-friends were needed.

So the Daeva stands at the entrance of Court, hands on her waists, smile on her face, repeating her new mantra.

Be polite, postpone the sex, make new friends. Be polite, postpone the sex, make new friends. Be polite...

Not my favorite dress, but I'm sure Alice likes it
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

W
    WiseGreen

More used to the streets of Sacramento now, Bogdana actually makes it early to the Court. She feels a lot more relaxed tonight, hoping to find a less pretentious environment then last month's Court. She wears a black skirt and a dark-red blouse, and tan-colored sandals, not too high. Her hair was down tonight, half-covering her somewhat kitsch, rhinestone earrings.

Seeing that only a handful of Kindred have arrived, she circles a little around the people already there. She notices Chris and gives him a slight nod; by the aura of seriousness around him, he was carrying the assignment he received on their last meeting, and she didn't want to disturb him. If he doesn't call her, she simply keeps strolling around.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and nods happily in reply to any greeting she is offered. Seeing the arrival of several Kindred, she was interested to note to whom they talked.

Watching the arrival of Bogdana she smiled, readied her cane, and limped heavily over to greet Bogdana, taking time to watch the lady's sandals, revealed legs and skirt before, when closer, offering a friendly smile and a cheerful "Good evening, miss!" followed quickly by a sincere query of, "How do you do?" Her English accent bright and eager.

"Oh, hello! Please, don't stand up!" Bogdana rushes to Martha and raises a hand, keeping a friendly smile. It seemed the figurines from last court could become something like a fad. Oh well.

"You are Ms. Villiers, the Elysium's keeper and Herald do Prince Asa, right? I don't think we had the pleasure to meet each other. I'm Bogdana Blaszanyik. I arrived at Sacramento just short of a month ago."

"I'm doing fine, thanks. Sacramento has been treating me well, although I still have some errands to run to get a proper home here."

Martha nods, a happy smile. She had already made her way over, so the kind protestations were futile, but made Martha giggle slightly. "I am indeed Herald Villiers...Miss Villiers..." she corrects the Ms with a happy smile, no rebuke meant, it seems, more a hint...Martha nods happily and smiles, cheerfully adding, "I have seen you around the Court, Miss Blaszanyik. Your first month has gone well? These errands...part of a transaction with a Regent?" she enquires, clearly interested in hearing the reply.

"Miss Villiers, sorry."

"Something like that. We were hoping Regent Harrt would gift some of her clanmates with tenancy rights. I'm staying in temporary havens for now; they're enough to my basic needs, but..."

"Well, I still need somewhere more permanent to set up shop. We still have to make a living, don't we? Sorry for the bad joke." Dana giggles a bit.

Martha smiles cheerfully at the joke and nodded. "I see! Well, I do hope you can move into more comfortable apartments soon, Miss Blazsanyik!" she pauses and leans on her cane, nodding. "Might I ask, please, have you travelled far and wide before arriving in this Domain, miss?" again, a seemingly genuine interest.

"Not as a Kindred, but plenty before that. As you can see, my Embrace didn't happen when I was young, I had plenty of time to run around before that."

"But my knowledge of other Courts doesn't go beyond San Diego. And I'm lucky to add Sacramento to this short list."

Martha smiles, nodding and clearly interested by all this, "I should love to hear of your travels, miss! Perhaps at your convenience, miss, when you wish to share...I shouldn't wish to seem a pest for tales of the world! I dare say you have many tales to tell!" smiling again. "But, I should wish to know what you think of the nearest Princes - again, at your convenience, miss! We have many Kindred pass through this Domain...I should be interested to know from whence they come and whither they go." a smile.

"I can tell you of San Diego's Prince." She glances around quickly befor going on. "Not kind things, though. I'm afraid I'm a little... Biased against San Diego's finest Kindred."

"The Prince was misguided by some ill-intended advisors to think the Acolytes from that city were plotting against his Praxis. Before tempers could cool down, some of us were already ashes; the rest went into retreat or fled. That's why we can have this conversation tonight, Miss Villiers."

"I'm glad Alder Prince Asa Clarke holds no similar, unfounded grudge against any Covenant in particular... This Court certainly has a more tolerant atmosphere about it."

"I'm worried about by the long absence of Ms. Dirge, our former Hierophant, though. We have been trying to reach her for weeks now without success. Fortunately, mr. Silver could step up and resume her duties. Do you have any news of her, miss Villiers?"

Martha nods and seems to become a little less chirpy, nodding more seriously. "Hmm...there are others who would also wish to know of the whereabouts of Miss Dirge, miss. She is one of many Kindred of note in this Domain who seem to have absented themselves...for a variety of reasons. If you hear of anything in connection with Dirge though, please do let me know, miss!" she smiles again, leans hard on her cane and rubs hard at her stiff, lame thigh as she talks.

"I will, Miss Villiers, you can be certain of it."

She smiles as she tries to drive the conversation to a more light-hearted topic. "What about you, have you been here in Sacramento for long? What do you make of it?"

Smiling, and eager to engage in happier talk, Martha nods, rubs hard at her leg again and chirps, "Oh! I simply adore Sacramento! There is so much to see and do...so many public events...parks...the river can be charming and the libraries at the university are very well supplied! Perhaps, miss, if you wish, we might find some mutual joy in taking a walk by the river one evening!" a happy smile.

"I'll be glad. I enjoy walking very much, I'd be pleased to make you company on such nights. I must confess I'm more interested in watching people than sightseeing, though, but I'm sure Sacramento has enough suitable venues to please both of us."

"What about our fellow Kindred? What do you make of Sacramento's Court? I hope it's always as pleasant as it was the two past events."

Martha nods, clearly having a very positive opinion about Sacramento's tourist sights and certainly looking forward to the planned walk. "Oh, I hold my fellow Kindred in esteem and high regard." a smile, it seems to be true. Happily chatting with bright eyes, she adds, "I have generally found everyone to be friendly...a few grumpy exceptions exist...I am sure, miss, you will make your own judgements upon whom they might be without too much assistance from myself! Besides, they maybe lugubrious and laconic: but that in no way diminishes either their potency or the regard in which I hold them. But many in the Domain are, I hope, welcoming and supportive to their fellow Kindred." she pauses a moment to rub at her hip again, "That is not to say that life in the Domain is a without incident! You will see from the recent announcement by Madam Harpy Donovan that we are currently try to locate a Rogue Kindred! We also recently quelled a small outbreak of activity by elements of The Brood and their allies! So...you see, things are not all plain sailing! But we do try to meet our foes with co-operation...intelligence, skill, resolve and courage." a careful smile.

"Brood, you say? I think I've heard Regent Hart speak somethng about having trouble with them some time ago, but she didn't care to explain it further."

"A rogue Kindred, you say? Is that... Joseph Hartman, if I recall correctly his name? A Dragon, isn't him? I've heard something about it, but I figured it was a 'missing person' issue. Is he on the run for something he's done?"

Martha shakes her head. "I regret no...it is not Mr Hartman. If it were, it would be an easy mission to accomplish for he is locked safely away awaiting his recovery. No, Mr Hartman was badly wounded in a recent incident with some elements of the homeless community. The integrity and courage of Mr Hartman is not in doubt at all." she adjusts her hat as if to punctuate that point she wished to stress, then continues, "No, miss, this Rogue Kindred is altogether less useful to our Domain, one might even say, he is a dangerous. He was involved in the kidnap of a mortal and a subsequent high speed pursuit of high performance motor vehicles!" wide eyed. "Imagine! Well...good sense prevailed on part of the pursuers not to risk law enforcement intervention and the broke off the chase. But, the Kindred remains at large! Our adversary's vehicle had a distinctive licence plate...so, hopefully, that will provide clues to his identity and whereabouts. Personally, I would advise caution in approaching this foe. I have no doubts he is a potent enemy. Though, I have equal faith that the Reeve and his Deputies are equal to the task of rounding up the fugitive! That is to say, I also believe they should be able to rely on us all for support and assistance!"

"I see... I hope this situation is dealt with soon, then. At least the homeless issue is no more a concern, isn't that right?

But that Brood incident you've mentioned, I'm afraid it must have happened before my arrival in Sacramento... What was that about?"

Martha nods, "Indeed...the situation regarding the homeless is quelled...the matter of the Brood would require a whole evening to retell!" she offers a small smile, "Suffice to say...we need to remain vigilant to their malice and presence, but for the most part, we seem to have quelled their most recent activity. An awful lot of fighting...in sewers. Many Kindred had opportunities to show their courage and other qualities."

Dana looks around a bit, looking to the people around them, as if thinking of something.

"Miss Villiers, I'm sure you remember what happened last court. Regarding two new arrivals, one of which was a fellow Gangrel, they were banished to the Barrens by the Prince until further notice. Is that a common punishment? Also, I don't now the Barrens of Sacramento or where they are located... Is it that bad?"

he then glances the new visitors. "Oh, aren't they Mr. Veres and Miss Cardoso? And... Who's the young woman with them, the thin one? I don't think I recall seeing her before."

Martha was about to explain about the Barrens and its location. Her hands getting into position and about to flutter directions when Dana's other query about the trio of Anasztaz, Amelita and the mystery woman broke her train of thought.

The new Beast caught her attention. Tiny Martha stared long and hard at Riley's leggings and shoes...Gulping back the urges to Fight or Flight and rubbing hard at her lame hip Martha studies the new arrival closely...very closely.

"Hmm. She is very striking...perhaps she is lost and in need of direction. I don't recall seeing her before, miss. Perhaps we should introduce ourselves!" she asks with a friendly nod to Dana, Martha readies her cane to begin the walk over to greet them all.

"Shall we, then?" Dana rushes to stand up first, and then offers a hand to the Keeper, helping her to get up too. She then turns to the newly arrived, taking care to walk side by side with Martha and not leaving her behind.

"Yes, thank you!" Martha smiles, accepts the help offered and hobbles along, careful and steady. Trying to do so gracefully and keeping up with Dana...to whom she smiles happily as they make their way over to the newly arrived trio.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Anton Flores BP 4

Anton Flores took a spot in view of the commons, where he could take stock of new arrivals. He was dimly aware of Brother Grigoriev speaking with the new Harpy and the trickle of neonates around the Herald. Idly he watched Chris Wooding, an eyebrow raised.
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.